Sunday's games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sunday's games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Upset alert. UNC goes up by 16 on NC State in the 3rd quarter.

I guess UNC plays better in pink uniforms.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Huh?! But they beat Tennessee! :cool:

Agreed; not a surprise. VaTech is better than most expected, but still not that good.

I figured their schedule would catch up with them, and that they would eventually end up around 7th or 8th in the conference. Next 4 games... ND, @ Pesky Jackets, Louisville, and @ State. :oops:

Upset alert. UNC goes up by 16 on NC State in the 3rd quarter.

I guess UNC plays better in pink uniforms.

Well NC State is their most hated rival.... so they are gonna play them tough.... at least in front of their home crowd.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well NC State is their most hated rival.... so they are gonna play them tough.... at least in front of their home crowd.

You mean they hate NC State more than Duke?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Mississippi State up 15 on Texas A&M in 3Q. Schaefer battling his former boss.

Sue Bird doing color analysis for the SEC Network? Seems kinda weird.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
The Oregon v Oregon State game might be the changing of the guards game. UO is going to be a very good team and OSU loses their best player over the past 4 years. OSU will still be a solid team, as Rueck teaches them how to play the game.

Rueck is indeed a great coach, but Graves (Oregon) is no slouch as he showed during his time at Gonzaga, and Oregon is starting 3 freshmen and has 5 in the top 7. Both games were very close, and in the end OSU's experience + Wiese were the difference. However, next year I expect the Ducks to be the stronger team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Texas getting all they can handle from WVU, as I suspected they would. WVU has really improved as the season has progressed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas getting all they can handle from WVU, as I suspected they would. WVU has really improved as the season has progressed.

Huge improvement. Gave Baylor a mighty tussle in Waco, doing the same in Austin today. This 4th quarter is gonna be good.

If WVU's nonconference SOS wasn't so abysmal (#302!), I think they'd have a shot at a top-16 seed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Does anyone really think UV scores 74 against FSU or Baylor? Or any of the other top 10 teams?

I can see UVA scoring 74 on FSU in Charlottesville..... they get their chance in a few weeks. They put up 81 on Louisville.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State up 15 on Texas A&M in 3Q. Schaefer battling his former boss.

Sue Bird doing color analysis for the SEC Network? Seems kinda weird.
Well, the AAC Network color analyst job was already taken

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I can see UVA scoring 74 on FSU in Charlottesville..... they get their chance in a few weeks. They put up 81 on Louisville.
I would bet the house they score at best in the low sixties with FSU by 20. More likely 70 odd sum by 50 some. By the way Walz's team impresses me not at all. Perhaps more than this current ND configuration though.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Only 71 in regulation, 10 in overtime.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Baylor needs to put Alexis Jones back in the game... only 1 assist shy of a triple double.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Go Karlie..........................Lou is rooting for you!! :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good... they put Jones back in the game

that was quick.... triple double

JordyG

Reaction Score
Early against Washington, Stanford is trying to do some of the things I've been screaming about to defeat them. Run the lanes all night, play with pace in the half court, make Osahor pass or dribble from the high post, run Plum on offense, don't double her. Let Plum drive for her baskets., and of course make Plum go to her right. Also play up on Romeo and make her drive. And run Osahor into the ground. So far they're not running Romeo off the perimeter and they're doubling Plum, occasionally using corner traps. Also missing easy and open shots.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Early against Washington, Stanford is trying to do some of the things I've been screaming about to defeat them. Run the lanes all night, play with pace in the half court, make Osahor pass or dribble from the high post, run Plum on offense, don't double her. Let Plum drive for her baskets., and of course make Plum go to her right. Also play up on Romeo and make her drive. And run Osahor into the ground. So far they're not running Romeo off the perimeter and they're doubling Plum, occasionally using corner traps. Also missing easy and open shots.
Must not be working too well. Stanford up 21 to 12 at end of 1st quarter.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Must not be working too well. Stanford up 21 to 12 at end of 1st quarter.
Well, they've been doubling Plum and not running Washington's shooters off the perimeter. All not good strategies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom