Syracuse / Iowa State thread. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse / Iowa State thread.

Reaction Score
Let's hope they use all those 3s up before they get to us. I am more concerned about their press. We can sometimes turn it over a bit vs a press.

If we lose, it's going to be because we can't defend, not because we can't score. Geno has said as much -- thank God this team can score, because the defense is not what it has been in years past.

We have ballhandlers at every position, and Dangerfield has come on lately. The press won't be why we have problems with Syracuse. This will be a Sweet 16 caliber game in the 2nd round.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Syracuse is doing all of this w/ minimal involvement from their leading scorer Peterson. 41-14, Sykes has 19.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sykes looks the real deal. How is she not in the top 20 lists.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I've never even heard of Cooper before. She now has 15 points in less than 6 minutes. 22-6 Syracuse, only one 2 point FG has been made combined by both teams. Strange game.
Cooper is a freshman and has started for them all year. She shoots a lot of 3's but usually doesn't make a lot of them. That hasn't been the case in this game.

This game has unfolded as the prototype Syracuse game. This is exactly how they went on their run last year. They are certainly a dangerous team, with the way they press, turn teams over, and shoot 3's.

Reaction Score
As Geno said in his presser, both these teams are all about the 3. Cuse is getting a lot of open shots off defensive transition because Iowa State is so slow and can't handle the cuse D. That won't be the case on Monday.

Reaction Score
This game has unfolded as the prototype Syracuse game. This is exactly how they went on their run last year. They are certainly a dangerous team, with the way they press, turn teams over, and shoot 3's.

Yup. And everyone knows that. Including the committee. Even if we beat them by 30 they didn't deserve this draw and we certainly didn't either.

Reaction Score
Everyone jumped on me when the seedings came out!! The number overall seed gets the toughest region and path to the final four!! If Syracuse comes out Monday night like they are now... uconn's magical run ends!! The committee wanted nothing more then see UCONN lose before final four!! Everyone is sick and tired of UCONN period!!! UCONN might not even make it to Bridgeport!!!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Everyone jumped on me when the seedings came out!! The number overall seed gets the toughest region and path to the final four!! If Syracuse comes out Monday night uconn's magical run ends!! The committee wanted nothing more then see UCONN lose before final four!! Everyone is sick and tired of UCONN period!!! UCONN might not even make it to Bridgeport!!!

We're doomed!

Reaction Score
I would love to see how you know it's deliberate.

Pretty naive take. Cuse was considered a 6 seed by most analysts. The P5 never gets screwed unless there's something else going on.

The Committee clearly wanted to manufacture a matchup that was interesting (championship rematch) and excessively challenging to the current dominant program. It absolutely was intentional.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If it makes anyone feel any better, defending men's National Champ and #1 overall seed Villanova also got a pretty ludicrous seeding having to face a badly underseeded Wisconsin team in the 2nd round.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So Syracuse is not only a #8 seed, but the worst #8 seed? What a joke! Syracuse should have been a 6 seed at worst.
Syracuse was almost certainly a true #7 seed and moved to the #8 line for the geographical matchup. The committee did the same thing all over the bracket.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If they have to switch games, why not go to the Stanford game which looks like a possible upset. Head bang
Down 23 to 20 end of Q1

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ESPN is doing wrap around now. Appears Syracuse has stopped scoring but Iowa St. isn't chipping away at the lead much. 43-22 w/ 2:15 til halftime.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If they have to switch games, why not go to the Stanford game which looks like a possible upset. Head bang
Down 23 to 20 end of Q1

ESPN doesn't have a clue. All their feeds and they have only 1 game at a time on - Baloney. It would be different if they had something interesting and/or popular on the other channels.

Reaction Score
The committee loaded our bracket with team that can score and can shoot. Even screwed teams out of their rightful seeds to do so. Do not think for one second it was an accident.
Beating a dead horse next one up and move on no whining in WBB

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
ESPN is doing wrap around now. Appears Syracuse has stopped scoring but Iowa St. isn't chipping away at the lead much. 43-22 w/ 2:15 til halftime.
Not much wrapping. :mad:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Doesn't ESPN have the capability of providing coverage based on regional interest? All else being equal I'd rather be watching Stanford than any of these other games.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I would love to see how you know it's deliberate.

They admit it, supposedly for geographic reasons to increase attendance, if you choose to believe that horsepucky. They've got other agendas. Geography is a convenient cover story.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Syracuse is a borderline top 25 team with no post defense playing against an undertalented team that lacks the post play to exploit that weakness. Iowa State might not be a top 40 team this year.

I agree Syracuse is slightly underseeded (as much as UGA was overseeded a couple of years back), but the panic and hyperbole in this thread is ridiculous. Syracuse has lost by double digits to many teams not nearly as good as UConn is (DePaul, Duke twice, FSU although the noles are obviously strong) and plays terribly vs. teams they cannot outathlete. We are more than fine in this match-up.

I am pissed at the NCAA for making UMD the 3 seed in our region, don't get me wrong! But there is a reason why Syracuse did not get the seed they were looking for...they needed to play better in big games.

Reaction Score
Syracuse was almost certainly a true #7 seed and moved to the #8 line for the geographical matchup. The committee did the same thing all over the bracket.

How do you think the #21/#22 ranked team in the country out of one of the toughest conferences in the country is a true #7? They could have easily been a #5 seed.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
So Syracuse is not only a #8 seed, but the worst #8 seed? What a joke! Syracuse should have been a 6 seed at worst.
Meanwhile Tennessee is a 5 seed... other 8 seeds:

LSU
ASU
Green Bay

I'm not so sure they are the worst of those, but hey I don't get paid the big bucks to decide these things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom