Sweet Sixteen 3/24 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Sweet Sixteen 3/24

Reaction Score
It's very impressive what they have accomplished so far.

I wonder what Danny H thinks given him being from Jersey City and ex Seton Hall guard star running the show......
I don't bet on sports as a rule because I'm really bad at it but I told several people last night to put down money on St. Peter's covering. I was worried about them trying to guard Edey but I knew Purdue wouldn't beat them from the perimeter. St. Peter's defense is just too good for that. I'm not going to be a creature of the moment and say Holloway is the best coach or anything but his coaching in this tournament is unbelievable.

Hurley must be loving it, his dad went to St. Peter's Prep and St. Peter's College.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I effiing hate Kansas. Is it weird? They pay players with impunity while UConn was banished from the tourney for a year for an arcane rule that nobody understood that was targeted specifically at UConn and was ex-post facto and double jeopardy(sorry not a lawyer).

Them and Carolina and Duke with Corey Maggette all the same while we get f-d. I hate them all

Not weird at all.

Zion turned down like a house from Kansas….but obviously volunteered to play at duke for free….

Reaction Score
Bummer they didn't win, they had their chances but it just wasn't their night.

I have to say the Providence fans showed out in Chicago. I got to the Providence fanfest meet up at the Ogden bar at 4 and there must've been 1,000 PC fans in there. Just wall to wall and everyone was loud. There was easily a line of 100 people waiting to get in when I came outside to meet my friends and someone from the bar had to tell everyone they were already breaking all the fire codes and nobody else was allowed in. We ended up at the Billy Goat which was a majority Providence fans and once again they were loud and constantly doing chants. I kept telling my friends this is deceiving because once you get into the arena it will be all Kansas fans. A ton of Kansas fans live in this city and that fanbase travels like crazy. They said it was probably 65% Kansas 35% Providence inside and PC fans were definitely the loudest. We also talked to a Canadian guy last night at the bard who flew in for the games and he said the Providrnce fans were crazy and well lubricated early in the day.

Funny aside. On my friend's flight the guy sitting next to him asked him if he's going to the game because my buddy was decked out in Providence gear. He says yes and the guy says he's going too and he's friends with the coach. My buddy asks you know Ed Cooley? When they landed in Chicago the guy texts a picture of the two of them to Ed Cooley and he texts right back and tells them he expects them to make a lot of noise tonight.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Didn't it take ten years just for John Linehan to graduate? Sure felt like it.

Reaction Score
Is RI more of a URI or Providence state? Or it depends on who's hot at the time?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom