Sunday 3/19 NCAAT games | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Sunday 3/19 NCAAT games

Reaction Score
It was eerily similar to the play that Achonwa hurt her knee on in 2014. Just a routine catch of an innocuous pass while down-cutting.
Was just about to say the same thing.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Bri sitting next to Patberg on the bench. Perhaps comparing notes on who is more snakebitten.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
For both Turner and Gray (SC), if there's uncertainty (or not?), I would think that they would be wrapped in ice to avoid swelling, regardless of severity of injury?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Bri sitting next to Patberg on the bench. Perhaps comparing notes on who is more snakebitten.
Didnt see an ice bag or a brace on Turner, just her regular knee pads. That might be a positive, not sure.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Didnt see an ice bag or a brace on Turner, just her regular knee pads. That might be a positive, not sure.
No crutches? Walking without limping?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In the Oregon State-Creighton game, the refs are doing a really nice job. They letting the ticky tack stuff go so the game has a nice flow. It probably helps that it's not a physical game, for the most part, or not overly so.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
No crutches? Walking without limping?

If I recall correctly, people have unknowingly finished games on torn ACLs. Could be serious but not cause her to limp.

I know Patberg said that she thought it was minor when she tore hers and that she pleaded to be allowed to return to practice.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In the Oregon State-Creighton game, the refs are doing a really nice job. They letting the Ricky tack stuff go so the game has a nice flow. It probably helps that it's not a physical game, for the most part, or not overly so.
What? Praise for the officiating? I thought that was against the rules ...

Plebe

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, people have unknowingly finished games on torn ACLs. Could be serious but not cause her to limp.

I know Patberg said that she thought it was minor when she tore hers and that she pleaded to be allowed to return to practice.
I mean, this is true but the video clearly shows her knee buckling inward. It's very hard for me to imagine that happening without significant ligament damage. But let's hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
When she first sat up after the fall, she didn't seem to be in too much pain. Same when she returned to the bench, she was even smiling at one point. Maybe it was just a good twist and nothing was torn.

Reaction Score
Can you suggest for the board who should have been in our bracket such that we wouldn't have cause to worry?

UConn vulnerabilities are well documented. Geno made it explicit a few days ago when asked what could derail UConn along the way. One thing he cited was the set of referees. That would be true at any point along the way from now on.
Haha. Geno referenced a set of men's referees, so as not to piss off any particular women's referees that might get assigned to his game. Being ever-so-politically-correct, and all... :p

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow, Purdue has cut the lead to 2.

Mabrey missed a short jumper but ND got the rebound. Muffet calls TO.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I am so feeling for you man. I ain't damn fair. I hate to see any of these young ladies injured and this one stinks.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Whoa, Ogunbowale's shot rolls off and then Westbeld fouls out. WHOA.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Man with Coates injured and Davis now looking bad I was really hoping against all hope all year for a UConn/SC final. Today my hopes went to ND. Now I guess Baylor, although crushing Frese is tugging at my heart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom