Syracuse women | The Boneyard

Syracuse women

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Orangettes beat Temple at Temple on Thursday in a WNIT third round game, 82-68. This is impressive because a couple articles have said that while WNIT teams aren't seeded, Temple was regarded as the top team in the tournament. Go SU!

The remaining 8 teams:
Syracuse at Toledo, today at 2:00
Virginia vs James Madison, tomorrow, time TBA
Colorado at Oklahoma State, tomorrow 1:30 ET
San Diego at Washington, tomorrow 3:00 ET

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Syracuse advances to the WNIT Final Four with a 74-73 victory over Toledo. Go Big East!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Toledo's not a team you hear much about but they were solid in the MAC. i was actually rooting for Temple (future big east and Tonya) over Syracuse (soon to be former big east)...

Reaction Score
Toledo's coach Tricia Cullop (sp) wrote an article for ESPN about Gino that Nan posted about a year ago. I've kind of followed Toledo since then and they are a good mid major team - note they beat Cincinnati last week in the NIT and won the WNIT last year. Their coach turned turned the Toledo program around. I look for Cullop to move on to bigger things soon. I think she's a Purdue grad so suspect she will end up in the BIG TEN or a similar big time mid west venue.

Reaction Score
Temple's performance this year has been a mild disappointment. I was hoping Tonya would do better.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Big overtime win for the Orange as they advance to the Women's NIT Final Four. They will play James Madison at James Madison Wednesday at 7:00 Orange advance to Final Four SU's run is particularly impressive as they've had to win all previous games on their opponents' home courts (I think). The other semifinal matchup is San Diego at OK State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom