Sweet 16 Watch Party? | The Boneyard

Sweet 16 Watch Party?

Reaction Score
I’ll be in Connecticut again for work for the sweet 16 game Thursday, any recommendations on a sports bar perhaps or somewhere I should go to watch it that’ll be packed with loud husky fans?

Reaction Score
I’ll be in Connecticut again for work for the sweet 16 game Thursday, any recommendations on a sports bar perhaps or somewhere I should go to watch it that’ll be packed with loud husky fans?
Where in CT?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think there's an alumni thing at a bar but I forget which - will find it. No need to be an alum if you're not.

Reaction Score
1679409471693.png

Kinsmen in Southington is fun

Reaction Score
I'm going to be in Los Angeles. Anything planned out there?

Might want to check Marc D'Amelio's twitter/IG feed. I imagine he will be hosting something

Reaction Score
Legends is awful based on what they had going in the first round. Audio rankings for game:

1. Game with sound
2. Game with no sound
Last. Game with Irish band playing
This was on St. Paddy's day to be fair. I wonder what it was like Sunday because I'm thinking of going Thursday.

Reaction Score
This was on St. Paddy's day to be fair. I wonder what it was like Sunday because I'm thinking of going Thursday.
I think we all understood the day and if they wanted to play before, during halftime, or after everyone would’ve been happy.

Does not take away that it was a bozo move from legends so can’t go back there. Next fall when football is playing BC are they going to play monster mash all game?

Reaction Score
Legends is awful based on what they had going in the first round. Audio rankings for game:

1. Game with sound
2. Game with no sound
Last. Game with Irish band playing
There was game sound on in mezzanine. Not ideal that UConn played on St. Patty's day back to back years but they accommodated as best they could given circumstances.

Won't be an issue on Thursday.

Reaction Score
There was game sound on in mezzanine. Not ideal that UConn played on St. Patty's day back to back years but they accommodated as best they could given circumstances.

Won't be an issue on Thursday.
I liked when they had the watch party in the basement last year. Bigger screens

Reaction Score
Chicago Sams in Cromwell is right down the street.

Went to Albany Friday, and stayed put Sunday. My group is 0-3 while game watching at Sliders for BEast and ncaa the last couple of years so I didn’t want to test the mojo God’s again and thus settled for Chicago Sams for the first time in maybe 7 years. Game watching was okay, loud fans but the crowd couldn’t even get the UConn chants right and it was like 5x at least. Got a bit annoying considering it’s the easiest chant going and if you don’t know it, don’t lead it, or so you’d think..

Food was god awful but probably not a deal breaker if you just want to drink and watch. Frozen pub cheese for the pretzel, trash nachos, $14 for 8 wings; and waitress very kindly and proactively warned to stay clear from the chili which was being sent back all night long she said. $24 bud light tower was good and we picked up a win at least.

Anyone been to tap house 150? It’s closed on Sundays google said which seems like an incredibly dumb move for a sports bar, but was thinking they might be worth a go on Thursday?

Reaction Score
BWW’s in Wethersfield or Chicago Sam’s in Cromwell should be good. I’m thinking about either option myself. Celtic Cavern in Middletown is much tighter space but has several tvs as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom