Susan Herbst to appear on WTIC Sportstalk... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Susan Herbst to appear on WTIC Sportstalk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry, but that is just about the dumbest thing I've read. The notion that folks should shell out good money for an inferior product is simply out of touch and probably the same distorted thinking coming out of Storrs. Don't expect a ground swell of support for a mediocre conference schedule, and a President who didn't even mention the biggest college sport in America. If you expect me to pay big bucks to watch losers row, forget it. Close the Rent, rebuild memorial and let's go back to $6 gate tickets on apple festival day.

Herbst has made it clear bigtime sports in not on her agenda. That's also why we have a second rate AD from a hack midtier school. That's why P is still here. They really don't care that much. The big time experiment appears done with Suzy Lax.
Dumbest thing? I'm in some impressive company here. I think you just outdid me. Take your frustration out somewhere else.

Reaction Score
I am sure you know everything about UConn. We do have posters here who know more about what's going on than you. Spare yourself the stress. Become a Syracuse fan.

No stress. Just waiting for why you are so sure. Are you one of the posters who knows more. If so, spit out what you can say. If not, keep flapping those lips and sayn' notin'. Sure you can keep that up.
Herbst and the Rock Star are just employees, Suzy has been quite a job changer since Northwestern so she might be about half way through her tenure at Uconn, and how often does a Rock Star stay someplace. Just want them not to screw the pooch such that the next team has to blame them for years (like you guys do with the previous regime) 'cause they were so inept (you do realize Uconn is the now the official light shutter outer).

Interesting comment about becoming a Syracuse fan, guess if can't answer a question about a direct statement made in your post just be an A**hole; quite fruitish.

Reaction Score
No stress. Just waiting for why you are so sure. Are you one of the posters who knows more. If so, spit out what you can say. If not, keep flapping those lips and sayn' notin'. Sure you can keep that up.
Herbst and the Rock Star are just employees, Suzy has been quite a job changer since Northwestern so she might be about half way through her tenure at Uconn, and how often does a Rock Star stay someplace. Just want them not to screw the pooch such that the next team has to blame them for years (like you guys do with the previous regime) 'cause they were so inept (you do realize Uconn is the now the official light shutter outer).

Interesting comment about becoming a Syracuse fan, guess if can't answer a question about a direct statement made in your post just be an A**hole; quite fruitish.
I am not one of those in the know. But I am not crying about where we are. Susan Herbst said enough for me to be convinced she knows what she's doing. And I don't blame any regime. But just keep on crying. Repeat after me: "Go Orange!"

Reaction Score
Sorry, but that is just about the dumbest thing I've read. The notion that folks should shell out good money for an inferior product is simply out of touch and probably the same distorted thinking coming out of Storrs. Don't expect a ground swell of support for a mediocre conference schedule, and a President who didn't even mention the biggest college sport in America. If you expect me to pay big bucks to watch losers row, forget it. Close the Rent, rebuild memorial and let's go back to $6 gate tickets on apple festival day.

Herbst has made it clear bigtime sports in not on her agenda. That's also why we have a second rate AD from a hack midtier school. That's why P is still here. They really don't care that much. The big time experiment appears done with Suzy Lax.

Easy, man, you don't wanna hurt your back throwing in the towel so hard.

Reaction Score
Gee, didn't he have to give Ollie a 2 week contract 1st to practice and it isn't important that it harmed 2013 recruiting. Yeah, that was Rock Star quality. Give him basketball practice facility 'cause he was there, am sure he didn't screw it up enough to get it not to happen.

Still didn't answer why you are so sure. You know what they did re ACC, a monumental failure that is career defining as both got out worked by Louisville counterparts; you are sure they did everything possible to get in. Can't be 'cause of the results.

Kevin Ollie should have won a NC by now. He sucks. Warde should have gotten Petino to come here after JC retired.

If our new OC does not have the offense scoring 50 by the spring game he needs to be fired. Warde should have convinced Chip Kelley to take the positition.

Finally...if Claire Danes and the Homeland cast can't figure out this ND/LB dead g/f thing? Herbst....ducking fired.

Carry on....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The WTIC hosts commonly call message boards "blogs" because they can't be bothered to learn the distinction. I suspect the Yard is a hater blog in her mind. Full of haters that love to hate, not winners that like to win.

Who else could she be talking about? I'm surprised she let the Health Center accept a pledge from a hater blog.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who else could she be talking about? I'm surprised she let the Health Center accept a pledge from a hater blog.

I've been trying to figure out what else she could talking about. I've got nothing. Most of the decent blogs on the topic are relatively positive towards UConn.

I think she was talking about her personally and that only means one place - here.

Reaction Score

So every team in D1 who is projected to be sub 500 should have 0 home fans in the seats? Ok.

Big bucks? I thought you were a deal guy. Anyone with a six figure income shouldn't bitch about the costs. Results, fine. But not the costs. UConn football is dirt cheap, or should be for a playah like you.

Reaction Score
Everyone is missing a very important point, she said (paraphrasing) that her new year's resolution was to stay away from hater blogs, but she broke it after about two hours. I take that to mean she frequents The Boneyard often. Personally I think that is a good sign, it means she is receptive to feedback and seeks it, it also shows there is a genuine interest in the success of the sports programs, she is not just paying it lip service. I bet the previous president never paid us a visit.

As far as hater blog is concerned, if she is referring to The Boneyard, she called a spade a spade, deal with it, and the next time you feel like bitching about something that has been rehashed a zillion times, keep it to yourself.

On a positive note, we have a new offensive coordinator, next year's football schedule is easily the best we have ever had, the ACC will probably be raided again in the near future, our new basketball coach is off to a great start, the new basketball facility is under construction and we are joining Hockey East...Deal with that haters.

Reaction Score
So every team in D1 who is projected to be sub 500 should have 0 home fans in the seats? Ok.

Big bucks? I thought you were a deal guy. Anyone with a six figure income shouldn't bitch about the costs. Results, fine. But not the costs. UConn football is dirt cheap, or should be for a playah like you.

Really? Hmmm. You know what the difference is between your first dollar and last dollar? None. Respect every dollar my friend. Spend wisely.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really? Hmmm. You know what the difference is between your first dollar and last dollar? None. Respect every dollar my friend. Spend wisely.

Eh if you make enough dollars the last aren't nearly as valuable - i.e 'you can't take it with you'

UConn sells football season tickets for $150. Disparage the product all you like - but can we please not pretend that it's wildly overpriced. I've lived in Connecticut for 37 of my 39 years. There is absolutely nothing to do in this state for $150/$175 that is better than 6 or 7 games at Rentschler.

Reaction Score
Eh if you make enough dollars the last aren't nearly as valuable - i.e 'you can't take it with you'

UConn sells football season tickets for $150. Disparage the product all you like - but can we please not pretend that it's wildly overpriced. I've lived in Connecticut for 37 of my 39 years. There is absolutely nothing to do in this state for $150/$175 that is better than 6 or 7 games at Rentschler.

That's all I'm saying.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Or I will put it this way. Last time you went out with the wife and spend 150 on a mediocre dinner, did you post 75 times on Yelp that the owner was a and all of the chefs should be fired?
#FireGuyFieri

I heard the sous-chef can wallpaper the kitchen with his recipies!

Reaction Score
Husky, the problem is we have done just about everything short of doubling the Rent to make ourselves "attractive". We've filled the XL Center and the Rent on a repeated basis before the economic crash. If you want to buy tickets to watch MAC/Conference USA schedules in football and hoops, be my guest. She is not conveying the impression that she is involved in or leading a serious fight. And that's what's needed, not waving pom-pons.
Our attendance has been falling for a few years now. In both basketball and football. That's why UL was picked ahead of us. It wasn't due to a better product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny

Top Bottom