Sunday's games - loaded sked | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sunday's games - loaded sked

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford-Oregon is setting up to be a good finish. Stanford was up 13 but Oregon has battled back. 53-48 w/ 4 min left.

Reaction Score
Showcase for the currently most overrated team in the women's college game vs the most overrated program in the history of the women's college game. Tried to watch but the sun is shining outside and I don't have an hour and a half of life to waste on this debacle.
First time seeing Miss. St. Don't know if they are just having a bad game, but from that 1st half, and the players I see on the court, they would have a hard time beating the middle layer of the PAC12. Maybe they will play better in 2nd half at home.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
First time seeing Miss. St. Don't know if they are just having a bad game, but from that 1st half, and the players I see on the court, they would have a hard time beating the middle layer of the PAC12. Maybe they will play better in 2nd half at home.

A very, very bad game so far, worst I've seen. They average 76 a game. They've just missed a ton of shots they normally make.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford wins 65-59 and secures the #2 seed in the conference tournament.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Stanford wins 65-59 and secures the #2 seed in the conference tournament.

So that lines up a possible Washington-Stanford semifinal in the Pac-12 tourney. A chance for UW to avenge that home loss to Stanford.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Duke took care of business and pulled away in the second half. Since BC lost to VT, UNC will be the #14 seed in the ACCT and will face #11 Georgia Tech in the first round. Watts was out again with a reported bruised knee. Not looking good for UNC's hopes of finishing .500. They'd have to beat GT and then Syracuse the next day.

Oops, I mean beat Pitt and then Syracuse.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So that lines up a possible Washington-Stanford semifinal in the Pac-12 tourney. A chance for UW to avenge that home loss to Stanford.

Yes. That was going to be the case regardless of today's outcome, just a matter of which team was #2 and which team was #3. Maybe all the games are done now and complete seedings are set. Haven't seen if Arizona-USC went final. Oregon was projected in the field, but I'm not sure a Pac 12 team has ever gotten in w/ a sub .500 conference record. They finished 8-10.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Showcase for the currently most overrated team in the women's college game vs the most overrated program in the history of the women's college game. Tried to watch but the sun is shining outside and I don't have an hour and a half of life to waste on this debacle.
I realize that this is a UConn board, but Tennessee is not overrated as a program. They clearly deserve the rank they have, which is the second best program in WCBB history. Which program would you rank above them (besides the Huskies, who are clearly the best program in WCBB history)?

Reaction Score
if this game didn't have significance for seeding and the somewhat lurid interest in wondering whether DD will hit double figures in turnovers, this game wouldn't be worth watching. it's a race to the bottom to see who can play worse....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
if this game didn't have significance for seeding and the somewhat lurid interest in wondering whether DD will hit double figures in turnovers, this game wouldn't be worth watching. it's a race to the bottom to see who can play worse....

LMAO! Still, hard to fathom how this Miss St team is playing so bad.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I realize that this is a UConn board, but Tennessee is not overrated as a program. They clearly deserve the rank they have, which is the second best program in WCBB history. Which program would you rank above them (besides the Huskies, who are clearly the best program in WCBB history)?

Uh, er, well for the last decade may I suggest your team Artichoke?

Reaction Score
I've never seen Miss St. before that I can remember; that's why I'm watching. But what I can't get over is that when 1 team slows the game down and holds the ball, both teams stand stock still. Applies to both. I have NEVER seen anything like that in a UCONN game, certainly not by us, at least.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If they can get past the first round, as they seem to play down to their opposition as well as up to their opposition.

That seems to describe most programs. DD is on a mission so I can see another E8 :eek:.

Reaction Score
Tenn by 18 over the number 3 team. How is that possible? And how could that Miss team be #3? They didn't even look like they wanted to be out there

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yes. That was going to be the case regardless of today's outcome, just a matter of which team was #2 and which team was #3. Maybe all the games are done now and complete seedings are set. Haven't seen if Arizona-USC went final. Oregon was projected in the field, but I'm not sure a Pac 12 team has ever gotten in w/ a sub .500 conference record. They finished 8-10.

Oregon will be in. The bubble is too weak for them to fall out, and remember that the Pac-10/12 never used to be as strong as it is now. Every year there are at-large teams with sub-.500 conference records from the strongest conferences. Well, the Pac-12 is the strongest conference of them all this year.

Reaction Score
Great win by Tenn today... Congrats to the LV nation.... I don't know where Ms St was today.... I still would put a buck on them in the tourney..... they usually bring it always .... today was strange.... also a random shout out to Oregon St.... coach built them from literally nothing 7 years ago i think..... put an ad in the student paper looking for players.... and after getting to Final 4 last year..... had only 2 returning starters this year .... predicted to get nowhere.... but again the power of coaching and good discipline and organization.... good for them...

Plebe

Reaction Score

Arizona beat USC, which slams the door shut on any tenuous hope USC had of an at-large bid. Freshman Minyon Moore had 21 for USC. LaBrittney Jones had 18 and 7 in the last home game of her career. She's one of those slightly sad cases of a very good player who never got enough recognition because she played on a bad team.

Other key results:
  • A&M loses at Ole Miss, which probably knock the Aggies out of a hosting spot.
  • Auburn stages a furious 4th-quarter rally to beat Arkansas, keeping alive Auburn's at-large hopes.
  • Iowa also rallied in the 4th quarter to avoid a loss to Wisconsin, which could have been devastating to their resume.
  • Northwestern loses to Purdue, likely ending NW's tournament hopes as they have faded badly in the latter half of conference play.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Creme now tweets: "Full bracket coming tomorrow, but some notables. #1's in order: UConn, Notre Dame, Baylor, SC. A&M's chance to host all but gone. TN up to a No. 6 seed. Last 4 in stay same Iowa St, Virginia, Indiana, Auburn"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom