Susan Herbst to appear on WTIC Sportstalk... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Susan Herbst to appear on WTIC Sportstalk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
she says she is trying to stay off "hater blogs"

Reaction Score
New years resolution is to stay off blogs. lasted a couple hours

Reaction Score
Wants to build lacrosse once there is some $$ for it

Reaction Score
Realize she can't say much but talking down to people like this (like us) is a fail IMO. I think she would be well served not use to the words "Big East" any more . . . How about "people are worried where UConn will be. We will be competing for championships at the national level" I don't think this is how the WVU and Louisville presidents were talking when their situations were unclear

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't think this is how the WVU and Louisville presidents were talking when their situations were unclear
Our situation is not unclear. We're in the Big East for at least another year.

Reaction Score
When referencing other schools she mentioned Michigan and Wisconsin and Arizona State - B1G or PAC 12 here we come baby!!!!!

Reaction Score
"Hater Blog" was the highlight. She vowed to stay away but can't resist. I think that sums up all of us.

Reaction Score
Joe D didn't ask what she though about GDL still being on the staff and being reassigned. :)

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
When referencing other schools she mentioned Michigan and Wisconsin and Arizona State - B1G or PAC 12 here we come baby!!!!!

Yeah....regarding dorms, not Football.

Reaction Score
"Hater Blog" was the highlight. She vowed to stay away but can't resist. I think that sums up all of us.

You know that's what I thought she said but wasn't quite sure. Very poor choice of words. Most people here want UConn to compete at the highest level. Calling people "haters" because we think our leadership isn't doing everything in their power to achieve that isn't cool. Turn your guns on Jim Delany, etc. Sue, not the ppl paying your salary.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The WTIC hosts commonly call message boards "blogs" because they can't be bothered to learn the distinction. I suspect the Yard is a hater blog in her mind. Full of haters that love to hate, not winners that like to win.

Reaction Score
There is always going to be more negative than positive talk in a message board like this simply because in sports there can only be one champion and everyone else is a loser.

It's no different than people complaining about the news being too negative, that's just the nature of news stories. If somebody makes it to work on time its not going to be on the 6 o'clock news, if they die on the way to work its a news story.

It's nice to know that Susan visits us, take it and run.

Reaction Score
You know that's what I thought she said but wasn't quite sure. Very poor choice of words. Most people here want UConn to compete at the highest level. Calling people "haters" because we think our leadership isn't doing everything in their power to achieve that isn't cool. Turn your guns on Jim Delany, etc. Sue, not the ppl paying your salary.

Maybe she is saying that she is playing chess while the rest of us down here think it is checkers. And if you don't think this place has turned into the HaterYard...

Reaction Score
This place has been real ugly for a while now. We don't talk about how we'll fare against the new comers. It's all "the coaches suck!", "the conference sucks!", "the school administrators suck!", "the stadium sucks!", "life sucks!".... geez guys(and gals) lets move on from the bad vibes already. How about we start a new thread about the new improved Big East and what the new schools bring to the table not only in football and basketball but in Olympic sports and TV market wise. I mean I'll be doing standing back flips with everyone else if a B1G invite ever comes along but in the mean time lets get behind this new Big East and show everyone that if you stay positive you actually can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear(utilizing all this bio-tech that will be rolling into the state at any moment ;)).

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This place has been real ugly for a while now. We don't talk about how we'll fare against the new comers. It's all "the coaches suck!", "the conference sucks!", "the school administrators suck!", "the stadium sucks!", "life sucks!".... geez guys(and gals) lets move on from the bad vibes already. How about we start a new thread about the new improved Big East and what the new schools bring to the table not only in football and basketball but in Olympic sports and TV market wise. I mean I'll be doing standing back flips with everyone else if a B1G invite ever comes along but in the mean time lets get behind this new Big East and show everyone that if you stay positive you actually can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear(utilizing all this bio-tech that will be rolling into the state at any moment ;)).

The problem is; if you start that thread, you will get crushed within three posts. I'm willing to put money on it...

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I'll help Dan.... Hey weyuo....WGAFF about "olympic sports" ?? Can we beat ECU at table tennis?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wow. Weyou, it happened on posts #1 and #2....without even starting the thread!!! Impressive...

Reaction Score
Maybe she is saying that she is playing chess while the rest of us down here think it is checkers. And if you don't think this place has turned into the HaterYard...

We're sitting here with $150-million-plus of football infrastructure with a $30 million hoop facility about to come on line and we are supposed to smile and settle for playing Navy and Tulsa in the new Division I-AA? GTFOOH. Jacobs wrote a while back about Calhoun/Geno taking a fighting approach, not this accept Conference USA and smile or else you're a miserable b*st**d approach. I'd rather be a miserable b*st**d like Calhoun and come out a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom