Syracuse | The Boneyard

Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hate saying it but Syracuse is definitely the best team in the country right now.

Reaction Score
Arizona might have something to say about that. Hate saying that too :0

Reaction Score
They are long and control the glass, but NC is not great.

Reaction Score
They are long and control the glass, but NC is not great.
I know Carolina is bad but every time I've seen Syracuse they completely dominate the boards and dominate defensively with their length. Ennis is a stud at point, Fair is a stud on the wing and Cooney is a knock down shooter. They pass the eye test more for me than Arizona does.

Reaction Score
Who have they played? Its your typical Boeheim team...........an inflated record, playing a weak ooc, always at home, that then loses in the 2nd round of the ncaa. This team's best player is a freshmen and has no go to scorer. The last few games, they have barely touched 60 vs weak acc teams...........and yes, unc right now is a weak acc team. On a neutral floor, Arizona would beat Syracuse by 15. Hell, I think Duke does.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Who have they played? Its your typical Boeheim team......an inflated record, playing a weak ooc, always at home, that then loses in the 2nd round of the ncaa. This team's best player is a freshmen and has no go to scorer. The last few games, they have barely touched 60 vs weak acc teams......and yes, unc right now is a weak acc team. On a neutral floor, Arizona would beat Syracuse by 15. Hell, I think Duke does.
Nova? Baylor? Cuse is legit no diminishing them. I personally think Iowa st is the best team in the country even in their loss today. They are tough as nails. Kane spraining his ankle is a bad break.

Reaction Score
Who have they played? Its your typical Boeheim team......an inflated record, playing a weak ooc, always at home, that then loses in the 2nd round of the ncaa. This team's best player is a freshmen and has no go to scorer. The last few games, they have barely touched 60 vs weak acc teams......and yes, unc right now is a weak acc team. On a neutral floor, Arizona would beat Syracuse by 15. Hell, I think Duke does.
Silly

Reaction Score
Meh, JB will find a way to have them lose in the second round of the tourney

Reaction Score
With Zona's size and defense I think they are the best, especially with the way Nick Johnson is playing, but Cuse is right up there as well.

Also, Sean Miller is superb

Reaction Score
Cuse didn't look good today. They didn't shoot we'll. A lot of holes in the zone and UNC just can't shoot the ball. Eye test today says Cuse just was not that good. Now they are 16-0 so they are beating everyone they played but Today they didn't look that good.

Reaction Score
Cuse didn't look good today. They didn't shoot we'll. A lot of holes in the zone and UNC just can't shoot the ball. Eye test today says Cuse just was not that good. Now they are 16-0 so they are beating everyone they played but Today they didn't look that good.
I agree that Cuse didn't play well, Ennis and Cooney were both bad and they still blew out UNC. I get that UNC isn't bad but they have beaten a few of the best teams in the country this year. Syracuse is going to win a lot of games just from crashing the boards and their defensive presence.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Hate saying it but Syracuse is definitely the best team in the country right now.

If they gave out National Championship banners in January, Syracuse would be one of the all time great programs. Instead, they are Syracuse.

I look forward to UConn upsetting Syracuse in the 2nd round of the tournament (cuz you know the selection committee loves setting up matchups like that despite their claim that it is coincidence).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Turned it on in time to hear ESPN hyping SU as being able to reload every and "be in contention." Then turned it off.

The only thing they are in contention for every year is the shortest distance traveled out of conference and being bounced by the Vermonts of the world.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is the Evil Empire to me, but I have to give them some credit. Over the last five years they have one FF, one E8, two S16, and a second round exit.

And, they've been recruiting well.

We all know Syracuse alums have infiltrated the networks, which is nauseating, but they have been pretty consistently good for a few years.

Until they win another title, they're still just Syracuse....

Reaction Score
Give the Cuse credit……they've really turned into a scrappy little program that once in a blue moon makes a nice run in the tourney. They even capture lightning in a bottle, like such other scrappy underdogs as Villanova and NC State. They can take all the shots they want at UConn, but 3 championships to 1 is really irrefutable…..but give 'em credit, they keep coming back for me every year….

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
bobbygt said:
Syracuse is the Evil Empire to me, but I have to give them some credit. Over the last five years they have one FF, one E8, two S16, and a second round exit.

We all know Syracuse alums have infiltrated the networks, which is nauseating, but they have been pretty consistently good for a few years.

That would first require them to qualify as an empire. They are more a like a backwoods kid that enjoys torturing small animals wearing a paper crown from Burger King.

They are best team in the ACC in a year where the ACC really stinks and in a good year wasn't as good as the old BE. I see nothing from them we haven't seen in the past. The only difference is we aren't there.

Reaction Score

Those results are fine, but they over achieved based on seeding 1 time in those five years and underachieved 3 times.

Reaction Score
UNC is awful, can't pass the ball or shoot it……

great year for the Cuse to waddle in to the ACC as the top dogs are awful……duke crushed by ND and Clemson, they make us look like an outstanding rebounding team, 2 or 3 big guys had double doubles for the Tigers today…..duke is soft !!

Reaction Score
All good points, Subbabub and Jerry1714

I just didn't want to sound like their fans- so I'm publicly acknowledging their greatness, while knowing deep down that they'll blow it.

Reaction Score
Syracuse has looked pretty good so far, but they have a tendency to jump out to a gaudy record in their first 20 games and then have the wheels completely fall off, or failing that, flame out in the tournament.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cuse is and always will be one Carmello away from a national championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads