Syracuse Up Next for the Violations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse Up Next for the Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you go back ten years or so, Syracuse recruiting was absolutely dead in the water - I think the Post Standard offended Boeheim with an article stating as much.

Shortly thereafter, Beoheim bumped his staff around and put Hopkins and Troy Weaver on the recruiting trail and it's been gangbusters since. They went whole hog into the AAU scene and it paid off, but I wonder if it hasn't come back to haunt them.

Also, interesting how Hopkins, despite being rumored to be such a good assistant coach, has been unable to get a head coaching gig.

This may end that road for him.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Warning to anyone thinking about purchasing the syracuse cologne. While wearing your significant other will think you were cheating. It smells like sex and alcohol.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If you go back ten years or so, Syracuse recruiting was absolutely dead in the water - I think the Post Standard offended Boeheim with an article stating as much.

Shortly thereafter, Beoheim bumped his staff around and put Hopkins and Troy Weaver on the recruiting trail and it's been gangbusters since. They went whole hog into the AAU scene and it paid off, but I wonder if it hasn't come back to haunt them.

Also, interesting how Hopkins, despite being rumored to be such a good assistant coach, has been unable to get a head coaching gig.

This may end that road for him.

Who was the kid who ended up at Iona under weird circumstances? I think that was the last straw for them.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Anyone find it curious that there isn't a single opinion piece on the North Carolina report on ESPN.com? Just the AP article from yesterday. Roy Williams making a trip to Kansas is on the front page, but the 20 year academic scandal where fake grades were issued to 1,500 athletes is somehow not newsy enough to have anyone actually write a single word about it.

It's really puzzling. They did do an Outside the Lines piece on Rashad McCants making these allegations in June. Wonder if ESPN execs woke up with a horse's head next to them.

Reaction Score
Malachi Richardson doesn't like the sound of any of this.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Who was the kid who ended up at Iona under weird circumstances? I think that was the last straw for them.

That was DeShaun Williams.

He transferred to Iona after fighting half the Syracuse campus, needing papal intervention to keep him academically eligible, knocking up Preston Shumpert's girlfriend and then actually punching out Otto the Orange at a bar on his way out the door.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
That was DeShaun Williams. He transferred to Iona after fighting half the Syracuse campus, needing papal intervention to keep him academically eligible, knocking up Preston Shumpert's girlfriend and then actually punching out Otto the Orange at a bar on his way out the door.

In fairness, he was nominated for a Nobel Prize for punching Otto the Orange. The Nobel Committee didn't really have a category for it, but they were thankful enough that they created one.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It's really puzzling. They did do an Outside the Lines piece on Rashad McCants making these allegations in June. Wonder if ESPN execs woke up with a horse's head next to them.
Outside the lines yesterday was entirely spent discussing the UNC scandal.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I accidentally dragged in that picture but I figured i would just leave it.
1169154_853802997986958_983783441_a-jpg.7261

That's the warlord in charge of handing out the 26-0 t shirts, no?

Reaction Score
I kind of feel bad for Syracuse....Never mind i just remembered all the they gave us for APR issues see you never Cuse

zls44

Reaction Score
That was DeShaun Williams.

He transferred to Iona after fighting half the Syracuse campus, needing papal intervention to keep him academically eligible, knocking up Preston Shumpert's girlfriend and then actually punching out Otto the Orange at a bar on his way out the door.

Hat trick! Punching Otto is just an extra bonus.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Even worse, there was a girl in the Otto costume at the time.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I feel like once McMurphy reports it, that's when you know it's legit.

That's when you know they can't sweep it under the rug.

zls44

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Even worse, there was a girl in the Otto costume at the time.

Preston Shumpert's GF?

Reaction Score
Anyone find it curious that there isn't a single opinion piece on the North Carolina report on ESPN.com? Just the AP article from yesterday.

Roy Williams making a trip to Kansas is on the front page, but the 20 year academic scandal where fake grades were issued to 1,500 athletes is somehow not newsy enough to have anyone actually write a single word about it.
CNN is killing them on this; even had an interview with McCants. Most critical were one of the talking heads who is an alumnus (cant remember her name) and Topper whose father was a prof at UNC. ESPN has disappeared on this story.

Reaction Score
Cuse's penalties, if any, will be capped by what's going on at UNC. Cuse will get 1/2 of what UNC gets. What's half of nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom