Syracuse making it is a disgrace | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Syracuse making it is a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Um don't they now hold the distinction for the lowest RPI to ever get an at large?
People make illogical arguments. I've heard the following 100 times, "Syracuse lost to St. John's and Clemson, while Monmouth beat Notre Dame, USC, and UCLA." Okay, but let's make it apples-to-apples then. Let's mention Monmouth's bad losses, which you don't hear about. Monmouth lost to Canisius, Army, Manhattan, and Iona x2. Those first 3 would be Syracuse's worst losses of the season. Not to single out Monmouth, but I'm making the point that with 200 statistical figures, it's easy to cherry pick the lowest rating or measure for one team and try to compare it to the highest measure or rating for another team. Do people think Monmouth would go .500 in the ACC? Beat UConn, tA&M, Duke? Likewise, would Syracuse go 27-7 in the MAAC? Can't say for certain, so I guess that's why it's a debate.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
People make illogical arguments. I've heard the following 100 times, "Syracuse lost to St. John's and Clemson, while Monmouth beat Notre Dame, USC, and UCLA." Okay, but let's make it apples-to-apples then. Let's mention Monmouth's bad losses, which you don't hear about. Monmouth lost to Canisius, Army, Manhattan, and Iona x2. Those first 3 would be Syracuse's worst losses of the season. Not to single out Monmouth, but I'm making the point that with 200 statistical figures, it's easy to cherry pick the lowest rating or measure for one team and try to compare it to the highest measure or rating for another team. Do people think Monmouth would go .500 in the ACC? Beat UConn, tA&M, Duke? Likewise, would Syracuse go 27-7 in the MAAC? Can't say for certain, so I guess that's why it's a debate.
Syracuse has some good wins, and other better metrics than the RPI. I'll grant. I'm not saying they should be in or out. ( my personal wish aside).

I'm merely answering your question on why people in this country are talking about Syracuse making it. They are talking about it because Syracuse has set a record for the lowest RPI to ever receive an at large bid.
How could you not expect that? The RPI is the most ubiquitous ranking system to Joe q Public. Yours sucks . You made tourney. People talk. It's pretty simple, no?

caw

Reaction Score
Syracuse has some good wins, and other better metrics than the RPI. I'll grant. I'm not saying they should be in or out. ( my personal wish aside).

I'm merely answering your question on why people in this country are talking about Syracuse making it. They are talking about it because Syracuse has set a record for the lowest RPI to ever receive an at large bid.
How could you not expect that? The RPI is the most ubiquitous ranking system to Joe q Public. Yours sucks . You made tourney. People talk. It's pretty simple, no?

SHUT UP AND EAT THE MOJO SANDWICH, COMMIE

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
SHUT UP AND EAT THE MOJO SANDWICH, COMMIE
Damn I come in at 415 am thinking I'd have an hour or so of peace. I guess that was naive thinking,

I can appreciate the diligence though.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Damn I come in at 415 am thinking I'd have an hour or so of peace. I guess that was naive thinking,

upload_2016-3-17_11-6-25.jpeg

Even in Serbia we know that you need to умукни и једи мојо!

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
that should read:

умукни и једи Мојо сендвич
"umukni i jedi Mojo sendvič"

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

EGXwATl.png

Reaction Score
How about this then, your team shouldn't have been put into the field because, if there was any justice, you would have been banned from this post season anyway. That self-punishment stunt your team pulled last year was lame as hell and the NCAA, if their balls weren't in the hands of ESPN, wouldn't have put up with it. If the filth at Syracuse had been found at UConn, and we tried to self-punish in a year that we sucked, the NCAA would certainly have tacked on another year. You got off easy last year and you were gifted a trip to the tournament this year for one reason and one reason only. ESPN has the NCAA by the balls and ESPN is being run by ACC grads and, in particular, Syracuse grads. The most interesting part of watching Syracuse basketball these days is seeing the battle between Boeheim and his bladder.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Mojo never sleeps. And shut up and eat the mojo sandwich, commie.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is about money. Tournament credits to be specific. All these teams seeded 9 and 10 were in before the conference tournaments.

The AAC was always getting 4 spots. Tulsa is in because SMU is out and Cuse or whichever ACC team was last was in because Louisville was out.

The P5, or P9 in BB, decoded they don't need to take any more little guys than they have to take.

If you are a P9 committee rep, are you backing a fellow P9 for the extra credits looking for them to return the favor. Or, are you handing extra money to the America East for no good reason.

Reaction Score
My guess is they were factoring in the fact that they went 4-5 when Boeheim was suspended and probably deserved a 10 seed based on their play when he was there. Still, you can't just pretend those games didn't happen. And if you do, why not pretend our games when Brimah was hurt didn't happen? And just so everyone doesn't think I'm a whiny, biased UConn fan, I'll give you another example. Why not pretend Wichita State's early season games with injury problems didn't happen? And I'm sure there are other examples. If anything, those deserved more ignoring since Boeheim was suspended as punishment and the injuries were just things that happened. But really, you can't just pretend games never happened out of convenience. I don't care if it's UConn, Syracuse, or Wichita State. That's not how this works.

Problem for me is he wasn't sitting out because he was sick right? So how the hell can you even look at a "suspended" guys games which he missed because he did something wring according to the NCAA? Makes little to no sense, can't have them back if he wasn't sick. They're good enough to play in this thing, but 19-13 isn't good enough to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom