Sunday games | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sunday games

Reaction Score
Miss St will be good next year. They have a lot coming back with Taylor

Next year y’all will be pretty good. Bibby is back, AEH, Promise Taylor, Carter, Scott, Wiggins and those freshman he recruited will contribute well imo. Young is from my neck of the woods (Louisiana), I think she is underrated.
Me too, if she is recuperate from the knee injuries she will be the surprise of the recruiting year.

Reaction Score
You guys gave Notre Dame a huge run for their claim to dominance even without Anriel. Was really impressed how much you had your way offensively despite having far less known offensive threats than ND. You guys are going to compete from an SEC championship next year.

I believe they will be a national power, Carter is a generational player. No injuries and A&M will be really good.

Reaction Score
Miss St will be good next year. They have a lot coming back with Taylor

Next year y’all will be pretty good. Bibby is back, AEH, Promise Taylor, Carter, Scott, Wiggins and those freshman he recruited will contribute well imo. Young is from my neck of the woods (Louisiana), I think she is underrated.

Blows my mind LSU didn't even give her a look. She had a great senior year this year.

I think the question comes in is the post play for Miss St. Replacing Howard and McCowan will be very difficult. Bibby and AEH return but it will be interesting to see how Promise does in the post. They did sign their best freshman class ever but as true freshmen, its a big learning curve. I am assuming they add a transfer post player this offseason, from the rumblings that I have heard. They will need Wiggins, Taylor and Carter to develop a lot this offseason. Rickea Jackson will definitely be playing immediately.

AEH showed a lot of promise to end the year. The girl can shoot but will need to continue to work on her defense and try to be more involved with rebounding.

What will be interesting is what Tennessee looks like next year if they hire a proper coach... SC should be really good. Kentucky should be solid with a lot of returners (mainly Howard) and those transfers.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I believe they will be a national power, Carter is a generational player. No injuries and A&M will be really good.

I always underestimate them because whenever they play us, they always get drummed so my perspective is limited to what I see in our games, but I wonder if Texas A&M can play and beat Oregon. It'll be a shootout, Carter fires at will, and both teams will drain a blizzard of 3s.

Reaction Score
Mississippi St. has played really well. They would've beaten plenty of teams today. I'm glad that Oregon is playing the way they are capable of today. They lost their mojo a bit down the stretch.
They lost Ruthy Hebard for a couple games down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Blows my mind LSU didn't even give her a look. She had a great senior year this year.

I think the question comes in is the post play for Miss St. Replacing Howard and McCowan will be very difficult. Bibby and AEH return but it will be interesting to see how Promise does in the post. They did sign their best freshman class ever but as true freshmen, its a big learning curve. I am assuming they add a transfer post player this offseason, from the rumblings that I have heard. They will need Wiggins, Taylor and Carter to develop a lot this offseason. Rickea Jackson will definitely be playing immediately.

AEH showed a lot of promise to end the year. The girl can shoot but will need to continue to work on her defense and try to be more involved with rebounding.

What will be interesting is what Tennessee looks like next year if they hire a proper coach... SC should be really good. Kentucky should be solid with a lot of returners (mainly Howard) and those transfers.
With Vic being the coach he is, all those players will go from scoring 2, 3, 4 points a game to 12, 13,14, 15 points a game. It happens every year. Holmes, Danberry, and Bibby this year. Johnson, McCowan, his daughter the year before that.

Yes, the SEC will be interesting next year. It’s going to be dog fight between ST, SC, and Tx AM imo.

I personally feel Walz is going to take the Tenn job. News just doesn’t come out of the blue like that and not end up being ultimately true. So I expect them to be better next year.

And LSU didn’t give her a look because “look” who’s at helm of the team’s misery. She just needs to go. LSU has the program and fan base to recruit, but she doesn’t have the ability to match it. It hasn’t been the same since Van Chancellor/Pokey Chatman. She just needs to fired.

Reaction Score
With Vic being the coach he is, all those players will go from scoring 2, 3, 4 points a game to 12, 13,14, 15 points a game. It happens every year. Holmes, Danberry, and Bibby this year. Johnson, McCowan, his daughter the year before that.

That is pretty true. He is pretty good with getting dramatic amounts of production in one offseason.

Curious what that lineup will look like next year. Promise should definitely be starting.

Reaction Score
He certainly has some really underrated freshmen coming in. I like Matharu's game a lot. She played really, really good in 2 of the 3 games vs. SJC. I don't think it will happen, but I wouldn't be shocked if she stepped in if Myah Taylor doesn't take a big step. The 2/3/4 will be good with AEH, Bibby, and Rickea Jackson, and Wiggins and Scott will provide good depth there. Promise and Jessika should be ready too. They will have no seniors on next years squad, so this will certainly be their down year.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
That is pretty true. He is pretty good with getting dramatic amounts of production in one offseason.

Curious what that lineup will look like next year. Promise should definitely be starting.

He has some options to go to for Center. Either Promise, Jessika, or that Juco transfer from Arizona. So maybe with that surplus of options, we might find a really good Center next year.

I think Myah is definitely gonna be starting point guard though. Vic is determined to make her the next Morgan William. And the other spots should be logically taken by Scott, AEH, and Bibby. AEH needs a little bit more time to learn the overall Vic Schaefer style of play, but Bre'Amber seems to know it the best, imo. She's been here a while though.

Reaction Score
He has some options to go to for Center. Either Promise, Jessika, or that Juco transfer from Arizona. So maybe with that surplus of options, we might find a really good Center next year.

I think Myah is definitely gonna be starting point guard though. Vic is determined to make her the next Morgan William. And the other spots should be logically taken by Scott, AEH, and Bibby. AEH needs a little bit more time to learn the overall Vic Schaefer style of play, but Bre'Amber seems to know it the best, imo. She's been here a while though.

I like Taylor a lot. Sometimes she got a little turnover prone this season but her defense is superb. I don't think Vic will worry much on that end but she will have to develop offensively with her shot. Watching her this season, she air mailed a lot of shots and it seemed like she had no touch on any of her shots. Maybe they can fix that this offseason.

I think Scott is a much better overall defensively for this system but AEH's shooting definitely is something that can be a game changer for y'all. I did notice more individual moves from her and that nice step back 3 to end the year. I think Promise has the edge at center considering she has been through a season of SEC play already and has performed well.

What will be interesting is what they plan on doing with those freshmen. Jackson is definitely good enough to start day one but will have to polish up on a few things but I know y'all are really gonna like her length. Matharu is interesting to me. She is a very pure shooter from all levels and her ability to create IMO is what got her recruited.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I think Myah is definitely gonna be starting point guard though. Vic is determined to make her the next Morgan William. And the other spots should be logically taken by Scott, AEH, and Bibby. AEH needs a little bit more time to learn the overall Vic Schaefer style of play, but Bre'Amber seems to know it the best, imo. She's been here a while though...
Don't sleep on Martinez being a contributing big next season. She a little undersized but a ton of skill. Who is the JUCO center from Arizona?

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t expect most here to get the reference, but Vic was the guest of honor at an local A&M club Muster gathering. Muster is a big deal here as an annual event to remember Aggies who died in the previous year.

Vic left early to get back to Starkville for Anriel’s recruiting visit.

And I did put a wink on my post.
Whatever happened to Phat McElroy, a recruit from a few years ago for A&M?

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Martinez being a contributing big next season. She a little undersized but a ton of skill. Who is the JUCO center from Arizona?

Yemiyah Morris. 6'6" center from Cochise College. Vic made a quick trip to the NJCAA Tournament to watch her before the NCAA tourney started.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just read that Taja Cole from Georgia (PG) is planning to grad-transfer. That will be at least her 3rd school. Wasn't she at Louisville before going to Georgia?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yemiyah Morris. 6'6" center from Cochise College. Vic made a quick trip to the NCJAA Tournament to watch her before the NCAA tourney started.
Thanks.

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to Phat McElroy, a recruit from a few years ago for A&M?
She never made it into school at A&M for her freshman year.. She just disappeared from the roster. It looks like she wound up at Trinity Valley Community College.

That recruiting class was not great, to say the least. McElroy was the highest rated by recruiting services as a 4 star and she was gone before the first Fall practice. There were 3 other guards: Jasmine Williams and Aahliyah Jackson are still with the team. After Aaliyah Wilson's knee injury, they were in a 3 way competition with Jada Walton to be the first guard off the bench, where Walton ended up being the one who started when Carter couldn't play in the SEC tourney. Rakell Spencer is with LSU.

Reaction Score
She never made it into school at A&M for her freshman year.. She just disappeared from the roster. It looks like she wound up at Trinity Valley Community College.

That recruiting class was not great, to say the least. McElroy was the highest rated by recruiting services as a 4 star and she was gone before the first Fall practice. There were 3 other guards: Jasmine Williams and Aahliyah Jackson are still with the team. After Aaliyah Wilson's knee injury, they were in a 3 way competition with Jada Walton to be the first guard off the bench, where Walton ended up being the one who started when Carter couldn't play in the SEC tourney. Rakell Spencer is with LSU.
Which means that next year she will be at a University. I wonder where.

Reaction Score

She’s going to West Virginia.
Twitter

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom