Susan Herbst to appear on WTIC Sportstalk... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Susan Herbst to appear on WTIC Sportstalk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, I guess I'm not going to criticize her until I hear what she has to say

Wow -- what a shocking theory. Mind suggesting to the Congressman who raised the idea of impeaching Obama for what he might do about gun control that it might have been appropriate to actually hear what he proposed first as well?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dan this thing is going to sort itself out one way or the other in the next year. Any specific appearance Dr. Herbst makes isn't going to shake up the world because most of the decisions that will impact our long-term future are fluid and involve alot of different actors. I believe we screwed up the ACC deal but maybe it was out of our hands anyway with FSU and BC putting up a real firewall. We just have to win right now, maintain our academic standing and show value in our marketplace. And oh yeah, get GDL away from the offense. The rest can just drive you nuts.
Jim, you gotta learn you can't just politely barge in on HFD mid-rant and reply to him with a perfectly rational, reality-based argument that would appeal to UConn fans/alumni who don't read every thread on the boneyard. That * don't fly around here.

Reaction Score
Wow -- what a shocking theory. Mind suggesting to the Congressman who raised the idea of impeaching Obama for what he might do about gun control that it might have been appropriate to actually hear what he proposed first as well?
Come on, biz. You don't get elected to congress, especially form Texas, by being reasonable...

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
so u think her on the radio talking about memphis and ecu is going to sell casual fans on tickets?

do u currently work at uconn?
if the answer to that is yes, then court is over. if u say no to it, i can link u the uconn careers page so we can get u a job soon there.

Do you think your hourly tantrums makes the fan base more or less likely to buy tickets?

This site gets a lot more visitors than posters and not every visitor knows what a whiny baby you are and might take you "sky is falling" seriously.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
1. HF Dan's tantrums have ZERO impact on ticket sales (fwiw, at least 75% of his substance is spot-on, method of delivery notwithstanding).

2. Send me a banana and Add me along with whaler to the Troop of Failure Monkeys. The idea that JoeD licking the President's bottom for half hour as she sells casual fans on ECU, SMU and UCF as being elite and intriguing is a ridiculously stupid concept, even for Fishy to postulate.

3. HORRIBLE idea for President Herbst to EVER speak on Connecticut's conference situation. Best she can say is, "we remain committed to securing Connecticut's seat among the elite of college athletics as it pertains to conference affiliation", and even that rings hollow.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Do you think your hourly tantrums makes the fan base more or less likely to buy tickets?

This site gets a lot more visitors than posters and not every visitor knows what a whiny baby you are and might take you "sky is falling" seriously.

i think my hourly more like semi hourly tantrums do not effect a bunch of visitors to this site. if they car enough about uconn to lurk then then know whats up or shpe there opinion elsewhere. not around a clown like mee. i would love it, LOVE IT if my rage got less tickets sold as that would be getting the message across. but i know several here will roast me for that but thats my stance. we had fans mailing season tickets back to the office and burning them in the parkling lot of the cincy game. yea, things are going real well up here. just becuase a select hardcore thousand or so fan can see it a bit before the rest of the fanbase doesn't mean u wait to riot. get your and get to the streets.

to every signle lurler here, grow a pair and sign up. hows that? if were ever going to be a real fanbase then we need to grow in large numbers and be together somewhere where thru strenght in numbers we can help the school and the rest of the fanbase and curve attitudes and perception into one of big time here. step up! making a user name and posting once a month wastes about 1 minute and thirty seconds of your life. so give up jacking off once of the sisxty times u do each month and do something productive.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
If she talks, you peeps are mad. If she doesn't, you're mad.

Honestly, her best bet is to go on the radio and tell all you failure monkeys to duck* yourselves.

She's gonna go on the radio tomorrow and pump up this s*** storm of a conference we're in, but she ain't doing it for us - we know what it is and she knows that - she's doing it for the more casual type who might not. We need more of those duck*ers to fill seats.

That said, feel free to lose your feeble minds tomorrow night.

Dude, you have more likes than messages posted. That seems impossible.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Maybe she will annouce a new $10 per ticket price for football and basketball games considering the teams we will be playing in the NNNNNNNNNNNNNBE. :)
While I'm sure she won't... The problem of ticket pricing is a whooooole other topic across the board.

Reaction Score
Expect a thrilling explanation of how hard she and Warde lobbied the ACC while in the Virgin Islands, and how it's the fanbase that is holding us back from consideration. Even though we are winners who like to win.
I thought it was because we don't have enough talent.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
While I'm sure she won't... The problem of ticket pricing is a whooooole other topic across the board.

see now instead of being nice about it, right there u should have ranted about the issue. not exposing the issue and making it a sad story keeps the ad from having to acknowledge it as a issue. i can be a nice guy, but when the ad treats me like then i'm going to give it right back. u guys are letting them treat u like and not pushing back. :D

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dude, you have more likes than messages posted. That seems impossible.

he rigs his numbers. every other like i get goes to him. WAR!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If the latest MH ver 3 tweets are correct about UConn keeping its Olympic sports with the C7... She might have a few things to talk about.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If the latest MH ver 3 tweets are correct about UConn keeping its Olympic sports with the C7... She might have a few things to talk about.
I'm afraid rthis might be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
What does that have to do with UConn football? You want to jump on some fire arms control bandwagon do it some where else

Reaction Score
I've got the full transcript.

Joe D'Ambrosio: President Herbst thank you for coming on the show. We have time for two callers. Here's Desmond from Hartford.

Caller Desmond: Whats goin on?

President Herbst: It's an exciting time, that's for sure.

Caller Desmond: Peace.

Joe D'Ambrosio: Yes, President Herbst. Exciting times, indeed.

President Herbst: Yes, Joe. Rimming, good.

Joe D'Ambrosio: Thanks again. Here's our next caller. Dan from twitter.

Caller Dan: president herbst, admit it.uconn is so flucked its a national tragedy. we might as well go back to the old days, play rhode island, burn couches, chant a dithyramb, drink fortified wine and pray that that medicare spend down decision comes through sooner rather than later and get pasqualoni and deleone into the convalescent home

President Herbst: Thanks for last night, danny, I'm still sore, but vous etes un branleuse.

Joe D'Ambrosio: That was Susan Herbst, president of UConn. Connecticut sports, nothing finer. Good night folks.

Reaction Score
1. HF Dan's tantrums have ZERO impact on ticket sales (fwiw, at least 75% of his substance is spot-on, method of delivery notwithstanding).

2. Send me a banana and Add me along with whaler to the Troop of Failure Monkeys. The idea that JoeD licking the President's bottom for half hour as she sells casual fans on ECU, SMU and UCF as being elite and intriguing is a ridiculously stupid concept, even for Fishy to postulate.

3. HORRIBLE idea for President Herbst to EVER speak on Connecticut's conference situation. Best she can say is, "we remain committed to securing Connecticut's seat among the elite of college athletics as it pertains to conference affiliation", and even that rings hollow.
Just when I thought this discussion couldn't get much worse, we have this.

Reaction Score
Did anyone actually hear this. I missed it. Sounds as if there was no news made at least.

Reaction Score
She is basically saying suck it up and deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom