Syracuse / Iowa State thread. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse / Iowa State thread.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
ESPN doesn't have a clue. All their feeds and they have only 1 game at a time on - Baloney. It would be different if they had something interesting and/or popular on the other channels.

This +100! I've been saying for years that with ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNClassic and ESPNNews, that they should be forced to show games on more than just one of their outlets. Whiparound coverage stinks and often, the game you want to watch is either not shown...or they show a little bit of it, then cut away. Thankfully, we can watch most of them now via the WatchESPN page but watching on a computer isn't the same as seeing the game I want to watch on the big screen.

Reaction Score
This +100! I've been saying for years that with ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNClassic and ESPNNews, that they should be forced to show games on more than just one of their outlets. Whiparound coverage stinks and often, the game you want to watch is either not shown...or they show a little bit of it, then cut away. Thankfully, we can watch most of them now via the WatchESPN page but watching on a computer isn't the same as seeing the game I want to watch on the big screen.

This is where DirecTV is worth it's weight in Gold. I get every single game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well I won't have to worry about whip around coverage this afternoon and evening as I'm watching games live in Hec Ed Pavilion in Seattle.

Reaction Score
Highly unlikely that UConn was intentionally given a tougher schedule .......I doubt that the NCAA cares whether UConn wins or not..........I think they want to see very competitive games leading to a final with UConn vs the biggest TV market left in the tournament..........if UConn goes out early so do the TV ratings

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Doesn't ESPN have the capability of providing coverage based on regional interest? All else being equal I'd rather be watching Stanford than any of these other games.
You can watch any of the games on ESPN3.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You can connect a cable from your computer to the TV to watch it on the big screen. Among other options.

Reaction Score
Pretty naive take. Cuse was considered a 6 seed by most analysts. The P5 never gets screwed unless there's something else going on.

The Committee clearly wanted to manufacture a matchup that was interesting (championship rematch) and excessively challenging to the current dominant program. It absolutely was intentional.

You fail to consider that the committee could be not very good at its job.

And the committee's rationale for wanting to "get" UConn? I assure you that everyone in the know absolutely wants UConn to get to the final 4. (ESPN being 1st in line on that.)

Reaction Score
Explain to me please... UCONN is the number 1 overall seed. They scheduled the toughest non confrence schedule in the country!! And your telling me UCONN didn't get the toughest region... Toughest road to the final four?? Whats the point scheduling the toughest schedule if it means nothing?? The committee is a joke they want nothing more to see UCONN not make it to a final four and win a national title. They want to see another team win. Our 3 point defense is not the best.. I'm telling u... Syracuse will win!! With 7 deep player rotation ... The press will get to our short bench. I know I'm making enemies but the run will come to a end on Monday!!! The committee knew exactly what they were doing give UCONN the toughest bracket ...

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Gonna be an interesting second round game between UCONN and Syracuse, if the Orange hold on, which seems likely. Both teams can score...Syracuse goes through defensive lapses at times. Could be a game where both teams score in the 90s.

Reaction Score
Doesn't ESPN have the capability of providing coverage based on regional interest? All else being equal I'd rather be watching Stanford than any of these other games.
That absolutely are doing that. Except it's more like "state" coverage. The entire states of CA and NM are getting the Stanford game in its entirety...

Women's NCAA tournament coverage maps

Reaction Score
And if there so worried about money and UCONN doesn't make it to Bridgeport they will still get a turn out with New York not to far away!! Trust me the committee knew what they were doing... South Carolina gets a cupcake walk to the final four really? UCONN has the toughest region and a region full of talent. If they get by Syracuse and that's a big if.... They will have to beat UCLA and most likely Maryland.... The season has been amazing but it comes to a end Monday night!! I see Syracuse making it to the final four!!!

Reaction Score
Explain to me please... UCONN is the number 1 overall seed. They scheduled the toughest non confrence schedule in the country!! And your telling me UCONN didn't get the toughest region... Toughest road to the final four?? Whats the point scheduling the toughest schedule if it means nothing?? The committee is a joke they want nothing more to see UCONN not make it to a final four and win a national title. They want to see another team win. Our 3 point defense is not the best.. I'm telling u... Syracuse will win!! With 7 deep player rotation ... The press will get to our short bench. I know I'm making enemies but the run will come to a end on Monday!!! The committee knew exactly what they were doing give UCONN the toughest bracket ...
UConn will beat Syracuse by 30

Reaction Score
Not ISU day!!! SYR is blowing them out!!! 60-40 near the end of the 3rd Q.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
UCONN will take Syracuse out "Whole New Door"... "94-54" Prepare for UCONN layup drill ... How bad depends on how long Q keeps full court press on... Adios Orange...

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
[So, barring an insane Iowa St. comeback…] Syracuse looks to me pretty much like they did last year. Their 3-point shooting is a little scary because they're capable of shooting the lights out for stretches of a game, and we have a bad tendency at times of not closing out well or otherwise giving up open looks. And closing out is important against Syracuse because they don't actually care about field goal percentage, so they'll take a ton of quick shots from way beyond the arc. Normally you'd be happy with an opponent doing that, but they make enough of those that you have to go guard them out there.

That said, if we can avoid turning the ball over and hold our own on the defensive glass, I think we'll probably be okay. Syracuse's whole m.o. is to force turnovers and grab rebounds so they end up with several more shot attempts than their opponent. If we attempt anywhere near the number of shots they do, our offensive efficiency should make all the difference. One area of concern is fatigue against their press (remember that huge but inconsequential run they put on us in the 3rd quarter last year?) because we're not terribly deep, and this doesn't feel to me like the type of game where Nat is likely to play a lot. On the other hand, I think we have a deeper group of full-court ball handlers now than we did in last year's title game, so that should help.

Reaction Score

Gee..........for a UConn fan you sure don't have much faith in your team.............Syracuse had a more dominant team last year and exactly what happened when these two teams met? Does Syracuse have a shooter's chance of winning against UConn..................absolutely................the last time I checked Massey it was around 5%................I'm a real pessimist so I'll say 20%...........there's a reason Syracuse depends on their three point shooting, perhaps it's that they have a pretty average half court offense at best...........same goes for their vaunted full court press...........why do they use it all game long? Maybe because their half court defense isn't anything to write home about...............well coached teams smile when they see a pressing team...............it is really easy to break that press for a wide open look with only 2-4 passes..........sure they may turn you over a few times but ultimately if your team performs properly you should have a pretty easy game

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Not ISU day!!! SYR is blowing them out!!! 60-40 near the end of the 3rd Q.

Well Cuse had a 25 point lead after the first quarter so they really haven't built on anything. ISU let themselves get too far behind.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That absolutely are doing that. Except it's more like "state" coverage. The entire states of CA and NM are getting the Stanford game in its entirety...

Women's NCAA tournament coverage maps

That's good for California. Here in Washington I wouldn't mind seeing the Stanford game in it's entirety. I'm sure UW's game will be showed beginning to end in Washington, but I'll be at the game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And if there so worried about money and UCONN doesn't make it to Bridgeport they will still get a turn out with New York not to far away!! Trust me the committee knew what they were doing... South Carolina gets a cupcake walk to the final four really? UCONN has the toughest region and a region full of talent. If they get by Syracuse and that's a big if.... They will have to beat UCLA and most likely Maryland.... The season has been amazing but it comes to a end Monday night!! I see Syracuse making it to the final four!!!

whisk.jpg

Reaction Score
Syracuse will hit 20 3's Monday night!! I'm telling u ... The streak and UCONN run ends!! The committee is smiling now!! There plan is working ... Last year we had the big 3. We are not as good as last year... Syracuse brings back 10 players from last years title game. To beat UCONN u need to rain 3's and turn over the huskies and score with them. Syracuse wants pay back from last years title loss.... Syracuse will win Monday night. In today's world people get jealous and when your good they will do anything they can to take u down.... New England Patriots!! The committee is sketchy and I'm surprised GENO or anyone in the basketball world didn't come out and call out the committee. Sorry UCONN nation the season ends Monday!!!

Reaction Score
That's good for California. Here in Washington I wouldn't mind seeing the Stanford game in it's entirety. I'm sure UW's game will be showed beginning to end in Washington, but I'll be at the game.
That is possible too in WA too - ESPN3

Reaction Score
Syracuse will hit 20 3's Monday night!! I'm telling u ... The streak and UCONN run ends!! The committee is smiling now!! There plan is working ... Last year we had the big 3. We are not as good as last year... Syracuse brings back 10 players from last years title game. To beat UCONN u need to rain 3's and turn over the huskies and score with them. Syracuse wants pay back from last years title loss.... Syracuse will win Monday night. In today's world people get jealous and when your good they will do anything they can to take u down.... New England Patriots!! The committee is sketchy and I'm surprised GENO or anyone in the basketball world didn't come out and call out the committee. Sorry UCONN nation the season ends Monday!!!

These types of conspiracy theories are irrelevant to UConn and Geno. There is no fix. UConn plays to win, no matter the opponent.

Reaction Score
These types of conspiracy theories are irrelevant to UConn and Geno. There is no fix. UConn plays to win, no matter the opponent.
Come talk to me Monday when Syracuse ends uconn's run!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom