Syracuse making it is a disgrace | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Syracuse making it is a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Not tulsa's fault they were a last resort.
Monmouth lost a mid major tourney game. Dance in the nit.
Tulsa swept us after all. And beat the hell out of smu in dallas im pretty sure.

Reaction Score
I do not agree that Syracuse was a waste, they had 9 games without their coach. They won at Duke, beat Notre Dame, ST bonnie, UCONN and Texas A&M and was battled tested! There were bad losses without their coach, yes but they are deserving in my opinion.
Obviously agree with this, but maybe I'm biased. No mention of Michigan, which before Friday, had 3 top-50 wins. Three. They beat up on the bottom of the B1G (Minnesota, NW, Neb, Illinois etc.). Then people pretend beating Indiana once validates their entire season. Syracuse definitely had some terrible losses (StJ, Gtown), but had much better wins than any other team on the bubble.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not tulsa's fault they were a last resort.
Monmouth lost a mid major tourney game. Dance in the nit.
Tulsa swept us after all. And beat the hell out of smu in dallas im pretty sure.
Tulsa didn't sweep us noobatron

Reaction Score
Obviously agree with this, but maybe I'm biased. No mention of Michigan, which before Friday, had 3 top-50 wins. Three. They beat up on the bottom of the B1G (Minnesota, NW, Neb, Illinois etc.). Then people pretend beating Indiana once validates their entire season. Syracuse definitely had some terrible losses (StJ, Gtown), but had much better wins than any other team on the bubble.
Your 100.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Ohai again @docsu .

Still see that thread going on over there. I see you guys have a sparkling opinion of me.

Just some food for thought for you as you head back there. Could it be possible that I don't have a sock puppet account and just said I did because I knew you (and all the other cuse fans who pretend they don't read this board) would go back there and get all lathered up about having a traitor in their midst? Thus proving that you DO care about UConn still even though you all deny it?

Also think for a second. Did I intentionally start a sock puppet and post that here or was it simply a smart reply in light of the fact that YOU came here first to troll us. Think about it. Re-read the thread.

Do you really think I have the time to be over there? I don't. But I did not even have to leave a single thread on MY OWN message board or type more than 40 words and it prompted not one but TWO multiple page threads on your message board.

And Im the Loser? LOL.

I win so much I get tired of winning. we are going to make the American great.

Am I the only person that has no clue what a sock puppet is?

Reaction Score
Yeah, if the committee is tossing out Boeheim's games--which I have a problem with, to be clear--Syracuse is obviously a tournament team. People getting up in arms about Monmouth or St. Mary's missing? Neither of them have a win like @Duke.

I don't totally get the Syracuse hate, just like I don't get why your board hates UConn so much. I loved the rivalry and hope we're in B1G or B12 soon enough; then maybe we can have a former BE double header in MSG with Gtown, Syracuse, West Virginia, Pitt, UConn, Villanova or something.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hopkins' 4-5 record and manner in which he "coached" helps teams recruit against SU.

It's no longer speculation of how SU's program will look and play after JB.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Ketchup on rice...so good

Just wanna say one thing about syraluse
I noticed during an espn bracket ad
They replaced us with 9 syracuse facing 8 colorado.
I saw that fake ish

Gotta go buy some rolling rock now

Reaction Score
My guess is they were factoring in the fact that they went 4-5 when Boeheim was suspended and probably deserved a 10 seed based on their play when he was there. Still, you can't just pretend those games didn't happen. And if you do, why not pretend our games when Brimah was hurt didn't happen? And just so everyone doesn't think I'm a whiny, biased UConn fan, I'll give you another example. Why not pretend Wichita State's early season games with injury problems didn't happen? And I'm sure there are other examples. If anything, those deserved more ignoring since Boeheim was suspended as punishment and the injuries were just things that happened. But really, you can't just pretend games never happened out of convenience. I don't care if it's UConn, Syracuse, or Wichita State. That's not how this works.

Reaction Score
My guess is they were factoring in the fact that they went 4-5 when Boeheim was suspended and probably deserved a 10 seed based on their play when he was there. Still, you can't just pretend those games didn't happen. And if you do, why not pretend our games when Brimah was hurt didn't happen? And just so everyone doesn't think I'm a whiny, biased UConn fan, I'll give you another example. Why not pretend Wichita State's early season games with injury problems didn't happen? And I'm sure there are other examples. If anything, those deserved more ignoring since Boeheim was suspended as punishment and the injuries were just things that happened. But really, you can't just pretend games never happened out of convenience. I don't care if it's UConn, Syracuse, or Wichita State. That's not how this works.
I don't know why people across the nation are focused on Syracuse not supposed to be in the tournament, if you look at Cuse's resume next to Michigan, Tulsa, Vanderbilt, or Oregon State (a 7 seed!), it's not even close IMO.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if the committee is tossing out Boeheim's games--which I have a problem with, to be clear--Syracuse is obviously a tournament team. People getting up in arms about Monmouth or St. Mary's missing? Neither of them have a win like @Duke.

I don't totally get the Syracuse hate, just like I don't get why your board hates UConn so much. I loved the rivalry and hope we're in B1G or B12 soon enough; then maybe we can have a former BE double header in MSG with Gtown, Syracuse, West Virginia, Pitt, UConn, Villanova or something.
That would be pretty cool to set up a mini tournament(showcase) with games like
Syracuse-UConn
Pittsburgh-Villanova
Notre Dame-Georgetown

Then change it up every year, maybe mix in other teams

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't know why people across the nation are focused on Syracuse not supposed to be in the tournament, if you look at Cuse's resume next to Michigan, Tulsa, Vanderbilt, or Oregon State (a 7 seed!), it's not even close IMO.
Um don't they now hold the distinction for the lowest RPI to ever get an at large?

Reaction Score
If the NCAA can ignore what UNC has done and give them a 1 seed- then they can ignore just about anything.

Reaction Score

I agree with this. Syracuse definitely had a better case than those teams.

I think people see Syracuse's record and are skeptical (along with the loss to the Johnnies), which I don't disagree with completely.

Then again, Uconn made it in 2011-2012 with about the same profile.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Um don't they now hold the distinction for the lowest RPI to ever get an at large?
EGXwATl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox