Syracuse/GT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse/GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw the entire Georgetown game. WHATAGAME!!!!!!!! I'm hoping GT makes it to the NCAAs this year.

...and s'cuse? I don't waste my time on them. just found out they lost. "New York's college team" free falling. muahaha. God I hate those suckers from upstate. Imagine how much more I would hate them if actually wasn't from NYC!!!

Reaction Score
I'll be a contrarian - they were missing Grant, who gives them some pretty consistent post scoring. He didn't play much in the second half against Virginia either. I'm not dancing on their grave until someone knocks them out of the big dance. People were probably dancing on ours in 2011 when Notre Dame beat us on Senior Day and forced us into playing on Big East Afterthought Tuesday.

Their best chance was probably last year with MCW at the top of the zone, but they have a chance to regroup this year in the postseason.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
I'll be a contrarian - they were missing Grant, who gives them some pretty consistent post scoring. He didn't play much in the second half against Virginia either. I'm not dancing on their grave until someone knocks them out of the big dance. People were probably dancing on ours in 2011 when Notre Dame beat us on Senior Day and forced us into playing on Big East Afterthought Tuesday. Their best chance was probably last year with MCW at the top of the zone, but they have a chance to regroup this year in the postseason.

I don't know. They've lost their pluckiness and grit.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'll be a contrarian - they were missing Grant, who gives them some pretty consistent post scoring. He didn't play much in the second half against Virginia either. I'm not dancing on their grave until someone knocks them out of the big dance. People were probably dancing on ours in 2011 when Notre Dame beat us on Senior Day and forced us into playing on Big East Afterthought Tuesday.

Their best chance was probably last year with MCW at the top of the zone, but they have a chance to regroup this year in the postseason.
Usually I like your posts - but shut up - let us revel!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Syracuse reminds me of that kid who was 5'4" in elementary school that made fun of everyone. Then he never grew another inch in his life and went to pursue a career in the circus so he could wear those hideous orange pants.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Remember the mojo. You say a team is dead and buried with 5 minutes to go, and they may just come back and win. Same applies to seasons. It's like micromojo and macromojo, if you will.
Point taken. Actually I don't really dislike Cuse at all. I still remember leaving work early to get home to watch UConn vs Cuse in the 90s and early 2000s. It was always a huge game.

I just dislike their fans who are ridiculous so no pain can be enough for them.

Reaction Score
In other news: PC play their hearts out against Marquette. Anyone watching. That's a great game right there!!!

59-56 Prov with 25 seconds left

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
In other news: PC play their hearts out against Marquette. Anyone watching. That's a great game right there!!!

59-56 Prov with 25 seconds left

I have never read a post from you that was not Catholic-7 related. What gives?

Reaction Score
Untitled_zpscbab6d60.png

Reaction Score
I have never read a post from you that was not Catholic-7 related. What gives?

LOL. my bad. I'm feeling like ya getting pissed about that. I do enjoy watching the Big East basketball. wont deny that but I'll keep my Big East post to myself...

Reaction Score
LOL. my bad. I'm feeling like ya getting pissed about that. I do enjoy watching the Big East basketball. wont deny that but I'll keep my Big East post to myself...

It was just a question.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
found on Syracuse's chat:

OrangeDWStarter
Connecticut's 2011 team showed that teams that suck can win the championship. They give us all hope(because almost everybody sucks).

Reaction Score
Untitled2_zpse3fe0a61.png

Sure, and I found this in one of their threads.

They're a loser program with a bunch of loser fans. They're all so amazingly delirious that in their mind, this season is already a resounding success and, indeed, even magical. Magical!

You know, I've got some magical for you right here.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
F Quse; They aren't winning a damn thing. 1 trick pony title having Losersss

Reaction Score
Untitled2_zpse3fe0a61.png

Sure, and I found this in one of their threads.

They're a loser program with a bunch of loser fans. They're all so amazingly delirious that in their mind, this season is already a resounding success and, indeed, even magical. Magical!

You know, I've got some magical for you right here.

Look how much smaller Giffey was 4 years ago.

Reaction Score
It's kind of hard to believe that a team that was 25-0 would end up being out of the regular season conference championship race with 2 games to go.

Reaction Score
JB is not a good game coach and never has been. The famous zone can be trouble but it also limits SU's ability to adjust when a man to man or some type of box and one might do the trick. JB can get some physically good players to go to SU but most of them don't appear to be the brightest bulbs on the court either and they can often break down when challenged, either by a smarter team or one that has simply been playing unconscious. It is no accident that JB only has one NCAA championship. He'll never see another, even this year.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
While I was at The Pete last night, I noticed they have two Helms Championship banners hanging. I found it odd that I've never heard anyone from Pitt mention those, while those from certain other schools do. In fact, I had to tell my wife, who's a double Pitt grad and ardent fan, what those banners were.

Reaction Score
It won't get any easier for Syracuse as they play in Tallahassee Saturday against an FSU team fighting for their tournament lives. Then, they look at a potential semi-final battle with Duke in the ACC Tournament.

Even when Syracuse was undefeated, they didn't have the statistical portrait of a championship team, and they were winning close games at an unsustainable rate. They're down to 14th on kenpom. I really have to question Boeheim's refusal to develop depth throughout the season. He pretty much shortened his rotation to seven guys a while ago, and that really leaves no margin for error when a guy like Grant goes down. Who knows if he'll be 100% again this year? With Grant hurt, and Cooney in an awful funk, they've basically become a two man team.

I'm with gurleyman, though, in that it's way too early to count them out. If Grant returns and Cooney begins shooting the ball well again, there isn't anybody I'd say is much better.

Reaction Score
found on Syracuse's chat:

OrangeDWStarter
Connecticut's 2011 team showed that teams that suck can win the championship. They give us all hope(because almost everybody sucks).

The second best part of winning it all in 2011 besides, you know, winning it all, is exactly this - dozens of idiot fanbases across the country every year convincing themselves that their team really isn't as bad as they've been playing in the regular season and, just like our 2011 team, they're sleeping giants just waiting to be unleashed during the tournament. Such a joke. If you're a fan of another team and you're getting all jacked up to talk yourself into your team being this year's version of 2011 UConn, take a deep breath, eye yourself up in the mirror and ask the lunatic staring back at you -

Is your team led the cluchest dude to to ever ball room dance his way to the hardwood aka keep that award and hang in it your parent's den Jimmer look what I got instead aka he's taking Gary McGhee's soul like he's Shang Tsung aka every foot and ankle doctor's wet dream aka Cardiac Kemba doin it again?

No?

Then forget about it. Better luck next year.

Reaction Score
Hard for me not to read this without giggling like Ron Swanson:

Cuse slump reaches new lows

Interesting UConn tidbit in there too:

Tuesday’s loss to Georgia Tech gave the Orange back-to-back home losses against teams that entered the game under .500 for the first time since January 1968 when it lost to Connecticut (5-7) and Niagara (7-8).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom