Susan should hire Tim Pernetti as... | The Boneyard

Susan should hire Tim Pernetti as...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
...Czar of all matters relating to conference realignment for The University of Connecticut (a/k/a UCONN).

Get it done, President Herbst.

Reaction Score
There would be an epic meltdown on this board if either Sue or Warde ended up in New Brunswick/Piscataway. As there should be.

Reaction Score
Yuck. Stamford would do the trick...without the smell.

I resent this statement.

In all seriousness though, if you think Stamford can even hold a candle to Hoboken you are on crack, or have never been to Hoboken.

West Hartford would be a better spot.

This is a an aerial shot of the view from Stevens Tech, the one college in Hoboken:

birdview.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I resent this statement.

In all seriousness though, if you think Stamford can even hold a candle to Hoboken you are on crack, or have never been to Hoboken.

This is a an aerial shot of the view from Stevens Tech, the one college in Hoboken:

birdview.jpg
Hmmn so your best defense of Hoboken was a picture of the next state over?

Sorry, too easy. I like Hoboken by the way. Not a bad place to live if you are in your 20s

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I resent this statement.

birdview.jpg

Lets see the view in the other three directions? Jersey City? A crapload of freight trains? Is that a dead body floating in the river? Can't quite make it out. :)

If the University of Connecticut could magically transform its location to improve its image in the eyes of the B1G, I might suggest that a location in the state is somewhat critical, and that Fairfield County (excluding Bridgeport) would be ideal. Specifically Stamford, which has two highways and is the home of several Fortune 500 companies. I don't even like Fairfield County, but it seems pretty obvious.

Reaction Score
I challenge you to find a better view in all of CT than sitting at an outdoor table at Texas Arizona's on a beautiful Friday afternoon in May, beer in hand, and watch the incredible parade of 20&30somethings come off the PATH trains after work. New York skyline be damned.

HobokenHusky, the Stevens view is great but I'm taking mine.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
...Czar of all matters relating to conference realignment for The University of Connecticut (a/k/a UCONN).

Get it done, President Herbst.

Yeah, no kidding. How this guy sold 100 years of losing football to the B1G is beyond my comprehension. At least the Cubs could claim that they are billy goat or Steve Bartman cursed. Rutgers hasn't even gotten *that* close in 100+ years. Well, at least their basketball program is respectable. Women's basketball.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Yeah, no kidding. How this guy sold 100 years of losing football to the B1G is beyond my comprehension. At least the Cubs could claim that they are billy goat or Steve Bartman cursed. Rutgers hasn't even gotten *that* close in 100+ years. Well, at least their basketball program is respectable. Women's basketball.
All they needed to show was the DMA and how they can bring NYC and the millions of TVs in NJ. The B1G made it clear that athletic success mattered not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
He knows the process, knows what they are looking for, and I don't think he's all that toxic in this Rice mess. I really wouldn't have a problem with this.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
C'mon Mike be serious. Not that toxic? He's glowing.
Gotta say that was good. :)

Guess I'll clarify- I believe his statement in his resignation that he wanted Rice fired, but followed university policy and legal came to a different conclusion. IF that's all true... Then that's why I feel he's not nearly as toxic. If he's full of it... Well, different story.

Reaction Score
We have Warde, who has led us into the preeminent AAC conference, we're way ahead of the game and we're fortunate he isn't leaving for UT, the NFL or some other big job

Reaction Score
We have Warde, who has led us into the preeminent AAC conference, we're way ahead of the game and we're fortunate he isn't leaving for UT, the NFL or some other big job

Jeff - don't you have more important things to do @ Hofstra?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He knows the process, knows what they are looking for, and I don't think he's all that toxic in this Rice mess. I really wouldn't have a problem with this.

Please, stop.

Pernetti didn't do anything - you could have answered the phone when Delaney called just as adeptly as he did.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
We've got a mute for a President and a head football coach who's so *king dull he could make a blowjob sound bad.

That's your answer my friends. Until the local Connecticut media starts giving two shts about UConn and our current dilemma we won't get any answers from the school. Until they start digging and asking the right question we won't no . So why worry?

From now on, when I start worrying about our conference issues, I'm going to watch this. Because if this doesn't make you feel just a little bit happy then you're too far gone to save. Ignore the last 5 seconds as they predict doom.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Please, stop.

Pernetti didn't do anything - you could have answered the phone when Delaney called just as adeptly as he did.
You can stop waving your cane, I fully realize this is a hypothetical that will never happen. ;-)

Reaction Score
Nope.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9133038&src=desktop&wjb

The Big Ten call consumed Pernetti

Throughout October and November, Pernetti was busy attempting to seal the deal to get Rutgers into the Big Ten. It was a frantic and all-consuming process; according to some reports, Pernetti and Delany, the Big Ten commissioner, spoke nearly every day.

Please, stop.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nope.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=9133038&src=desktop&wjb

The Big Ten call consumed Pernetti. Throughout October and November, Pernetti was busy attempting to seal the deal to get Rutgers into the Big Ten. It was a frantic and all-consuming process; according to some reports, Pernetti and Delany, the Big Ten commissioner, spoke nearly every day.

Sure.

Like I said, he just had to answer the phone and make sure the university didn't fly up in the air and land in a less populated state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom