Sunday games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sunday games

Reaction Score
Lol, I’m just meddling because he was trolling me and exclaiming that St had no weaknesses and saying “wait til Sunday.”

Good lord. Haha. Oregon was just a better team than us this year. They had a complete team, and we had a weak outside game. We choked away our chance last year, and you're never guaranteed to get another one.

Reaction Score
No idea why she is coming out high every time on the switch. She's 6-7 and a big 6-7...stay in the paint and make bthem beat you with midrange jumpers. Hebard hasnt proven she can hit them today.
If I’m him, I’m would have been watching Oregon State - Oregon game. I thought they did a really nice job defending it (at least in game 2), despite having Jo Grymek who doesn’t move well.

Reaction Score
Really good game by Oregon. I think the "home court" helped, but it shouldn't take away from what a really, really good game they played.

They just had a better team than us this year. We also didn't play a difficult schedule, so we could cover up some of our weaknesses in conference play.

Reaction Score
Good lord. Haha. Oregon was just a better team than us this year. They had a complete team, and we had a weak outside game. We choked away our chance last year, and you're never guaranteed to get another one.
Your outside game wasn't weak today, though. I would argue Vic just didn't look for it--AEH and Scott were both hitting on the outside, but he kept running that weave and forcing it inside. The whole game could've been different if AEH had more than 9 shot attempts. Scott had 6 shot attempts (made 2/3 3s).

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Great game by both teams, and a great day for WBB in general! I think both fan bases should be very proud. I'd go on to say that it was a shame one of the teams had to lose--and I do believe that--but I'm also really glad it wasn't mine. And it's nice that Graves now seems to be getting the respect I believe he deserves. By his own admission, he's not a cerebral x's and o's guru, but he's a very fine coach nonetheless, and his teams have always played (in my view) the right kind of bb.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm really glad that Vic wasn't ultimately rewarded for playing such a soft schedule. It was bad enough that the committee gifted them a #1 seed. Hopefully this result will nudge him to schedule up in the nonconference rather than relying on wins over Tennessee and Arkansas to curry favor with the committee. After sporting his smug "I ate the canary" grin after the selection show, he was clearly due for some comeuppance.

Many of the MSU fans are classy and knowledgeable, and I appreciate them. Unfortunately for them, there was just enough of a critical mass of obnoxiousness among their peers to tip the karma balance against them.

Yes....karma was the reason they lost.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Can this day get any better. Calipari's KY team goes down to Auburn in OT. 77-71. :D:D:D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Can this day get any better. Calipari's KY team goes down to Auburn in OT. 77-71. :D:D:D
Eh, one used car salesman lost to another used car salesman. Kinda hard for me to get too excited for either team.

Will be pulling hard for the Hoos in the Final Four. But Auburn is peaking at the right time, and they've persevered through the loss of one of their best players to an ACL injury in the previous game.

Reaction Score
No bait Cox. Lauren's poor shot selection vs UCONN kept the Huskies in it longer than they should have. She missed at least 5-6 unguarded perimeter shots and didnt hit one. When Baylor actually ran an offense and went for higher percentage shots, they were effective.
No, Kim — she doesn’t take 5-6 unguarded perimeter shots by accident. She takes 1 or 2 and then gets yelled at by the coach.

This is as good a disciplined team as there is.

Reaction Score
I'm really glad that Vic wasn't ultimately rewarded for playing such a soft schedule. It was bad enough that the committee gifted them a #1 seed. Hopefully this result will nudge him to schedule up in the nonconference rather than relying on wins over Tennessee and Arkansas to curry favor with the committee. After sporting his smug "I ate the canary" grin after the selection show, he was clearly due for some comeuppance.

Many of the MSU fans are classy and knowledgeable, and I appreciate them. Unfortunately for them, there was just enough of a critical mass of obnoxiousness among their peers to tip the karma balance against them.
A bunch of internet fans aren’t enough to tip the karmic balance.

The spirits he disturbed in Aggieland during Anriel’s recruitment, however ...

;)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Eh, one used car salesman lost to another used car salesman. Kinda hard for me to get too excited for either team.

Will be pulling hard for the Hoos in the Final Four. But Auburn is peaking at the right time, and they've persevered through the loss of one of their best players to an ACL injury in the previous game.

If both coaches are sketchy, I'm at least glad to see another first time entry to the Final 4. Two this year. Nice to see some fresh blood. Add Virginia and this is very much not your typical Final 4 w/ the usual Blue Bloods or teams just below Blue Blood status. The last game will give us one of the usual suspects, but 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Oregon on your first Final Four. You earned it. Sabrina was outstanding and Satou was the difference. Very proud of my team, just wish it would have ended in Tampa.

I love Vic and hope he's our coach for a LONG time. And I think he'll win at least 1 national championship one day as a head coach (hopefully for MSU). But I cannot for the life of me understand why someone who is called the "Minister of Defense" didn't adjust to take away the screen and roll in the middle of the floor. It's Oregon's bread and butter and we didn't make any adjustment to force them to do something different. If we'd have gone zone, matchup, put T in the paint and everyone else man up, etc. and lost I would be okay with it. Just headscratching that he used a zone against Marquette earlier this year, but wouldn't try it today. If OU hits 10 more 3s against the zone, shake their hands. But try SOMETHING. Frustrating.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Congrats to Oregon on your first Final Four. You earned it. Sabrina was outstanding and Satou was the difference. Very proud of my team, just wish it would have ended in Tampa.

I love Vic and hope he's our coach for a LONG time. And I think he'll win at least 1 national championship one day as a head coach (hopefully for MSU). But I cannot for the life of me understand why someone who is called the "Minister of Defense" didn't adjust to take away the screen and roll in the middle of the floor. It's Oregon's bread and butter and we didn't make any adjustment to force them to do something different. If we'd have gone zone, matchup, put T in the paint and everyone else man up, etc. and lost I would be okay with it. Just headscratching that he used a zone against Marquette earlier this year, but wouldn't try it today. If OU hits 10 more 3s against the zone, shake their hands. But try SOMETHING. Frustrating.

Oregon can score in too many ways. Our guards aren't equipped to win in a shootout when Oregon forces us to go there in addition to piling so many other points from all spots today.

Reaction Score
It's a valid point. Teams hosting 1st and 2nd round games is also extremely unfair. But WCBB needs all the help it can get to boost attendance, so truly neutral locations and predetermined 1st/2nd round sites likely leads to poorly attended games.
Agree, you only had to see all the empty seats in Greensboro vs the other 3 sites to realize you need local teams to draw the fans. I think the regional sites selection need to consider what is good for the game and both the Albany and Portland sites drew in the fans and that is good for the game.

Reaction Score
A bunch of internet fans aren’t enough to tip the karmic balance.

The spirits he disturbed in Aggieland during Anriel’s recruitment, however ...

;)
Anriel decision to transfer was her own and nobody recruited her until after she made that decision. It appeared to me she made a wise decision and I expect she will be better off draft wise because of her decision.

Reaction Score
For all the stat nuts, what was the one key statistic that both victorious teams excelled at today?

Reaction Score
Anriel decision to transfer was her own and nobody recruited her until after she made that decision. It appeared to me she made a wise decision and I expect she will be better off draft wise because of her decision.

She wanted to compete for an NC, she got top 8 at least.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
For all the stat nuts, what was the one key statistic that both victorious teams excelled at today?
Scoring more points than the opposing team? As far as I'm concerned, the only stat that matters!

Less facetiously, seems like three-pointers were the difference in both games.

Reaction Score
Scoring more points than the opposing team? As far as I'm concerned, the only stat that matters!

Three pointers indeed.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score

Yeah.... 4-22 from 3s by Louisville. Surprised that game was even close.

Mississippi State didn't shoot badly, but they just didn't have as much shooters as Oregon did (AEH, and weren't enough attempts by Howard and Scott). Despite going 8-14, if I saw that line before the game I would've been sure we would've won.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t expect most here to get the reference, but Vic was the guest of honor at an local A&M club Muster gathering. Muster is a big deal here as an annual event to remember Aggies who died in the previous year.

Vic left early to get back to Starkville for Anriel’s recruiting visit.

And I did put a wink on my post.

Reaction Score
Miss St will be good next year. They have a lot coming back with Taylor
Next year y’all will be pretty good. Bibby is back, AEH, Promise Taylor, Carter, Scott, Wiggins and those freshman he recruited will contribute well imo. Young is from my neck of the woods (Louisiana), I think she is underrated.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t expect most here to get the reference, but Vic was the guest of honor at an local A&M club Muster gathering. Muster is a big deal here as an annual event to remember Aggies who died in the previous year.

Vic left early to get back to Starkville for Anriel’s recruiting visit.

And I did put a wink on my post.

You guys gave Notre Dame a huge run for their claim to dominance even without Anriel. Was really impressed how much you had your way offensively despite having far less known offensive threats than ND. You guys are going to compete from an SEC championship next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom