Sunday March 19 games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sunday March 19 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Instead of ppl complaining about Stanford being a 1 seed, it should be why was Ole miss an 8 seed. Shoulda beaten SC in Oxford, they can beat Iowa too

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Watching Stanford go down, I don’t think they made or even took a shot outside of 5’ during the entire 2nd half vs Ole Miss. Credit to MS for a great win. But you can’t win without guard play or outside shooters, and Stanford had neither.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I could write the same critique as before
Only it was Stanford this time, throwing the ball away
again and again in the last minute or so.

That's a #1?
(was)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The SEC underachieves in the tournament for years after looking strong in the regular season, now they look mediocre the entire regular season and tear up the NCAA tournament. 10-3 so far, with Tennessee heavily favored to make it 11-3 tomorrow. Funny how these things work.

Reaction Score
I said before Ole Miss is dangerous. Stanford has not been very good last month or so. Not sure what’s up with that, but not surprised. Congrats Ole Miss!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Watching Ole Miss vs. Gonzaga, I was worried for Stanford. For good reason apparently. Gotta be considered a somewhat disappointing season. They should've been better.

Reaction Score
No team has lost on their home court. All 1, 2, 3, 4 still going. This is a boring tournament.

I watched a bit of the Notre Dame: Mississippi State game. An exciting mud-wrestling contest. Miss the basket, slog down the court and miss another basket.

Please, can we have some real basketball tomorrow.

This did not age well :)

Stanford is gone!

Reaction Score
The SEC underachieves in the tournament for years after looking strong in the regular season, now they look mediocre the entire regular season and tear up the NCAA tournament. 10-3 so far, with Tennessee heavily favored to make it 11-3 tomorrow. Funny how these things work.
Hell and their losses aren't bad outside of Alabama who choked an 18 point lead to Baylor

Georgia and Miss St vastly overachieved and played down to the wire for possible sweet 16 appearances on the road

Reaction Score
Other notables:
Angel Reese: 29 points, 19.5 rebounds, 4.5 blocks, 3.5 assists, 3 steals
Caitlin Clark: 24 points and 12 assists per game
Reese is a very talented player. I watched this and the Utah game. I thought the refs were extremely deferential to Reese. At least 2 clear (to me) charges called blocks and several fouls not called on Reese including one where she whacked a player in the head. They looked to see if it was flagrant, but didn’t call a foul. Gotta do something about the quality of refs, although as in the Utah game, probably wouldn’t have affected who won.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Watching Stanford go down, I don’t think they made or even took a shot outside of 5’ during the entire 2nd half vs Ole Miss. Credit to MS for a great win. But you can’t win without guard play or outside shooters.
Many of us said that Stanford didn't have the guards to replace the Hull sisters and Wilson.

That said, it was Haley Jones who made critical errors down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Watching Stanford go down, I don’t think they made or even took a shot outside of 5’ during the entire 2nd half vs Ole Miss. Credit to MS for a great win. But you can’t win without guard play or outside shooters, and Stanford had neither.
Ole Miss definitely underanked. But I think Stanford wins this game going away if they could make layups. At the end, Hayley Jones single handedly lost this one trying to force it on her own. Why they didn’t get it to Brink is unfathomable. So many missed bunnies. They deserved to lose with that performance.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Many of us said that Stanford didn't have the guards to replace the Hull sisters and Wilson.

That said, it was Haley Jones who made critical errors down the stretch.
I agree--and not just for ball handling, since Lexi did turn the ball over a bit, but for their (the Hull twins') intensity (especially Lexi) and the fact that Lexi's fearlessness took a lot of pressure (I believe) off Jones.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
we’ll know Haley Jones’ decision in 48 hours
I don't think she can stay another year at Stanford, although she could, I suppose, go elsewhere as a grad transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom