Sun v. Mystics - The Final | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sun v. Mystics - The Final

Reaction Score
Thibault has been saying she has had issues for a month or so but was able to manage it with treatment so I am guessing this is an under the radar long term issue
Acupuncture and heat work well. But to leave after a layup 3 minutes into the game and need an MRI? That can't be a small issue.

Reaction Score
A herniated disc a byproduct of a layup? Ouch? I live with severe muscle spasms and ain't going to be easy for Delle Donne to play 100% for the last 3 games.

This is Connecticut's first chance at a world championship in a pro sport.

Interesting to see how much the NBA and it's players support the W.

I've had back spasms and they're terribly painful, I would imagine a herniated disc is much worse. :(

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I've had back spasms and they're terribly painful, I would imagine a herniated disc is much worse. :(

Just by reading, it seems that the kind of pain and discomfort depends on how close the disk is near the nerves.

Reaction Score
Just by reading, it seems that the kind of pain and discomfort depends on how close the disk is near the nerves.

That makes sense.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Only 2 seats available in my section... they are in Row A and are listed for $550.00 each. Not sure what they'll actually sell for, but that's the highest ask I've ever seen for a Sun game. Looks like a lock to be a sellout. Can't remember the last 9,000+ game but this could already be one. Energy should be off the charts.

Those are great seats by the way, just 3 rows in front of mine. :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Only 2 seats available in my section... they are in Row A and are listed for $550.00 each. Not sure what they'll actually sell for, but that's the highest ask I've ever seen for a Sun game. Looks like a lock to be a sellout. Can't remember the last 9,000+ game but this could already be one. Energy should be off the charts.

Those are great seats by the way, just 3 rows in front of mine. :cool:

Whats the official capacity of the place? I've always seen 10,000 as the listed. Have they reduced it in past years?

psconn

Reaction Score
Whats the official capacity of the place? I've always seen 10,000 as the listed. Have they reduced it in past years?
It's called a "10,000-seat arena" but for basketball it's always been around 9,400. In some configurations there are more floor seats.

Reaction Score
Spasms associated with wear and tear might require pain management, depending on severity.

I cannot vouch for acupuncture enough. Very, very effective method of administering therpy.

psconn

Reaction Score
EF-LeLAXoAAL96X.jpeg

Reaction Score
That makes sense.

I had lots of back pain. Went through a lot last year. Found out I had a herniated disc. A fall can herniate it. And over time, it gets worse. Had surgery last April for it. Sadly had surgery in July for a disc replacement. That pain was worse. And the spasms. Hopefully EDD will be okay

psconn

Reaction Score
Despite this, I think both EDD and AA will play competitively. Sun better be ready for a brawl. It's the Finals.
Mystics Injury report:

1570307085908.png

psconn

Reaction Score
Ugh. This feels soooo trappy. If the Sun lose the slightest bit urgency, intensity or focus in this game, they will lose. DC has tons of talent and will come at the Sun like cornered animals.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ugh. This feels soooo trappy. If the Sun loose the slightest bit urgency, intensity or focus in this game, they will lose. DC has tons of talent and will come at the Sun like cornered animals.
I think you found the cloud around the silver lining. :D

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for all this recent flurry of great posts. Good info. I'm really looking forward to this game.

psconn

Reaction Score
Ugh. This feels soooo trappy. If the Sun lose the slightest bit urgency, intensity or focus in this game, they will lose. DC has tons of talent and will come at the Sun like cornered animals.

I don't know how any mortal team can beat that kind of shooting. WNBA record 3 point shooting clinic. Also, the Mystics bench is the best in the league as a group. Kudos to New Haven's own Bria Holmes for her standout efforts off the bench tonight.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Perhaps if EDD does not leave game 2 after 5 minutes gone in the 1st quarter, this series is over. I predicted that whoever won game 3 would win the championship. Let’s see what kind of “grit” the Sun have. An elimination game at home down two games to one, with your back against the wall.

Do they even the series and send it back to Washington, or fold like a house of cards, and watch the Mystics celebrate on their home court?

The Mystics are going back to Washington after the game Tuesday night. Will the Sun be going too? :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK, I admit it, I'm not from the future.

A very weak effort from the Sun tonight. The moment seemed to get too big for them. The long break between games really changed the way things were going too. And what's worse is that they were not very physical with Washington in this game, so that leaves them in no better shape for the next game. A pity.

Reaction Score
Final Four WNBA teams this year had all male coaches. Would have thought there might be something to that until I remembered who Cheryl Reeve is. Four titles and Bill Lambier told her she lacked “a presence” that head coaches need. Guess as an asst but she sure doesn’t as a head coach. What a winner.

Reaction Score
OK, I admit it, I'm not from the future.

A very weak effort from the Sun tonight. The moment seemed to get too big for them. The long break between games really changed the way things were going too. And what's worse is that they were not very physical with Washington in this game, so that leaves them in no better shape for the next game. A pity.
Sun aren’t as mentally strong as Washington. J.Jones was tremendous in the 2nd game but I didn’t think she could sustain that through the series and she’s the Suns best chance to win. She needs to be super and that’s not easy to do over a 5 game series.

Reaction Score
Ariel Atkins is a BALLER. Karen Aston didn’t get any of this potential out of her.
I think Atkins is the most inconsistent player on the team. She can’t shoot and has too many stretches where she’s invisible. I liked her rookie year but didn’t think she was very good this year. Powers and Walker-Kimbrough deserve more of her minutes. Intense competition for that final starting spot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Atkins is not as impactful as Powers at this stage. I even like Walker-Kimbrough as well. ATKINS is inconsistent as heck and can’t shoot
Yes she can shoot and a lot better than she did in college. She is just not consistent and has way to many off games. All three are pretty talented, but I’d still take Atkins over both. She’s just talent, heart, and pure hustle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom