Syracuse Up Next for the Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1169154_853802997986958_983783441_a.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 9.44.50 PM.png

Reaction Score
10 years? Please bring it back 11 years #2003didn'thappen

Don't think it doesn't go back 11. Reading it again, it says at least 10. Funny how they stopped there though.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
So McMurphy broke the news that broke a week ago?

Reaction Score
tcf15 said:
I feel like once McMurphy reports it, that's when you know it's legit.

He's a stirrer for realignment and violations, but your right his stuff is typically accurate.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone find it curious that there isn't a single opinion piece on the North Carolina report on ESPN.com? Just the AP article from yesterday.

Roy Williams making a trip to Kansas is on the front page, but the 20 year academic scandal where fake grades were issued to 1,500 athletes is somehow not newsy enough to have anyone actually write a single word about it.

Reaction Score
The extra benefit issue is news to me. I thought the investigation was primarily focusing on academics and failed drug tests.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...sketball-football-programs-ncaa-investigation

The majority of the allegations -- and the most serious -- involve the men's basketball program. Among the allegations facing the men's basketball team are receiving extra benefits and academic issues, a source said. Those allegations go back about 10 years and are as current as the 2013 season, a source said.

"There were things going on consistently (with the men's basketball program) for a long time," a source said.

Reaction Score
Anyone find it curious that there isn't a single opinion piece on the North Carolina report on ESPN.com? Just the AP article from yesterday.

Roy Williams making a trip to Kansas is on the front page, but the 20 year academic scandal where fake grades were issued to 1,500 athletes is somehow not newsy enough to have anyone actually write a single word about it.

What is there to say, other than that it seems to absurd to be true. I'm not surprised but it is disappointing.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...sketball-football-programs-ncaa-investigation

The majority of the allegations -- and the most serious -- involve the men's basketball program. Among the allegations facing the men's basketball team are receiving extra benefits and academic issues, a source said. Those allegations go back about 10 years and are as current as the 2013 season, a source said.

"There were things going on consistently (with the men's basketball program) for a long time," a source said.
From same article:

When investigations require hearings before the Committee on Infractions, it involves the more serious Level I violations and/or Level II violations. NCAA officials will not comment on pending cases.

Here are some examples of Level 1 and Level 2 violations:

Level I
Lack of institutional control.
Academic fraud.
Failure to cooperate in an NCAA enforcement investigation.
Individual unethical or dishonest conduct.
Head coach responsibility violation by a head coach resulting from an underlying Level I violation by an individual within the sport program.​

Level II
Violations that do not rise to the level of Level I violations and are more serious than Level III violations.
Failure to monitor.
Systemic violations that do not amount to a lack of institutional control.
Multiple recruiting, financial aid, or eligibility violations that do not amount. to a lack of institutional control.
Collective Level III violations.​

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I always wondered how the likes of eric devendorf, brandon triche..ect. could have remained eligible to play. Some of these former cuse players can barely put a coherent sentence together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom