Superhero movies | The Boneyard

Superhero movies

Reaction Score
Where is Hancock? It would have been borderline Top 10. I'm surprised the The Avengers isn't on the list, unless it doesn't qualify.

I don't think Avengers qualifies as an origin movie since all the characters have their own origin movies.

Reaction Score
Wonder Woman was awful and not child appropriate (I screwed the pooch on that one). How is it number one? They didn't even get someone as hot as Linda Carter.

Gal Godot is insanely hot. I haven't seen the movie yet but seeing her in it is not going to be a complaint.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gal Godot is insanely hot. I haven't seen the movie yet but seeing her in it is not going to be a complaint.

No kidding. She looked good the first time I ever saw her in one of the Fast and Furious movies. She's only gotten more attractive as the years have gone by.

Reaction Score

(1) She is a weird duckling. From certain angles I agree with you, but not others, and she lacks the curves of Carter. If we're gonna stuff a woman in that outfit, it is nice to see some spillage.

(2) The movie was not awful. I shouldn't have said that. It just wasn't great and my opinion was negatively influenced by the fact that I took my daughter expecting a tame superhero movie (she can handle the Dark Knight level violence) and it was both too violent for her and too sexually suggestive. She no longer likes Wonder Woman, and she used to love her because of Carter's work.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
(1) She is a weird duckling. From certain angles I agree with you, but not others, and she lacks the curves of Carter. If we're gonna stuff a woman in that outfit, it is nice to see some spillage.

(2) The movie was not awful. I shouldn't have said that. It just wasn't great and my opinion was negatively influenced by the fact that I took my daughter expecting a tame superhero movie (she can handle the Dark Knight level violence) and it was both too violent for her and too sexually suggestive. She no longer likes Wonder Woman, and she used to love her because of Carter's work.

She's no Super Girl, but still adorable.

Reaction Score
I just watched Mad Max: Fury Road and I wasn't that impressed. If Max is going to survive those "action scenes" (sorry for the spoiler but you know he will), surely he must have super powers so the original Mad Max/Road Warrior combo should be included. I like Tom Hardy but he's British. Charlize Theron, meh.

Mel was only 23 in the first Mad Max Movie.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wait, you want more spilling out of the costume, but the current Wonder Woman was too sexualized? I'm confused.

When it was first announced that Gadot had been chosen for the role, it seemed like a strange decision. Now that I've seen her as Wonder Woman in 2 films, she totally owns the role and I can't really picture anyone else playing the part now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is a list of movie gross not quality so it skews toward the more recent films. Batman and Spiderman being the two obvious exceptions.

Last edited:

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Wait, you want more spilling out of the costume, but the current Wonder Woman was too sexualized? I'm confused.

When it was first announced that Gadot had been chosen for the role, it seemed like a strange decision. Now that I've seen her as Wonder Woman in 2 films, she totally owns the role and I can't really picture anyone else playing the part now.

Exactly. The "Amazons" and Wonder Woman actually looked like Amazons. She's not supposed look like a pin-up model / Playmate. It was one of the best movies that DC has put out.

Reaction Score

You're confused because you cannot follow comments from different perspectives apparently. I like boooooobs. I don't like sexually suggestive scenes in movies I bring my five year old too. Is that so difficult to fathom? You see, if I did not like boooobs, my five year old might not exist, but I don't think everything is okay for a five year old.

Anything else I can help you understand?

Reaction Score
Exactly. The "Amazons" and Wonder Woman actually looked like Amazons. She's not supposed look like a pin-up model / Playmate. It was one of the best movies that DC has put out.

"Actually look like Amazons"? You do realize there are no actual Amazons, right?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anything else I can help you understand?

Why did you bring a 5 year old to a PG-13 rated movie? Especially since you don't like sexually suggestive scenes in movies you bring your five year old to?

Reaction Score
Why did you bring a 5 year old to a PG-13 rated movie? Especially since you don't like sexually suggestive scenes in movies you bring your five year old to?

You people cannot read can you?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You people cannot read can you?
I read "I don't like sexually suggestive scenes in movies I bring my five year old too. Is that so difficult to fathom?" Then don't bring them to movies with sexually suggestive scenes, maybe? The way you wrote that sentence makes it sound like it's the movie's fault. Write better.

Reaction Score
I read "I don't like sexually suggestive scenes in movies I bring my five year old too. Is that so difficult to fathom?" Then don't bring them to movies with sexually suggestive scenes, maybe? The way you wrote that sentence makes it sound like it's the movie's fault. Write better.

You are a moron looking for a fight on an Entertainment Board in a Superhero Thread.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are a moron looking for a fight on an Entertainment Board in a Superhero Thread.
I wasn't looking for a fight. But a win is a win.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wonder Woman was awful and not child appropriate (I screwed the pooch on that one). How is it number one? They didn't even get someone as hot as Linda Carter.

I thought it was good. They could not find anyone as hot as Linda Carter, because there are no such people. Gal Gadot looks great and was a good choice.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He admitted that that was his fault. Doesn't seem to want to re-emphasize that though.

It's definitely not a movie for a little kid. My 14 year old liked it a lot.

Reaction Score
He admitted that that was his fault. Doesn't seem to want to re-emphasize that though.

It's definitely not a movie for a little kid. My 14 year old liked it a lot.

We do not repeat ourselves for morons who cannot read.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We do not repeat ourselves for morons who cannot read.
You did repeat the moron insult, however.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom