Sweet 16 Watch Party? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sweet 16 Watch Party?

Reaction Score
BWW’s in Wethersfield or Chicago Sam’s in Cromwell should be good. I’m thinking about either option myself. Celtic Cavern in Middletown is much tighter space but has several tvs as well.
Went to Albany Friday, and stayed put Sunday. My group is 0-3 while game watching at Sliders for BEast and ncaa the last couple of years so I didn’t want to test the mojo God’s again and thus settled for Chicago Sams for the first time in maybe 7 years. Game watching was okay, loud fans but the crowd couldn’t even get the UConn chants right and it was like 5x at least. Got a bit annoying considering it’s the easiest chant going and if you don’t know it, don’t lead it, or so you’d think..

Food was god awful but probably not a deal breaker if you just want to drink and watch. Frozen pub cheese for the pretzel, trash nachos, $14 for 8 wings; and waitress very kindly and proactively warned to stay clear from the chili which was being sent back all night long she said. $24 bud light tower was good and we picked up a win at least.

Anyone been to tap house 150? It’s closed on Sundays google said which seems like an incredibly dumb move for a sports bar, but was thinking they might be worth a go on Thursday?

I was thinking Chicago Sam’s but this review from @UConn Do It4 isnt great

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Not ideal that UConn played on St. Patty's day back to back years but they accommodated as best they could given circumstances.
Here's a hint for any future tournament game that falls on St Patty's day in the future (hopefully many). I scouted out a Mexican place in Norwalk with a ton of TV's, FfldCountyFan & I watched the game there, with volume, and no distracting holiday shenanigans other than our post-game celebration shot of Jamisons. I can't imagine what watching the game at O'Neills or Bobby V's would have been like.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Yes, I'm going to be pacing around my living room and then cycling through the TVs in the house until I find the right one to get the W.
This is the proper way to watch a big game. Where clothing can be changed as quickly and often as the game may require.

Reaction Score
Went to Albany Friday, and stayed put Sunday. My group is 0-3 while game watching at Sliders for BEast and ncaa the last couple of years so I didn’t want to test the mojo God’s again and thus settled for Chicago Sams for the first time in maybe 7 years. Game watching was okay, loud fans but the crowd couldn’t even get the UConn chants right and it was like 5x at least. Got a bit annoying considering it’s the easiest chant going and if you don’t know it, don’t lead it, or so you’d think..

Food was god awful but probably not a deal breaker if you just want to drink and watch. Frozen pub cheese for the pretzel, trash nachos, $14 for 8 wings; and waitress very kindly and proactively warned to stay clear from the chili which was being sent back all night long she said. $24 bud light tower was good and we picked up a win at least.

Anyone been to tap house 150? It’s closed on Sundays google said which seems like an incredibly dumb move for a sports bar, but was thinking they might be worth a go on Thursday?
Interesting, thanks for the review. I have a soft spot for the place because I was there for the 99 NC game, which was bananas.

Reaction Score
Here's a hint for any future tournament game that falls on St Patty's day in the future (hopefully many). I scouted out a Mexican place in Norwalk with a ton of TV's, FfldCountyFan & I watched the game there, with volume, and no distracting holiday shenanigans other than our post-game celebration shot of Jamisons. I can't imagine what watching the game at O'Neills or Bobby V's would have been like.
El Segundo?

Reaction Score
I like Legends but they served me a Guinness in a plastic cup during the BE tournament, thats akin to a war crime.
I'm not sure what is worse, nice draft in plastic cup or Guinness out of a bottle. A local bar tried a Guinness bottle promotion for St. Patrick's Day. I pointed out their error which included a recommendation to get kegs and never received a response. It is possible that Guinness requires a different type of tap.

Reaction Score
That's funny, my wife looked at me like I was a lunatic when I asked her at halftime on Sunday what I was wearing on Friday.
My wife asked me who I was yelling at during the game. When I responded "the TV" , I received the same kind of reaction. She will never understand.

Reaction Score
How are the games at Kinsmen? I assume they have sound on. Are they on a big screen or projection or something, or just the TVs that are there?

Reaction Score

Don’t call it that. It’s known as “rookies” unless yer under 25 years old. Lololllll

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The Blind Rhino in Black Rock was excellent last night, packed with UConn fans, volume turned up, and NEBCO promotions all night. I would go back there for a game, the crowd was 30's-50's, unlike the SoNo branch which tends to be a younger crowd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom