Sunday Feb. 17 non-UConn games | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Sunday Feb. 17 non-UConn games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kansas State led Texas by 1 at the half, but Texas has opened 3Q on a 16-3 run to take control of the game.

Reaction Score
K State gets hot from 3 and closes it to 1 at the end of 3. I have yet to see Texas string together consecutive decent quarters this season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That was a wild 3rd quarter. Texas raced out to a 14-point lead in mid-3Q but then K-State stormed back and Kayla Goth hit a buzzer-beater 3-point to cut the lead back to 1, which is right where they started after the half.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
K State gets hot from 3 and closes it to 1 at the end of 3. I have yet to see Texas string together consecutive decent quarters this season.

Game is being played on MSG for NYC folks.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
All due respect, let me edit your statement above: “seeing as there’s is no love lost between (fill in any team) and Mizzou”. I mean name me one team that doesn’t despise the way Mizzou plays and the way Cunningham behaves? Just sayin :cool:
I cannot understand why a team would not want to play Mizzou. They are challenging, and Sophie is a test for any ball player worth her salt. I would love to have had Sophie play for UConn today against UCF. They would not have been so anxious to beat up on Lou with Sophie on the floor! Just sayin;):cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Today must be a record for the number of close games. :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
K-State is playing well this game, and Texas has struggled a lot on offense.

Charli Collier is contributing this game. She has 12 points and just hit a 3-pointer (!) to put Texas up by 1 with 6:00 to play.

Reaction Score
The title of the thread could have been Miami beats Notre Dame and Louisville...

Reaction Score
Can the powerhouse of Vanderbilt upset the highly touted LSU tigers today?

I am not sure how Stephanie white is the coach. They are awful

Plebe

Reaction Score
Can the powerhouse of Vanderbilt upset the highly touted LSU tigers today?

I am not sure how Stephanie white is the coach. They are awful
She was widely considered a home-run hire when she got the job. Just sayin'...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When Chiney asked if this pushes Louisville off the #1 line., they were informed that Creme says no. That is strange to me. :confused:

Reaction Score
She was widely considered a home-run hire when she got the job. Just sayin'...

Well it doesn't seem to be working out

Her team looks like they have never dribbled a ball before. They literally had like 8 turnovers in a row lol

Demoss looks like she is about to punch white, its interesting to watch

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas has looked awful in the 4th quarter and K-State is playing loose and free. A 24% 3-point shooter for KSU drilled one and on the other end Texas can hardly buy a field goal.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Got to admit, Walz is a good dude. Was very gracious (hugging) with the opposing coach in the hand shake line.

Meier is the most gracious coach in the ACC in my opinion... possibly in the nation. Im definitely a fan of hers... would love to see her return home.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas misses two layups and then commits a foul on the rebound. K-State is up by 8 with 1:30 to play.
Texas = dreadful.

Reaction Score
Got to admit, Walz is a good dude. Was very gracious (hugging) with the opposing coach in the hand shake line.
Tv said they were good friends and talked strategy all the time on the phone

Reaction Score
I really think this is the most unbelievable comeback I've ever seen in the women's game.

Utah led ASU 58-40 with 8 minutes to play.
Utah would fail to score another point.
ASU finishes on a 20-0 run to win by 2.

Unbelievable.
Totally devastating to Utah. It's their 6th loss in a row. Unless they do something special in the Pac-12 tournament, I don't see them getting a bid.

Miracle is the word! I just got back from the game and it was unbelievable. ASU as the previous poster on this thread said was offensively-challenged while Utah played very well on the road and for 3 quarters and 1 minute and 58 seconds ASU was completely out of the game. Then as you indicate Utah didn't score the last 8 minutes 9 seconds of the game. It was unbelievable. It was a combination of lockdown ASU defense and Utah taking the air out of the ball. Could not believe the win. Robbie Ryan who is my favorite player on the team hits the clutch 3 with 13 seconds left to tie. We get the ball back and Courtney Ekmark is fouled on a 3-point shot with .9 seconds left.she makes two of the three. With point six seconds left Utah inbounds the ball can't get a shot off. I can't believe this win. Utah has the Washington schools at home next week so they should win those two games as well as one game in the tournament. Utah still makes the tournament probably is a 10 or a 12 seed. ASU really needed this win. We remain in fourth place and if we can upset either Stanford or Oregon we should be able to hold on to this for spot.If not we play on the first day of the Pac-12 tournament and then we'll have to face UCLA not an enviable task as well as they're playing.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Okay I seriously do not understand Aston's timeout strategy.

She has called 2 timeouts in 4Q -- both of them immediately after *her* team hit a 3.

But when her team was being outscored something like 12-4, she does nothing.

Reaction Score
My thought as I watched that was that he already got his when he finally beat Geno. Could be some what of a let down. Maybe they’re not as hungry after that. Just a thought.
We are so used to this level of excellence, that we forget how hard it is to reach that level, but also once you’ve done it, to sustain it. Sports is full of examples of “shooting stars”, flashing across the horizon for their moment.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Westbrook blows an easy layup. Missouri has 7 seconds left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom