Syracuse and Pitt APPLY for ACC membership | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse and Pitt APPLY for ACC membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm sure BC has most likely indicated that they do not want Uconn in the ACC and wouldn't vote for them.

I'll add that weakening Uconn in basketball would also be a goal for the ACC.

FYI, Pitt was a plaintiff on that lawsuit too. I guess the ACC got over it there.

Reaction Score
As would wrakening UConn in football, too. For SU especially.
I'm sure BC has most likely indicated that they do not want Uconn in the ACC and wouldn't vote for them.

I'll add that weakening Uconn in basketball would also be a goal for the ACC.

Reaction Score
The ACC would have to want Texas and allow their Network

Reaction Score
Just have to hope the magic # is 16. UConn and RU to the ACC along with Pitt and Cuse. WVU, Mizzou, and maybe L'Ville to the SEC. If the magic # is 14 it would be the death blow to our athletic department. 14 more than likely would mean WVU to the SEC and Mizzou and RU to the Big 10...at which point we would be .

Reaction Score
10 teams applied. The only names that are out are Pitt and Cuse.

Who says UConn didn't try to apply? Just sayin...

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Where has it been stated that 10 teams applied? I have seen it say that 10 teams have contacted the ACC and have had discussions. But I have only seen that Pitt and Syracuse have actually applied. Correct me if I am wrong...but I have not seen that 10 teams have APPLIED anywhere.

Reaction Score

No one applies unless admittance is assured

Reaction Score
Someone in the know....

Please, please tell me Herbst did not leave us without a D-1 Athletic Director the day the music stopped.

Reaction Score
Where has it been stated that 10 teams applied? I have seen it say that 10 teams have contacted the ACC and have had discussions. But I have only seen that Pitt and Syracuse have actually applied. Correct me if I am wrong...but I have not seen that 10 teams have APPLIED anywhere.

This is correct.

Hopefully the news will be stagered. Pitt and Cuse announced first. UConn and RU sometime next week along with WVU to the SEC.

Reaction Score
OK...my bad. 10 haven't applied. 10 have approached. Who knows, UConn could have very well been on that list. My point remains valid.

Reaction Score
If its all shaking out, I'd like to see a school like Louisville find a secure home. They've been very good for the league all around. I'd be more concerned for them than USF or Cincy.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is what happens when you leave minor league commissioner in Providence who seems to be five steps behind always. The Big East football should have broken away from the damn Seton Hall's and DePaul's of the world. Instead they made a play for Villanova and now watch Pitt and Syracuse bolt for the ACC.

Reaction Score
Someone in the know....

Please, please tell me Herbst did not leave us without a D-1 Athletic Director the day the music stopped.

You and I knew that this was possibly going down...do you really think Herbst didn't? Having an AD or not wouldn't make a difference. Ultimately it is the President and a board who make the decision to move or not. I am sure we've been talking to the ACC just like everyone else in the Big East. The question is did they choose us? I would be shocked if they turned UConn and RU down. It just wouldn't make sense. Why would ESPN be willing to lose eyeballs in NJ and New England. Even if the views aren't great now...the potential in New England and NJ/NYC is far to good to pass up. UConn, Cuse, RU and BCU combined is a good thing for ESPN and the ACC.

Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself but it seems to make too much sense.

Reaction Score
UConn, Cuse, RU and BCU combined is a good thing for ESPN and the ACC.

Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself but it seems to make too much sense.

I'm with you on this. That wraps up all the major programs in NE and media markets of NYC and Boston. They'd have BosWash (except, I guess, Philadelphia), and that's the most logical thing to lock up.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
Is this too obvious?

ACC NORTH:
Boston College
Syracuse
Connecticut
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Maryland
Virginia
Virginia Tech

ACC SOUTH:
Miami
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Clemson
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Wake Forest

Reaction Score
FYI, Pitt was a plaintiff on that lawsuit too. I guess the ACC got over it there.
I think the point is less about the lawsuit and more about GDF being worried that we're going to leave them in the dust.

Reaction Score
Is this too obvious?

ACC NORTH:
Boston College
Syracuse
Connecticut
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Maryland
Virginia
Virginia Tech

ACC SOUTH:
Miami
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Clemson
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Wake Forest

What's sad about that list is how many of those schools were BE. It would be almost a 50-50 split.

Reaction Score
Is this too obvious?

ACC NORTH:
Boston College
Syracuse
Connecticut
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Maryland
Virginia
Virginia Tech

ACC SOUTH:
Miami
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Clemson
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Wake Forest

It really is. UConn as a Bball brand (and population) and RU as a heavily populated state and recruiting ground.

I also think that WVU to the SEC makes a ton of sense as a brand and partner/rival for UK in the North.

Reaction Score
What's sad about that list is how many of those schools were BE. It would be almost a 50-50 split.

The blame for that would be the bball alliance that was doomed the day football starting driving the bus.

Reaction Score
Is this too obvious?

ACC NORTH:
Boston College
Syracuse
Connecticut
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Maryland
Virginia
Virginia Tech

ACC SOUTH:
Miami
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Clemson
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Wake Forest

Make it happen.

Reaction Score
Not to be debbie downer, but the ACC is unobtainable at this point. UConn had no contact with the ACC. It was pitt, su, wv, ku, kstate, tx, baylor, iowa state, mizzou.

Herbst has not had one realignment meeting about uconn's options. They deferred to marinate. Nothing.

As the uconn hire of JC played such an important part of where uconn is today, the inaction of uconn will be looked upon 25 years from now as the opposite.

Make it happen.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Not to be debbie downer, but the ACC is unobtainable at this point. UConn had no contact with the ACC. It was pitt, su, wv, ku, kstate, tx, baylor, iowa state, mizzou.

Herbst has not had one realignment meeting about uconn's options. They deferred to marinate. Nothing.

As the uconn hire of JC played such an important part of where uconn is today, the inaction of uconn will be looked upon 25 years from now as the opposite.

Do you know that as fact, or are you just making that up? How do you have any idea if Herbst has had any discussions or meeting with other conferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom