Sunday games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sunday games

Reaction Score
Well, I am UConn all the way now but if I trust my head rather than my heart, I expect Baylor to win it all.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Best game of the tournament so far, both teams left it all on the court. Box scores are ridiculous....incredible stat lines for many players (ex. Holmes with 15 points, 13 assists and 0 TO) and a hard fought game.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Congrats to the Ducks and their fans on a well-deserved win for their first trip to the Final Four!!

Condolences to the Mississippi State fans.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm really thrilled for Oregon. They really earned this win. It would've been devastating to lose for the 3rd year in a row in the Elite 8, and they showed a ton of grit in this win.

If you'd told me before the game that MSU would shoot 48% from the field and 57% from 3, I would've said Oregon is in trouble.

What a performance by Sabrina: 31 points on 12-20 shooting, 5-8 from the arc, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, and only 2 turnovers.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Oregon. They ran the better game plan.

Definitely on Vic. Should have had Scott and Hunter on floor to spread Oregon out most of the game. And he should have just dropped Tiera down in the post on D and kept her there. Too many easy layups.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon hung w/ MSU on the glass, actually outrebounded them by 1. Gave up 16 O boards but I'm sure MSU has grabbed more than that in other games. That's a big factor as well.

But yeah, the refusal to adjust on defense by Vic. How do you let your team go down like that? Everybody in the world can see it's not working, but gosh darn it let's just keep doing the same thing. Coaches are a strange breed.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
The scariest thing about Baylor is they (1), One, uno, 3 pointer against South Carolina and they had 93 points

This is true but they wont have a big size advantage like they did vs. SC. If Oregon plays a hard zone and baits Cox into taking perimeter shots they have a chance. Obviously Baylor has to win tomorrow first but we'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
2 seeds - 2 for 2
Home teams - 2 for 2

Not sure how to make it more fair other than saying no team can go to their closest regional. But both 2’s definitely had a huge advantage from the crowds.

Reaction Score
I tried my best to prepare him, but it all fell on deaf ears.
Lol, I’m just meddling because he was trolling me and exclaiming that St had no weaknesses and saying “wait til Sunday.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Baylor wins it will be very interesting to see if Oregon can bait Cox or Brown into a tough spot defensively like they did McCowan.

Hello. Oregon needs to get by UConn first. :rolleyes:

bballnut90

Reaction Score
2 seeds - 2 for 2
Home teams - 2 for 2

Part of me thinks homecourt for a lower seeded team is extremely unfair, but both crowds today were massive which is good for the game. Honestly Stanford should've been in Portland considering they were a stronger 2 than Oregon but youd miss out on a big crowd like that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Honestly Stanford should've been in Portland considering they were a stronger 2 than Oregon but youd miss out on a big crowd like that.

That's debatable. Almost identical records. Oregon won the conference regular season and demolished Stanford by 40 at Maples. Stanford won the rematch in the conference tourney. I don't think conference tourney should take precedence over everything else that occurs during the season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I spent all this time making the point that Oregon's first win over Miss St. was not a fluke.

So Ducks, I am going to need a better effort from y'all!

Well played, Ducks. I feel smart again!

After last year vs. ND, Oregon were more ready for the moment this time.

And it doesn't hurt that Ionescu is the absolute truth.

I go back and forth on who should be NPOY based on whether I've watched Ionescu or Gustafson most recently.

Reaction Score
This is true but they wont have a big size advantage like they did vs. SC. If Oregon plays a hard zone and baits Cox into taking perimeter shots they have a chance. Obviously Baylor has to win tomorrow first but we'll see what happens.
Baits Cox ? You mean baits Kim.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Part of me thinks homecourt for a lower seeded team is extremely unfair, but both crowds today were massive which is good for the game.

It's a valid point. Teams hosting 1st and 2nd round games is also extremely unfair. But WCBB needs all the help it can get to boost attendance, so truly neutral locations and predetermined 1st/2nd round sites likely leads to poorly attended games.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Part of me thinks homecourt for a lower seeded team is extremely unfair, but both crowds today were massive which is good for the game. Honestly Stanford should've been in Portland considering they were a stronger 2 than Oregon but youd miss out on a big crowd like that.
I don't agree. Oregon still had a stronger resume than Stanford.

Reaction Score
Really good game by Oregon. I think the "home court" helped, but it shouldn't take away from what a really, really good game they played.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
That's debatable. Almost identical records. Oregon won the conference regular season and demolished Stanford by 40 at Maples. Stanford won the rematch in the conference tourney. I don't think conference tourney should take precedence over everything else that occurs during the season.

Regardless everyone knew Oregon was a lock for Portland even if they deserved to be there over a team like Stanford or not. Same with UCONN in Albany....they couldve lost 3-4 more games and would've been in Albany as a lower seed.

Last edited:

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Baits Cox ? You mean baits Kim.

No bait Cox. Lauren's poor shot selection vs UCONN kept the Huskies in it longer than they should have. She missed at least 5-6 unguarded perimeter shots and didnt hit one. When Baylor actually ran an offense and went for higher percentage shots, they were effective.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

I'd add that the title game loss was the third in 3 days and Hebard has an injured knee that is reportedly very painful and keeps her from being the player she was before the injury (and it really showed in the title game, as it did today); Oregon had recently lost its first player off the bench; and Cazorla was recovering from the flu. I don't think there's much question that Oregon is the best team in the Pac 12 this year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm really glad that Vic wasn't ultimately rewarded for playing such a soft schedule. It was bad enough that the committee gifted them a #1 seed. Hopefully this result will nudge him to schedule up in the nonconference rather than relying on wins over Tennessee and Arkansas to curry favor with the committee. After sporting his smug "I ate the canary" grin after the selection show, he was clearly due for some comeuppance.

Many of the MSU fans are classy and knowledgeable, and I appreciate them. Unfortunately for them, there was just enough of a critical mass of obnoxiousness among their peers to tip the karma balance against them.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom