Superhero movies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Superhero movies

Reaction Score
Watched Wonder Woman again. I still don't get it. After you get off the absurd Amazon Island it's like the first Captain America. Also Wonder Woman works at the Louvre.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Watched Wonder Woman again. I still don't get it. After you get off the absurd Amazon Island it's like the first Captain America. Also Wonder Woman works at the Louvre.

Man of Steel was clearly better.

WW is kinda slow. And isn't even the hero in her own movie.

Its still pretty good, but the hype push it got seems to be based on non-merit based things.

the Q

Reaction Score
I thought WW sucked. Man of Steel was better.

Dawn of Justice came along too early. Superman is big enough to not need all the extra super heroes.

Agreed on all accounts.

They used man of steel I basically be a justice league prequel.

It was just not well thought out.

the Q

Reaction Score
Superman never succeeded IMO because the original tv series and George Reeves was so hard to live up to. Superheroes can never appear stupid and bumbling, like Christopher Reeves did when playing Clark Kent.

They also keep rebooting it.

The way Reeve did it was brilliant. He's just a very hard guy to live up to.

Even superman returns tho, the problem was bad writing. Routh was a worthy either to the cape imo. But that script was just so bad that reeve himself couldn't save it.

It's very hard to write good superman stuff because he is the best at what he does. It's a fine line between him and needing the justice league.

For example, darkseid is a superman baddy who he has beaten before by himself, but the main justice league baddy is one of darkseid's lackeys.

I wish they did a cool braniac story. Or Metallo. But they gotta amp up the baddies. And never ever mention parasite again.

the Q

Reaction Score
I just recently saw Logan... now that is how to properly service a character! All those X-Men movie moments where they only hint at Wolverine's darker, edgier true nature were finally let loose to great results. A great sendoff to one of the absolute best comic book characters IMO.

I think the real problem with the Superman movies to date have been the choice of director. Zack Snyder is a super talented guy but I think he was the wrong choice for Superman from the beginning. I do love what he did with Watchmen though.

Fair point. People trying to make superman dark and angsty really get rid of the heart of the character.

But he will do drastic things to protect those important to him.

Reaction Score
I just saw Justice League and enjoyed it. Much more child friendly than Wonder Woman. There is violence, but fake violence. Killing aliens instead of war scenes.

P.s. Wonder Woman still works at the Louvre, @ZooCougar.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Just saw a teaser trailer for The Incredibles 2. Hard to believe it took this long for Pixar to revisit them. Coming out in 2018. Might put all the Marvel/DC superhero movies to shame next year.

Reaction Score
I just saw Justice League and enjoyed it. Much more child friendly than Wonder Woman. There is violence, but fake violence. Killing aliens instead of war scenes.

P.s. Wonder Woman still works at the Louvre, @ZooCougar.

I’ll give it a go. Tough to get to a movie with a one year old though. I’d still rather see the new Thor.

Reaction Score
I’ll give it a go. Tough to get to a movie with a one year old though. I’d still rather see the new Thor.

The new Thor is great. Basically a full blown action comedy.

Reaction Score
The new Thor is great. Basically a full blown action comedy.

Yeah Hemsworth has really shown his comedic range. He was one of the few good things about the Ghostbusters movie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom