Sunday's games - loaded sked | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sunday's games - loaded sked

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Creme now tweets: "Full bracket coming tomorrow, but some notables. #1's in order: UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, SC. A&M's chance to host all but gone. TN up to a No. 6 seed. Last 4 in stay same Iowa St, Virginia, Indiana, Auburn"

I question the placement of ND ahead of Baylor, although it's certainly close. Even with today's win over FSU, ND has fewer RPI top 25 wins and no road wins over a top 16 team. But either way, Baylor's game at Oklahoma tomorrow should determine which team has the edge heading into conference tourneys.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the colonial today. Elon was victorious @HuskyNan . While James Madison was upset at home by William and Mary. So long as the Phoenix win at home vs UNC by-the-sea on Wednesday night..they win the regular season conference championship outright and the #1 seed in the conference tourney.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I question the placement of ND ahead of Baylor, although it's certainly close. Even with today's win over FSU, ND has fewer RPI top 25 wins and no road wins over a top 16 team. But either way, Baylor's game at Oklahoma tomorrow should determine which team has the edge heading into conference tourneys.
I question it as well, but whether ND is the 2nd or 3rd 1-seed really doesn't matter. In either case, Baylor gets Oklahoma City and ND gets Lexington. Bracketology is getting far more interesting this time of year, because it should resemble the actual bracket (finally). Still conference tourneys could shake up this a bit.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-2-26_18-15-43.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Arizona beat USC, which slams the door shut on any tenuous hope USC had of an at-large bid.

The bottom half of the Pac 12 was a huge log jam. Two teams finished 6-12 and four finished 5-13. That can't be fun sorting out a 4 way tie for seeding purposes in the conference tourney. Several of those teams won 10 or more games in OOC.

Reaction Score
UCLA now leading ASU 44-39 early 4th quarter.
I was at the ASU-UCLA game today. Good game. UConn would have destroyed either of these teams. Guess I'm just spoiled with UConn's talent, athleticism, crisp execution...

Anyway, Courtney Eckmark was totally engaged with the team - warmups, huddles, etc. - except playing on the floor, of course.

Courtney Eckmark ASU 022617.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also re. ASU-UCLA, Jordin Canada was clearly the most athletic player on the floor. She got knocked around quite a bit by the bigs (2nd smallest player in the game was at least twice her weight) and spent a lot of time dragging herself up off the floor and rubbing her knees. She had an unspectacular but solid 12 points/8 rebounds/8 assists, and won the game for UCLA by making 4 free throws in the final minute, while ASU missed theirs...

Jordin Canada 022617.jpg

Reaction Score
Finally, re. ASU-UCLA, Monique Billings sported the dumb-ass, tuck-the-front-of-your-shorts-into-your-spandex "sports diaper" look (shudder). (I apologize if there is actually a valid reason for doing this - help?)

Monique Billings 022617.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The bottom half of the Pac 12 was a huge log jam. Two teams finished 6-12 and four finished 5-13. That can't be fun sorting out a 4 way tie for seeding purposes in the conference tourney. Several of those teams won 10 or more games in OOC.

Here's what the Fun Tool to Show Conference Tournament Pairings says:

Pac 12 Standings

1. Oregon State (16 - 2)
2. Stanford (15 - 3)
Defeated Washington based on head-to-head record.
3. Washington (15 - 3) Lost to Stanford based on head-to-head record.
4. UCLA (13 - 5)
5. Arizona State (9 - 9)
6. Oregon (8 - 10)
7. Washington St (6 - 12)
Defeated California based on head-to-head record.
8. California (6 - 12) Lost to Washington St based on head-to-head record.
9. USC (5 - 13) Defeated Arizona, Colorado, and Utah based on record against #1 teams.
10. Colorado (5 - 13) With Arizona and Utah, lost to USC based on record against #1 teams. Defeated Arizona and Utah based on round-robin record.
11. Arizona (5 - 13) With Colorado and Utah, lost to USC based on record against #1 teams. Defeated Utah and lost to Colorado based on round-robin record.
12. Utah (5 - 13) With Arizona and Colorado, lost to USC based on record against #1 teams. Lost to Colorado and Arizona based on round-robin record.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Finally, re. ASU-UCLA, Monique Billings sported the dumb-ass, tuck-the-front-of-your-shorts-into-your-spandex "sports diaper" look (shudder). (I apologize if there is actually a valid reason for doing this - help?)

The "valid reason" - if you can call it that - is that they don't like longer shorts, and the team allows some degree of uniform customization.

Personally, I wonder why more teams just don't provide a short shorts variant for those who want to wear them (assuming you don't demand fit-and-cut uniformity like UConn does). South Carolina seems to have done this for A'ja Wilson, and therefore she does not have the, uh, slovenly look of the pictured player above. :D

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

View attachment 20129
Some players feel the longer shorts impede their movement of particular note is one A'ja Wilson who has her own custom made shorts ala 1985...Monique needs to do the same as the look is hideous, however she is a 'baller!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Concerning the Duke game..all in all it was a great effort with a few exceptions. Greenwell had 30 points including 6-10 from three..and zero turnovers. Lexie Brown chipped in with 19 points 5 assists 4 rebounds 4 steals and zero turnovers. Our young pg Lambert had 12 pts 13 assists and just two turnovers. As a team we had 30 assists and just 10 turnovers.

On the negative side.. The heels did crack the 70 point mark..... And shot over 40% from the field  Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom