Syracuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Syracuse is legit, no question, but there are still a few teams I'd take over them, most notably Arizona and Michigan State.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to Pitt beating them in the Carrier Dome next week.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They honestly look real good right now and that's ok with me because it just sets up the whole program and fan base to dine on more failure in March. The thought warms my heart.

Reaction Score
Again, UNC and the ACC are really awful this year so their preparation prior to the tourney will suck for the most part. An early exit against a team that can make shots is awaiting them once again. They scored 57 against a UNC team that's can't guard chairs………not impressed. Cooney can shoot it once in a while but he can be stopped and his side of the zone is cushy, he's slow and everyone goes by him. Tha's the penetration angle all teams should take……..it's like having TO on top of the zone actually. But they are very long everywhere else………we'll see but NC isn't happening

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If Cuse beats Pitt next Saturday, I might believe. Dixon is 10-4 lifetime vs. Cuse, 5-1 in Carrier Dome, 2-2 since 2010-11. Living in Pgh, I see/hear most of Pitt's games. It's a solid team, probably best since DeJuan Blair left. Lamar Patterson is for real - capable of putting team on his back. Zanna had an epiphany/metamorphosis and controls the inside. Robinson is the true PG they've been missing - dishes first, protects the ball. Team is averaging 9 TOs per game and can actually shoot free throws. They'll be a handful for Syracuse. I think Pitt can win the ACC.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They are what they have always been, a hot house flower in the dome playing zone against teams who rarely see it or teams from upstate NY lacking the discipline to beat good teams who can defeat the zone. No doubt they would be one of the best teams in the BE, but this isn't an exceptional SU team. They would challenge for either title, but this extra hype is the ACC/ESPN effect.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I despise Syracuse, but the past 3 seasons have been 2 elite 8s and 1 final 4 ( if I'm not mistaken).. So the early exit jokes are kind of ridiculous.

Championship jokes though, well, that's still fair play :cool:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I despise Syracuse, but the past 3 seasons have been 2 elite 8s and 1 final 4 ( if I'm not mistaken).. So the early exit jokes are kind of ridiculous.

Championship jokes though, well, that's still fair play :cool:

2010-11: 1-1 (didn't make S16)
2011-12: 3-1 (lost in EE)
2012-13: 4-1 (lost in FF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads