SUNJ's AD Gets Fired By.....? | The Boneyard

SUNJ's AD Gets Fired By.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Permetti is getting canned tomorrow too.

What time?

All guesses in EDT.

I'm going with 8:48am.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think he keeps his job.

He got Rutgers into the Big Ten. That is like winning the Kentucky Derby on a goat.

He would have to be found in a hot tub with a dozen naked Cub Scouts to get fired from that job.

Reaction Score

He got Rutgers into the Big Ten. That is like winning the Kentucky Derby on a goat.

He would have to be found in a hot tub with a dozen naked Cub Scouts to get fired from that job.

That story soon to be leaked..............j/k:p

Reaction Score

If the cub scouts were prostitutes, and not naive, he stays. Maybe he stays if the cub scouts aren't good lucking.

As I said in another thread, unlike Rice he holds political capital. So he won't go until the university's hand is forced. But that very well may be what happens.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Geography got Rutgers into the B1G, as well as deficit spending on stadium expansion that no one wants. Pernetti hired Rice despite his reputation as an unhinged pinhead, the captain should go down with the ship.

You could also use the Huey Long line about being found with a live boy or a dead hooker in bed.

Reaction Score
If the cub scouts were prostitutes, and not naive, he stays. Maybe he stays if the cub scouts aren't good lucking.

As I said in another thread, unlike Rice he holds political capital. So he won't go until the university's hand is forced. But that very well may be what happens.

Just posted this in one of the original threads...

Brendan Prunty (@BrendanPrunty)
4/2/13, 9:41 PM
NJ Assembly Speaker Shelia Oliver has called for Mike Rice to be fired. Leaders of both sides of NJ Legislature have called for firing now.

It's Jersey politics... This will get ugly fast. Not sure Permetti survives. Wouldn't be shocked either way. The key is how insulated is the President (University)?
*** edit *** From below NJ.com story - "Pernetti said university President Robert Barchi was also made aware of the tape’s contents and was in line with the discipline handed down to Rice."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball...nd_his_abusive_beha.html#incart_flyout_sports

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just posted this in one of the original threads...

Brendan Prunty (@BrendanPrunty)
4/2/13, 9:41 PM
NJ Assembly Speaker Shelia Oliver has called for Mike Rice to be fired. Leaders of both sides of NJ Legislature have called for firing now.

It's Jersey politics... This will get ugly fast. Not sure Permetti survives. Wouldn't be shocked either way. The key is how insulated is the President (University)?

And the Governor through his spokesman has honed in on the issue.

Pernetti may have some political capital, but every politician in both parties will hang his asssss out to dry if they think it will cost them any votes.

He's useless now. Sure, he got RU in to the B1G. It's not like the next AD is gonna get them booted. Well, if any school outside of Temple could pull that off it would be SUNJ.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
From the Governor's office:

''Governor Christie saw the video today for the first time and he is obviously deeply disturbed by the conduct displayed and strongly condemns this behavior,'' spokesman Michael Drewniak said. ''It's not the type of leadership we should be showing our young people and clearly there are questions about this behavior that need to be answered by the leaders at Rutgers University.''

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Politicians are easy - firing Rice will move them onto the next instance of mock outrage.

This story doesn't have legs after Rice is gone.

Unless, again, there are cub scouts in a hot tub.

Reaction Score
From everything I've seen Pernetti brought this issue to RU's president for at least approval of, if not help in determining, his disciplinary plan. He'll survive unless this thing really takes on a life.

One other thing. Even if it's in everyone's best interest that these tapes got out, Eric Murdock is still a dirtbag. Always was, still is.

Reaction Score
Erick Murdock, and Chris Watts.... what a duo i tell ya.

Reaction Score
Question for the board: Did Murdoch leak this after not getting his contract renewed or did he bring this crap up to the university officials only then to be kicked off the staff?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Question for the board: Did Murdoch leak this after not getting his contract renewed or did he bring this crap up to the university officials only then to be kicked off the staff?

He sent the original footage to the AD that started all this. Suspect media reports suggest he wasn't renewed because he blew the whistle. Not sure when the tapes appeared, but clearly Murdoch was prepared.

Sorry part is that he is probably un-hire-able.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not enough outrage at Pernetti... Yet. I'll give him a week.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Murdoch wasn't likely going to get another gig - his rep is awful.

He got fired for sucking at his job - this tape is just revenge.

Pernetti will survive.

Reaction Score
From everything I've seen Pernetti brought this issue to RU's president for at least approval of, if not help in determining, his disciplinary plan. He'll survive unless this thing really takes on a life.

One other thing. Even if it's in everyone's best interest that these tapes got out, Eric Murdock is still a dirtbag. Always was, still is.

In my experience, many whistleblowers tend to be ego-maniacal s. Recent events on this board have supported my belief. It doesn't mean that they are wrong.

The report that he may have tried to extort the university is interesting . . .

Reaction Score
Lots of threads to unravel yet.

Are lawsuits against anyone / everyone, including R in play?

What about child/spousal abuse at home?

Any nut who can lose it like Rice probably doesn't contain it to the BB court.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
In my experience, many whistleblowers tend to be ego-maniacal s.

Don't give anything that needs a whistle blown on it. Simple.

It doesn't really matter if Murdock is "extorting" them- don't continue to employ someone who clearly doesn't deserve the job.

This is checkers. Not chess. Murdock is largely, if not entirely, blameless.

Reaction Score

... and a life begins:

StevePoliti12:31pm via TweetDeck
Confirmation from President Barchi's office: He did not review the Rice video until yesterday. Waiting for an explanation from Pernetti.

StevePoliti11:59am via TweetDeck
There appears to be a significant contradiction between the Rutgers presdient and AD Tim Pernetti. A quick post

Updated:

TomLuicci 2:09pm via Twitter for iPhone
Here is the school version of when President Barchi saw the tape: it was yesterday and Pernetti didn't intentionally mislead with his acct.

TomLuicci 2:10pm via Twitter for iPhone
Baum said Pernetti was asked if Pres. Barchi saw the tape. He answered yes. Never specified when. But it was not in Nov/Dec.

yeah, yeah, that's it....

OK - you have something of this magnitude and you don't show your boss the tapes or the boss wants plausible deniability and doesn't ask to watch the video? Either way... stinks like the swamps off the NJTpke

Reaction Score
Lots of threads to unravel yet.

What about child/spousal abuse at home?

Any nut who can lose it like Rice probably doesn't contain it to the BB court.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is very true. The same thought occured to me.

Reaction Score
Lot's traction gaining on the AD and President's actions. ESPN is basically 24 hours of Rutgers sh!tshow coverage at at the moment. The national evening news is even picking this one up. I just dont see how this blows over for the AD. The president looks like he's trying to say he never saw the video, which is a bunch of bull, unless learned how to pass the buck like Mark Emmert. Your AD approaches you and says they need to fine a coach 75k and you just take his word on it?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The drum beats are getting louder for Pernetti's head. If he has an ounce of foresight, he resigns today or this weekend before the ax drops. He's more likely to get another decent gig somewhere... Whereas Rice is completely toxic at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom