Take absolutely nothing away from Facey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Take absolutely nothing away from Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What do you mean incredibly talented? Have you watched Facey much. What have you seen him do other than score off of deep interior passes (at the basket) or on any put backs? He plays hard, but he has no ability to create his own shot or score outside of 4 feet. Where is this huge talent?

How many times has the guards looked for him or gotten him the ball?
He can't create without the ball
He is by far the last option or no option when on the floor which I have a fard time seeing because when i see him practice/play pick-up games he does some sweet things.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think we all agree that Kentan is improving at a good rate and performing better than expected at PF.
I think the difference is half full vs. half empty. We should remember that his history of playing bball isn't much longer than AB's.
As far as Hamilton at the 4, it is a tool to be used when it is to our advantage. Not a permanent status.

Reaction Score
He is by far the last option or no option when on the floor which I have a fard time seeing because when i see him practice/play pick-up games he does some sweet things.

Confidence factor too as you say, could be it. Not sure the handle is there or if it's just confidence in putting it on the floor once the lights go on? Anyway, we play against and have had our trouble vs "garbage" players who just seem to make things happen around the basket. He's fine if that's what the end result is, just do it every night - lunch pail!

Reaction Score
It's all about confidence. That comes with success regardless of the magnitude.
Growth in confidence and consistency is never linear. It ebbs and flows with each success and failure.The idea is to trend in a favorable direction. Taking 5-10 players in a favorable direction and blending their talents to best maximize a teams results is the true measure of a coach.
Ollie has proven he is up to that challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom