Surprise Press Conference @ 4PM TODAY | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Surprise Press Conference @ 4PM TODAY

Reaction Score
By all acounts Z is a great kid. But....If you can't do it when the lights come on --- you can't do it.

Z was inaccurate in games in 2019 and he's inaccurate in games this year. His problem is that he not comfortable during games. You can see it. In 2019 he had fumbles when no one touched him. He plays panicy.

It's nice that Z is good in practice. Randy loves practice. He is undefeated in practice. Z and Randy are kindred souls. Great in practice not so much in games.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I'm waiting to see what the team and Jack Zergiotis does vs Holy Cross
If they don't win by double figures then there needs to be thoughts of changes from in coaching staff from HC to graduate assistants
According to a Versus (and take the source for what it's worth) preseason poll Holy Cross is number 25 in FCS. UConn is equal to CCSU and would rank about 50th in FCS.

I expect this to be a close, competitive game. I don't see a win as assured, and I definitely don't see a double digit win as assured.

I do agree with you that this game should really be the final referendum on Edsall (the final referendum really should have come 2 years ago, but here we are).

Reaction Score
According to a Versus (and take the source for what it's worth) preseason poll Holy Cross is number 25 in FCS. UConn is equal to CCSU and would rank about 50th in FCS.

I expect this to be a close, competitive game. I don't see a win as assured, and I definitely don't see a double digit win as assured.

I do agree with you that this game should really be the final referendum on Edsall (the final referendum really should have come 2 years ago, but here we are).

Look, we got to get better. It's been 2 years you know. I've got a young team.

2 yards and a cloud of dust.

Reaction Score
False. He’s is not. Simple as that. Argue the fact that Jack Zergiotis isn’t getting it done and needs fixing- I’ll give you that. Say that our best QB is severely underperforming therefore there is serious concern- yes.

Now, can backups sometimes come in and catch lightning in a bottle? Sure. But Jack Zergiotis beat out Steven Krajewski on practice merit. Put in the backup if the starter isn’t getting it done. But you can’t do that too quickly because if it doesn’t work you’re in a worse pile of number 2.

Lastly, I played on teams (bball) that went the route of trying to control the clock and limit the other teams possessions and that almost never works. We wound up losing those games 70 something to 30 something. You have to cut it loose and show confidence in your team with the game plan. This thought process needs to change quickly or else he will lose the locker room: the offense will become disenchanted and the defense will blame the offense for not helping out.

Hopefully someone can get through to him. I have a feeling though that they will come out with a different game plan on Saturday.

On to Holy Cross.

It's called negative coaching and except for a small dose of Lashlee, we've been suffering from this disease since Diaco laying back on D and throwing way too many lateral passes.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

We would be ranked #16 in D2, #4 in D3, and #3 in NAIA. Yikes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Randy, what he thinks is best, resulted in a shutout and yet another butt kicking. <TheObvious> The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.</TheObvious>
But it would work… if we just execute.

Reaction Score
My advice is to ignore The Boneyard - particularly Palatine.

Here is Episode One of the ONE who got away:

le quart-arrière Jonathan Sénécal (Administration, HEC Montréal) a démontré l’étendue de son talent. La recrue a complété 25 de ses 35 passes pour des gains de 342 verges avec deux passes de touché. Il a entre autres réussi quatre passes de plus de 35 verges, dont une de 51 verges.

or the ENGLISH SUBTITLES:

quarterback Jonathan Sénécal (Administration, HEC Montreal) demonstrated the extent of his talent.
The rookie completed 25 of his 35 passes for gains of 342 yards with two touchdown passes. Among other things, he had four passes over 35 yards, including one from 51 yards.

the Universite de Montreal won over Sherbrooke 26-9

Reaction Score

This program graduated from college football laughingstock to permanent meme. If Edsall can't get over his ego, he needs to go ASAP.

The defense was encouraging some say yet this guy ran for a touchdown with 5 defenders surrounding him, literally 5 guys breathing on him and barely brought him down. Also, our defense allowed five or seven 20+ yards in one game… sheesh That’s not encouraging it’s actually discouraging, but it’s only one game guys.

Reaction Score
I'm waiting to see what the team and Jack Zergiotis does vs Holy Cross
If they don't win by double figures then there needs to be thoughts of changes from in coaching staff from HC to graduate assistants
I understand to a degree why they rehired RE but he better be on one very short leash
His history is spotty as far as being a serviceable game coach and at this point teaching him new tricks at his age and mindset might very well be impossible. Innovation and shaking things up are not his strong point and evidence points to the fact that it doesn't seem to exists. You are behind at half time and you refuse to make quality changes - Unacceptable at any level.
Some coaches are great recruiters and talking a big game but once the game whistle is blown, the basketball is thrown up, the opening kickoff is struck - they get either lost in the moment or become stuck in neutral
We have had and continue to have some here at UConn.......................
I think this game will be closer than anyone of us would like

Reaction Score

Yup, agreed. Not sure the entire BY understands that UConn should be a dog in this matchup given that they don't do spreads for FCS games, but UConn may be looking at an L this coming weekend. Not out of the question at all. And if that happens the howling will get deafening. UConn badly needs Jack Zergiotis to develop some poise.

Reaction Score
By all acounts Z is a great kid. But....If you can't do it when the lights come on --- you can't do it.

Z was inaccurate in games in 2019 and he's inaccurate in games this year. His problem is that he not comfortable during games. You can see it. In 2019 he had fumbles when no one touched him. He plays panicy.

It's nice that Z is good in practice. Randy loves practice. He is undefeated in practice. Z and Randy are kindred souls. Great in practice not so much in games.
So 637 days after the 2019 season Z is still inaccurate.

Reaction Score

As hard as it is watching us not have success over the last 10 years, this is a fact... we've started over (unfortunately) and this happens when you play a good football team. You make mistakes, good teams make you pay.. and pay big time. straight butt whippin... But it's only week 1 after 637 days off... Let's go fellas... Great opportunity to get some frustration out in 5 days...

Reaction Score
we need a true OC and play caller. None of our current heads for those positions have a clue what they’re doing.
Hard to argue this brother... I said that a few years back... until they prove otherwise, you need a true OC and a true QB coach to boot... Funding (lack of) kept this staff together... If COVID didn't hit Giufre would be OL coach only, nothing more, which should be where he needs to put all of his focus on (my opinion)... It gets a little tired seeing position coaches at FBS programs (except) ours that actual have OCs, QB, RB coaches that are actually just that, but we get guys that we move around (like HS, and lower level college programs) and think it doesn't make a difference... It does...(check our record the past decade or so)...

There I go with my vent... It's just too much proof....

Man oh man I hope they prove me wrong with what I just wrote. I still believe in these kids... Too much talent to not have success going fwd...

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

Reaction Score

Got one argument... You said "games this year"... we only played 1 game so far this year... After 637 days off from football, against a quality opponent on the road where real feel temperature on the playing field was at least 117 degrees throughout the entire game... It's easy to rag on Jack Zergiotis a little hard based on 2019's performance (as a true frosh), but kinda hard to not give the kid a game (I think he shows much much better this coming weekend) or 2... Just sayin.... Besides, we can complain all we want , things ain't changing at the moment...

Reaction Score
So 637 days after the 2019 season Z is still inaccurate.
The 637 days of practicing technique didn’t seem to stick. The guy throws a flat ball with no accuracy and often right into coverage. It’s amazing this clown coached Dan O and didn’t ruin him. I guess that’s how great he was.

Reaction Score
The defense looked marginally better than 2019. If I had to guess the heat, the speed at which Fresno played on offense and our offense totalling less than 2 drives of Fresno's, gassed the defense pretty quickly. If we see the same against Holy Cross, then there is zero reasons to keep anyone on this staff.

Reaction Score

le quart-arrière Jonathan Sénécal (Administration, HEC Montréal) a démontré l’étendue de son talent. La recrue a complété 25 de ses 35 passes pour des gains de 342 verges avec deux passes de touché. Il a entre autres réussi quatre passes de plus de 35 verges, dont une de 51 verges.

quarterback Jonathan Sénécal (Administration, HEC Montreal) demonstrated the extent of his talent.
The rookie completed 25 of his 35 passes for gains of 342 yards with two touchdown passes. Among other things, he had four passes over 35 yards, including one from 51 yards.

Ahhh the poutine of college football!

Reaction Score
Frankly, Holy Cross nearly beating us a few years ago was a help. Randy put Bryant in the game and he got his rightful job back. The season was much more fun with a good QB.

I’m kind of hoping we struggle early so we get a good look at Steve and win too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Got one argument... You said "games this year"... we only played 1 game so far this year... After 637 days off from football, against a quality opponent on the road where real feel temperature on the playing field was at least 117 degrees throughout the entire game... It's easy to rag on Jack Zergiotis a little hard based on 2019's performance (as a true frosh), but kinda hard to not give the kid a game (I think he shows much much better this coming weekend) or 2... Just sayin.... Besides, we can complain all we want , things ain't changing at the moment...

He blew two of the easiest TD passes any college QB should make.

He can't throw.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

When you really want to evaluate FBS talent, you go to the source… Canada… and look for a game played with different rules against a “Sherbrooke” to find it. Good thing nobody else in the US knows what Google Translate is otherwise they’d be beating down the door for those two TDs!

Reaction Score

Could there be a more irrelevant post?

Reaction Score
my gut sense is Senecal and Mike Nebrich were two talents that we will have missed when we truly needed. For those thinking we can just bring in a talented QB transfer, I think our track record has been less than solid in evaluation. Frazer and Lorenzen were above average ... imho. Beaudry + Leon + Whitmer were mediocrity production to date. Fresno took their QB Jake Haener came from UW (Washington). I don't know why we couldn't have found 1-3 kids running from being number 3 at major programs. headscratcher

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcs1228

Top Bottom