Syracuse and Pitt APPLY for ACC membership | The Boneyard

Syracuse and Pitt APPLY for ACC membership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Taken from other post. Obviously you apply after the talks are satisfactory. One isn't going to apply to get rejected.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. –The Atlantic Coast Conference has received letters of application from Pittsburgh and Syracuse, a high ranking league official told CBSSports.com. The ACC also has recently been contacted by 10 schools, the official said. However, they would not disclose what conferences those schools were from.

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29532522/32034930

Reaction Score
Wtf basically means Pitt and Syracuse have spoken with the ACC over the last couple of weeks, with those talks now culminating in the formal process to leave the big east. Leaving UConn on the outside looking in.

Courtesy phone for susan herbst...click

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This is when you find out if the "horde" of reporters covering uconn is worth a damn. Not a peep about possible expansion plans for us in the last 6 months from anyone. I find it hard to believe everyone at the school is blindsided by this news.

Reaction Score
Not me. Herbst is new. Jeff gone. I hope that UConn's silence (contrast with Luck at WVU, pitt, even RU) doesn't mean UConn's interests haven't been protected...

I'm afraid that there are those that actually are waiting on...marinatto. If you recall pendergast was quoted last week as sayong he's not up to speed on conference realignment issues but was expecting to meet with marinatto next week. In the meantime su and pitt bolt. There are only two slots left...

Hope is not a plan, but it sure beats relying on marinatto to protect uconn's interest. Marinatto sucks. He's in way over hos head.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Ugh if firing Hathaway backfires.
If he was the lead man on expansion plans it was a hell of a trump card he didn't seem to use.

Reaction Score
Well in light of this, I have completely forgotten about out ON field troubles. They can't really leave out THE most dominating basketball programs in the country, can they?

Reaction Score
We get to see what Herbst is all about real quick. No pressure Madame President, now go out and make it rain.

Reaction Score
It's about time that someone did something and forced a move. If this is true then it just shows how pathetically delusional and misguided the league office is - - when you sit on your hands this is what happens to you. I pay we end up in the b10. If not there, I don't care.

Reaction Score
I am officially nervous about UCONN's prospect of joining one of the super conferences. Ugh. Would hop Herbst is doing talking behind the scenes. ACC would make the most sense, but no link at all.

Reaction Score
Can't blame Syracuse and Pitt. Just ticked off that we weren't the first ones to try to jump.

Reaction Score
Noy that jeff being there would have made too much difference, he didn't have the balls or foresight to look out for uconn in a cutthroat way. It's more the void of a strong leader. I do not know herbst personally, although from those that do she has a reputation of killing you with honey and a smile...a great great leader. I'm just hoping that our passivity on this issue can be overcome.

For those who are worried aboyt BC blocking us...we have more of an advocate in the U and Duke than an enemy in BC.
Ugh if firing Hathaway backfires.

Reaction Score
If he was the lead man on expansion plans it was a hell of a trump card he didn't seem to use.

Well, he somehow finagled his way onto the NCAA selection committee. He obviously knew his AD cohort in key places.

Reaction Score
if all this is true & comes to pass, it disgusts me

why does the northeast feel the need to genuflect toward the southeast?

markets & traditional rivalries should mean that enough interest (& thereby $'s from next TV contract) coulda-woulda-shoulda made the BIG east viable going forward

Cuse & Pitt getting weak in the knees to become subservient to the Pukies & Tar Heels is no way to live.

bring on UCF!!!!!!

ugh...

Reaction Score
Not that it means anything, but Big Lew was at the game last night. Any ideas why?

Reaction Score
Trojan, what this really means and shouldn't b e surprising is that the northeast tv markets don't bring college football viewers. Looks like a mix of the remaining BE and B12 programs which will force the hoops/football split and actually is an upgrade football wise.

Reaction Score
If you think that the leftover big east/big 12 is an upgrade, you're wrong. One of mizzou or ku, and wvu will not be in it. Long term 64 team superconference dictates games that matter. Uconn will be on the outside looking in, its face sooty, hair bedraggled, eyes melancholy all the while its grimy palm pressed up against the window, its ears catching a sound here and tgere of clinking of china and merriment.

Trojan, what this really means and shouldn't b e surprising is that the northeast tv markets don't bring college football viewers. Looks like a mix of the remaining BE and B12 programs which will force the hoops/football split and actually is an upgrade football wise.

Reaction Score
Really? Mizzou's been trying to move for three years now but to no avail.

I don't share your pessimistic viewpoint. Frankly, anything was better. Then the do nothing and wait to get stance coming from providence. Let the chips fall where they may...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom