Sunday - CCSU | The Boneyard

Sunday - CCSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So I made the mistake of going to the Central-Brown game this afternoon.

This is by far and away the worst Central team since I started following them pretty closely back in the late 90s.

Lenehan would play legitimate minutes for them. They started a walk-on today (Andrade) against Brown.

Mobley is a very good NEC player. Peel can play against other guys who are 6'6. Cumberlander is passable.

Without Vinales and McMillan they are strikingly bad. If UConn puts an effort into stopping Mobley, there is almost no way Central can score.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
So I made the mistake of going to the Central-Brown game this afternoon.

This is by far and away the worst Central team since I started following them pretty closely back in the late 90s.

Lenehan would play legitimate minutes for them. They started a walk-on today (Andrade) against Brown.

Mobley is a very good NEC player. Peel can play against other guys who are 6'6. Cumberlander is passable.

Without Vinales and McMillan they are strikingly bad. If UConn puts an effort into stopping Mobley, there is almost no way Central can score.

At least the hot dogs were free and they gave out holiday ornaments.

(I was also in attendance and yes they are really bad/no bench)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At least the hot dogs were free and they gave out holiday ornaments.

(I was also in attendance and yes they are really bad/no bench)

And not in the sense that they don't have good players on the bench. They don't actually have players on the bench to substitute.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Poor CCSU. Program had some momentum in the early 2000's just not enough interest to justify any real investment into it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My mom asked me tonight if Central was a big rival. Of course she also thought UCONN was the team in the "pretty light blue" uniforms tonight.
I'll never forget the time when I was still a UConn student, home for break and shooting a few baskets in the driveway. My stepmother was taking out the garbage and she saw me hit a couple shots. Unintentional comedy ensued:

Mom: "Hey, that's pretty good! Have you thought about trying out for the team at school?"

Me: "Hehehe...well...um...no, Mom; they're....hehehe...like really good...hehehe..."

Mom: "Now that's just the type of attitude that keeps people from doing the things they want to do! You should go for it! You'll never know unless you try!"

Me: "Um...hehehe...I don't think you understand..."

Mom: "Well, I think you're good enough, and that you should think about it."

Me: "Ummm, okay...what's for dinner?"

Reaction Score
Maybe I can transfer and walk-on.
Too many games against poor teams aren't good for players, coaches, fans, or the team when it comes to NCAA selection and seeding (remember SMU last year).

Reaction Score
SureUOTE="Louis, post: 1174967, member: 5738"]Too many games against poor teams aren't good for players, coaches, fans, or the team when it comes to NCAA selection and seeding (remember SMU last year).[/QUOTE]
Sure if you have to many of these games. Right now I'm thinking this could be good for us. Rest Boat, give Omar some valuable court time, give the Rock some experience and work on some things for Temple and getting a win.

Reaction Score
This game comes at a good time. I feel for CCSU and Howie for sure but everyone either needs some rest or to work on some things moving forward. Perfect timing after Christmas too. They've had a strange schedule in the fact they've played a couple of tough games after long breaks already, without the cupcake tune up in between. They deserve this!

Reaction Score
I honestly thought Howie was going to fare better at Central. It would be great if they could be good

Reaction Score
I honestly thought Howie was going to fare better at Central. It would be great if they could be good
Hard to do when your facilities are worse than most high schools. They can't attract any level of talent when they weight train in a glorified utility closet in the basement of what might be the worst D1 basketball gym in the country. What Howie has done is actually really impressive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hard to do when your facilities are worse than most high schools. They can't attract any level of talent when they weight train in a glorified utility closet in the basement of what might be the worst D1 basketball gym in the country. What Howie has done is actually really impressive.

Nobody's really sure but they don't seem to be funding all the scholarships either.

They have fallen so far behind in facilities against even the NEC it feels a bit hopeless.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Let's hope this one can be a confidence builder for our bigs.

Reaction Score
Nobody's really sure but they don't seem to be funding all the scholarships either.

They have fallen so far behind in facilities against even the NEC it feels a bit hopeless.

It's mind boggling how they upgraded all of their outdoor facilities while completely neglecting the building that houses it's best sport and athletic department. They should have used the momentum from the 06-07 run because the buzz around that program at the time was for real.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's mind boggling how they upgraded all of their outdoor facilities while completely neglecting the building that houses it's best sport and athletic department. They should have used the momentum from the 06-07 run because the buzz around that program at the time was for real.

The teams from 98-02 were legitimately good. They got screwed going to play Pitt at the Igloo.

They would have been ok this year if they had Vinales and McMillon.

Watching Monmouth and Quinnipiac move on has been brutal.

Even getting into America East would have been a huge improvement - but Hartford has been their version of BC.

I love Howie, it sucks watching him go out like this. The team is borderline unwatchable - they aren't even competitive most nights.

It feels a lot like going to UConn football games the past few seasons. Used to be so much fun - now it feels like an obligation at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom