Surprise Press Conference @ 4PM TODAY | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Surprise Press Conference @ 4PM TODAY

Reaction Score
Watch the film it doesn’t lie. Talk all you want but film doesn’t lie we aren’t fundamentally sound

Reaction Score
Lashlee bailed for greener pastures. You think the Miami job just hatched? He knew full well he was going to leave before he took the job
If you read the post I said, “one of the reasons.”

Reaction Score

Outline version cuts off too much of the article so there is no alternate access link.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Is Jack Zergiotis different in practice than games? How is it possible he is the most accurate? And if he is....why don't you get a QB from the portal?

I wish Edsall had said "Jack Zergiotis hasn't shown the accuracy in games that we know he has". Instead it's sounds like he is saying "yeah he isn't accurate...but he is the best we have". Which doesn't make me feel good about the offense getting better this year.

Reaction Score
Is Jack Zergiotis different in practice than games? How is it possible he is the most accurate? And if he is....why don't you get a QB from the portal?

I wish Edsall had said "Jack Zergiotis hasn't shown the accuracy in games that we know he has". Instead it's sounds like he is saying "yeah he isn't accurate...but he is the best we have". Which doesn't make me feel good about the offense getting better this year.
Ego is in the way of winning. RE is a 100% grade A moron.

Reaction Score
Lashlee bailed for greener pastures. You think the Miami job just hatched? He knew full well he was going to leave before he took the job
When you get criticized for scoring to quickly when the year before UConn had one of the worst offenses in the country. Randy flipped Lashlees’s success into him being the blame for Randy’s handpick DC having the worse D in the country. Put the D back out too quickly by scoring instead of this clock ground control running up the middle stuff he seemed to enjoy and brag about from yesterday. That’s why he left and other BS along those lines. Of course, he wasn’t going to stay forever but that’s why he couldn’t stay.

Reaction Score
It had absolutely nothing to do with Edsall. UConn was only a stop for a paycheck.

Having said that, we need a true OC and play caller. None of our current heads for those positions have a clue what they’re doing.
That’s one thing we can both agree on!

There is absolutely no way this kid is the best we’ve got. Steven Krajewski throws better than him with a broken collarbone!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

The reality (as I see it) is that Zergiotis has the weaker, less accurate arm. Is he more mobile? Probably. Does Edsall think he needs a more mobile QB if the OLine is crappy? Probably.

But he needs to stop this nonsense about having picked the better QB. He hasn't. Multiple misses on big plays against Fresno reinforced that. He's gotta put the best guy in, because what he's doing right now is failing miserably...

Reaction Score
Edsall used platitudes during his conference call. Edsall should run for political office.

"We need to do better" etc. Well no since a 3rd grader can see that. What are we doing extractly to get better? What have you been doing the last 2 years?

Uconnalliance

Just win baby
Reaction Score
The reality (as I see it) is that Zergiotis has the weaker, less accurate arm. Is he more mobile? Probably. Does Edsall think he needs a more mobile QB if the OLine is crappy? Probably.

But he needs to stop this nonsense about having picked the better QB. He hasn't. Multiple misses on big plays against Fresno reinforced that. He's gotta put the best guy in, because what he's doing right now is failing miserably...
Really?? Lmmfao .. spot on cuz, been a long time hope your doin better than this train wreck we’re about to see

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm waiting to see what the team and Jack Zergiotis does vs Holy Cross
If they don't win by double figures then there needs to be thoughts of changes from in coaching staff from HC to graduate assistants
I understand to a degree why they rehired RE but he better be on one very short leash
His history is spotty as far as being a serviceable game coach and at this point teaching him new tricks at his age and mindset might very well be impossible. Innovation and shaking things up are not his strong point and evidence points to the fact that it doesn't seem to exists. You are behind at half time and you refuse to make quality changes - Unacceptable at any level.
Some coaches are great recruiters and talking a big game but once the game whistle is blown, the basketball is thrown up, the opening kickoff is struck - they get either lost in the moment or become stuck in neutral
We have had and continue to have some here at UConn.......................

Reaction Score
Was there an injury news? How about the DE's unavailable? Any news? Or do we have to wait for the injury report?

Reaction Score
Was there an injury news? How about the DE's unavailable? Any news? Or do we have to wait for the injury report?
Back in this thread a bit…

… and from the attached article above: “Edsall hopes to have his offensive line bolstered with the return of Chris Fortin from an injury Saturday at home against Holy Cross.”

They reported last night the Kevon Jones will be back for Holy Cross. Sounded like Watts is still likely a bit further out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcs1228

Top Bottom