Sunday March 19 games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sunday March 19 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was hack-a-Brink for a few stretches. But Cameron got away with a few fouls, too, like that last block which looked good up high but she did end up landing on the player. I think that counts as getting her with the body.

And the floor in front of the Stanford bench seemed exceptionally slick this evening. Lots of players slipped and fell there. And I won’t even bother mentioning the two push-off calls that should have been whistled on Jones in the closing minutes. Even as the replay showed it to us clear as day, the TV announcer says “you don’t call those in the 4th quarter.” In what universe???

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
That was my first time watching the Utah women play. Ever. Pili is a beast in the lane but Princeton did a pretty good job defending the Utes. The Tigers just didn't have enough shot-makers.

Pili and Reese battling in the lane will be something.
Utah from a Pac12 perspective: 1) What press they've gotten has mostly been about their offense, but I think today showed that that can win against a very good defensive team when their 3's aren't falling (they scored lots of points in the paint, and not just Pili); 2) they are also a much better team defensively than many suspect; and 3) everybody will be back next year (even though they're not in the Big10).

Reaction Score
guess the SEc is not so weak after all. Georgia also took Iowa to the limit. Tenn, Ole Miss, SC, LSU all could be in the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
Never seen a HOF coach perform so poorly. One of the two or three best arc shooters took four threes while the offense consisted of a post up and one on one moves. Seniors sat on the bench with no role to play. It was really hard to watch.

Reaction Score
Ugly, ugly basketball. Ole Miss shoots under 30% for the game and didnt make a basket the last 10 minutes!

That was one of the worst coached games by Tara. Her team wasnt ready mentally or physically. She's drawing up plays in the last minute that actually had her player stuck in the corner or throwing cross-court passes - playing right into Ole Miss' hands. How does her team get out-rebounded by a much smaller Ole Miss team? Besides Brink, that whole team underperformed this year.

Finally, I dont care if its a Tourney game. If its a foul, call it. If you "let them play", you're going to get rock-fights in this Tourney which no fan wants.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Hey, 36 of Stanford's 49 points came from TWO players. I don't know what's more embarrassing -- Stanford's overrated offense, or the geniuses who seeded them #1.

BTW, I didn't see Tara in the congrats line at the end. Did anybody spot her?

Yes she was shaking their hands.

Reaction Score
The refs are giving this game to Stanford. They don't see anything but the acting by Stanford..
Game's over and the refs didn't give it to Stanford. I saw it differently than you. Brink did flop that one time, but Oe Miss also hammered the Cardinal on a lot of shot attempts without a whistle. Neither team looked especially good to me.

Reaction Score
The problem is outside of SC, LSU under scheduled ridiculously bad, no one knew how good they were. TN over scheduled with a team not cohesive or together early pilled on losses. No one has a gage on how decent the SEC was outside of SC although teams like Ole Miss and Georgia came on very strong the last half of the year
Quite possibly true, SECbbfan24, but I wouldn't get too excited about Georgia. Another season or two dealing with Coach Abe's thuggery tactics and you'll wish she never came to the SEC.

Reaction Score
Instead of ppl complaining about Stanford being a 1 seed, it should be why was Ole miss an 8 seed. Shoulda beaten SC in Oxford, they can beat Iowa too
If both Iowa and Ole Miss get to that game... it could just as easily be Duke vs. Texas.

Reaction Score
Quite possibly true, SECbbfan24, but I wouldn't get too excited about Georgia. Another season or two dealing with Coach Abe's thuggery tactics and you'll wish she never came to the SEC.
I don’t know much about coach Abe as a person but I didn’t enjoy her teams antics against lsu at the SECT. LSU was up 20+ points in the 4th quarter and they come out shoving our players hard to the ground on non basketball type plays the entire quarter. Some very questionable and dirty plays.

I was surprised we didn’t leave the arena in full body casts

Reaction Score
Hey, 36 of Stanford's 49 points came from TWO players. I don't know what's more embarrassing -- Stanford's overrated offense, or the geniuses who seeded them #1.

BTW, I didn't see Tara in the congrats line at the end. Did anybody spot her?
She was there, likely grudgingly.

Reaction Score
I don’t know much about coach Abe as a person but I didn’t enjoy her teams antics against lsu at the SECT. LSU was up 20+ points in the 4th quarter and they come out shoving our players hard to the ground on non basketball type plays the entire quarter. Some very questionable and dirty plays.

I was surprised we didn’t leave the arena in full body casts
Yup, I posted earlier that Iowa might have been fortunate to win today, but was also fortunate it didn't get maimed by Georgia. It's just sad to see the women's game devolve that way.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Do not EVER post another game thread on the Boneyard. You all know the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom