Sunday Feb. 17 non-UConn games | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Sunday Feb. 17 non-UConn games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I can't ever recall this much parity in WBB; could we finally be there?
It sure does feel like there are more upsets this year than in previous years.

I also can't remember a single year when the top 6 teams seemed more or less equal to each other.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Miami shot 55% overall and 75% from behind the arc. They climbed their way out of a 1st quarter deficit and won it with a strong 4th quarter - at Louisville!

This is why I’m predicting upsets in every round of the tournament this year.

Reaction Score
I'll remember that comment.
One day you'll be glad you did, and beating UConn will be SOOOO sweet! It WILL happen - just ask Jeff Walz.

But, until then, "parity" will not have actually quite arrived.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Well, speaking as one of those West Coast fans, that "mainstay" turns me off of watching ESPN Pac-12 hoops altogether. Walton is like the epitome of the indulged and entitled baby boomer: he does what he wants, says what he wants, and doesn't care one iota about courtesy towards others, because 30 years ago he did something great, and somehow he thinks that gives him carte blanche to disregard everybody else and make literally zero effort.

Give him a break -- he is still recovering from UCLA losing to NC State in the 1974 national championship game. (Just ask him about it -- he'll spend 5 minutes talking about there was no way NC State was the better team).

Reaction Score
Ugh. Really??

Geno must really think Griffin is special, after the experiences he had with Chong & AEH. Hope he's right. If I were him I'd have already been done with habitually underperforming Ossining players.

Gee, I guess then Geno wasn't happy with a player (Chong) who played on 3 National Championship Teams while at UCONN and was drafted by the WNBA? Ans, despite a number of Boneyarders opinions, it appears that AEH is beginning to round into the player, at Mississippi State that Geno recruited at UCONN. I believe the Coach Ricci at Ossining is doing a pretty decent job developing Division 1 players. Just look at the players coming out of that High School alone. Do your homework first before making such a statement, concerning Ossining.

Reaction Score
Give him a break -- he is still recovering from UCLA losing to NC State in the 1974 national championship game. (Just ask him about it -- he'll spend 5 minutes talking about there was no way NC State was the better team).
Bill Walton is one of the most ridiculous commentators out there. At least Dickie V ATTEMPTS to be somewhat objective, and at least he obviously loves to promote top performers in college basketball.
Walton doesn’t even try and be objective—he just spouts UCLA and PAC 12 propaganda half the time, and the other half lectures the game or kids about the good old days. He comes off as one of the most entitled people on TV. I really dislike listening to him.

Reaction Score
Bill Walton is one of the most ridiculous commentators out there. At least Dickie V ATTEMPTS to be somewhat objective, and at least he obviously loves to promote top performers in college basketball.
Walton doesn’t even try and be objective—he just spouts UCLA and PAC 12 propaganda half the time, and the other half lectures the game or kids about the good old days. He comes off as one of the most entitled people on TV. I really dislike listening to him.

Walton is flat out the worst of the worst. Dickie and Bobby Knight are/were awful. But Walton sounds like he is on Lithium and housed at the Institute for the Criminally I upnsane. He rambles, creates word salads and is literally painful to listen. I WILL NOT listen to a game he is broadcasting.

Reaction Score
Walton is flat out the worst of the worst. Dickie and Bobby Knight are/were awful. But Walton sounds like he is on Lithium and housed at the Institute for the Criminally I upnsane. He rambles, creates word salads and is literally painful to listen. I WILL NOT listen to a game he is broadcasting.

"Criminally Insane."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger