Sunday 2/12 games; TAMU Over TN (merged threads) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sunday 2/12 games; TAMU Over TN (merged threads)

Reaction Score
Tennessee, as only they can, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by going the last 9 minutes and 20 seconds of the game without a field goal !
They lost by 2 thanks to a 5 point explosion in the last quarter !
A&M, offensively challenged themselves, took advantage of the Lady Vols completely misidentifying the basketball for a cobblestone and eked out the 2 point win on a put back with 5 seconds left in the game.
Tennessee had the last chance to tie or win the game but Russell's baseline hook went clang off the rim and everyone then knew for whom the bell tolls.

Reaction Score
How do you go over 8 minutes with no field goals!??? DeShields is athletic and can create and they have a 6-6 post player. I don't understand!

and this is with some sportswriter in Tennessee a couple of weeks ago saying Mercedes has finally achieved superstar level, and Andy L and Nell F saying that Diamond may be the best WCBB player in the country.

ok

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm interested in the UCLA/OSU game in the PAC. Both are coming off losses Friday night.

It's at OSU but that didn't help them against USC last time out.

Should be a good one!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
According to the U of T website Holly's post-game has been taken down. I was looking forward to it. Maybe a technical glitch and it'll reappear?

Reaction Score
Tennessee fans say the big wins are because of the players and the loses are because of the coach. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Warwick is a very good coach, but that logic is just wrong. Players have to be responsible for some of the loses just like the coach has to be responsible for some of the wins

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I am so stupid. They had a 5 point lead and were shooting 2 free throws there was 3:40 left in the game and in my brain that was more than enough for them to hold on to win. So what do I do? I leave and go to Starbucks.... I get home and find out they lost and I'm like.... WHAT?!?!?!?! I didn't record the game but thankfully I paused the tv with it on the channel to be able to watch the rest when I got back. It's crazy how good and awful they can play within the same game, same quarter, same possession.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tenn's visit to the top 25 was very short lived. Lost 2 out of their last 3 to unranked Georgia and aTm. I keep hoping they will end up as a 7 or 8 seed in UCONN's bracket. Fingers and toes crossed!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tenn's visit to the top 25 was very short lived. Lost 2 out of their last 3 to unranked Georgia and aTm. I keep hoping they will end up as a 7 or 8 seed in UCONN's bracket. Fingers and toes crossed!!

I suspect the Committee would not do that. I'd be just as happy if we never played them again. eric,I didn't know you had this mean streak in you! :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I am so stupid. They had a 5 point lead and were shooting 2 free throws there was 3:40 left in the game and in my brain that was more than enough for them to hold on to win. So what do I do? I leave and go to Starbucks... I get home and find out they lost and I'm like... WHAT?!?!?!?! I didn't record the game but thankfully I paused the tv with it on the channel to be able to watch the rest when I got back. It's crazy how good and awful they can play within the same game, same quarter, same possession.

With just under 3 minutes to play, a ball went out of bounds and was called off DeShields, though in the replay it was clear that it was off Williams of A&M. Someone on VolNation has already penned and posted an outraged email to the NCAA coordinator of officiating LOL.

Reaction Score
this from Charlie Creme: "Send Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, & Velma to Knoxville. TN continues to be WCB greatest mystery." :D

He also cautions, "...expect Lady Vols to be dangerous in March."

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I'm interested in the UCLA/OSU game in the PAC. Both are coming off losses Friday night.

It's at OSU but that didn't help them against USC last time out.

Should be a good one!

Oregon just crushed USC 73-50, and the game wasn't really that close. No triple double for Ionescu, but a very nice line nevertheless: 22 points on 8-11 shooting, 11 rebounds, and 6 assists. The Ducks two freshman posts (Hebard and McGwire) had 14 points, 7 rebounds, and 12 point, 8 rebounds, respectively.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
According to the U of T website Holly's post-game has been taken down. I was looking forward to it. Maybe a technical glitch and it'll reappear?
Well if we can't get Holly's post game comments we can always look forward to Margo's post game comments. :rolleyes:

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Miss St is scary good over Ole Miss at the half--41-18.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Jordin Canada left second quarter with a head/neck injury. Hasn't come from locker room yet to start second half. OSU leads 33-27 over UCLA.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
He also cautions, "..expect Lady Vols to be dangerous in March."

Dangerously inconsistent. Toss a coin - they can win or lose depending on how they feel that morning.

JS

Reaction Score
Eric, I didn't know you had this mean streak in you! :D
When it comes to Tennessee?

"Attila, I'm surprised to see
you being so pushy!"

Reaction Score
TN went to regional final last year which certainly exceeded anybody's expectation.
So no one can be sure when they have two No. 1 high school recruits on their roster.
They won the big dance one year in the 90s with 10 losses.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Jordin Canada left second quarter with a head/neck injury. Hasn't come from locker room yet to start second half. OSU leads 33-27 over UCLA.

She shot-faked and Gulich's hip came down and landed right in Canada's face. (How was that not a foul?)

I hope she'll be okay. UCLA's season will only go as far as Jordin Canada can lead it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom