Sun v. Mystics - The Final | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sun v. Mystics - The Final

Reaction Score
Karen Aston hardly gets anything out of the players. She might be the second worst at developing talent, especially considering all the highly rated players she gets.
Interested to see what Joyner Holmes can do in W. Part of her slow development has to do with her being suspended and injured, but I still think it has a lot to do with Aston.

Reaction Score
She was the difference in the game. I thought Cloud played really well. Hit three 3 point shots. Those were difference makers. Thibault ability to develop players is amazing.
One of the reasons I always look forward to the draft is to see Thibault’s first round pick. He seems to always pick players that are unpopular or under the radar and turns them into really solid players. He has the 12th pick this year. One of mock draft says Crystal Dangerfield and another says Kaila Charles. I don’t know if either is player he would pick considering what they already have. They need a big. Delle Donne/Sanders were not a good match for Cambage/Wilson on the inside. I’m interested to see who he ends up picking.

Reaction Score
Karen Aston hardly gets anything out of the players. She might be the second worst at developing talent, especially considering all the highly rated players she gets.

Shows you Aston’s coaching ability

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ariel Atkins is a BALLER. Karen Aston didn’t get any of this potential out of her.
Ariel thought she was 5'10". She was recently was measured at 5'8". She plays much bigger than that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One of the reasons I always look forward to the draft is to see Thibault’s first round pick. He seems to always pick players that are unpopular or under the radar and turns them into really solid players. He has the 12th pick this year. One of mock draft says Crystal Dangerfield and another says Kaila Charles. I don’t know if either is player he would pick considering what they already have. They need a big. Delle Donne/Sanders were not a good match for Cambage/Wilson on the inside. I’m interested to see who he ends up picking.
Mike is very astute. Crystal might be a good fit as a back-up PG, given that Kristi T. is getting older and perhaps closer to shifting to a full-time coaching gig.

Reaction Score
Mike is very astute. Crystal might be a good fit as a back-up PG, given that Kristi T. is getting older and perhaps closer to shifting to a full-time coaching gig.
I agree, but I don’t think she falls to the 12th pick and she wouldn’t be his sort of “weird, unexpected” pick so to speak. I also feel like Toliver plays more of a 2-guard and Cloud is more of the PG to me and she’s fairly young. I really think they need a big, they have plenty guards. I’m sure he’ll want a big who can hit the three, imagine if Stef was still there. That offense would be even more powerful.

Reaction Score
They need a big. Delle Donne/Sanders were not a good match for Cambage/Wilson on the inside. I’m interested to see who he ends up picking.

I agree they need a big. I don't think there will be a good one at the 12th pick this season. They had a chance to grab Turner, Magbegor, Sheppard and Gustafson last season so I guess Thibault is really picky about the bigs he likes.

Reaction Score
I agree they need a big. I don't think there will be a good one at the 12th pick this season. They had a chance to grab Turner, Magbegor, Shepard and Gustafson last season so I guess Thibault is really picky about the bigs he likes.

His draft pick was Kiara Leslie, so it appears he felt he didn’t another post with Meesseman coming back. He was bringing competition for Shatori Walker-Kimbrough’s spot.

The team showed how thin they were at PG after Toliver was out a bunch of games. I think he goes PG with the pick. There’s a bunch available this year. Of course, any player available at #12 may not even be good enough to make this team, so free agency could be the route they go.

Reaction Score
Going for the Sun because New England has had to endure a long drought without a championship.

Reaction Score
I agree they need a big. I don't think there will be a good one at the 12th pick this season. They had a chance to grab Turner, Magbegor, Sheppard and Gustafson last season so I guess Thibault is really picky about the bigs he likes.
I think they would like a big, not necessarily a forward because they have Meeseman and Hawkins. Imo they want a big who can shoot the three, has quick feet, ability to quickly get up and down the floor, work well in that pick and roll offense. I would say Stef is the perfect fit for that, but they traded her so idk.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Who is the biggest BIG coming out this year?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Going for the Sun because New England has had to endure a long drought without a championship.

Ain’t gonna happen. In order for the Sun to win it all, they must win one in Washington. The Mystics hold serve at home. They only lost 3 times all season.

Reaction Score
Ain’t gonna happen. In order for the Sun to win it all, they must win one in Washington. The Mystics hold serve at home. They only lost 3 times all season.
Not to mention when the Sun won the two previous meetings, Meesemann was in Europe playing for Belgium.

Reaction Score
Who is the biggest BIG coming out this year?
Good question. Now that I’ve looked there really aren’t any. Cox won’t be available, Mompremier will probably be gone, and Joyner Holmes is 6’3. So idk. Lol

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Has there ever been more than 5 players from the same college program in a single WNBA finals?

Five players from Maryland:
Kristi Toliver (Mystics)​
Alyssa Thomas (Sun)​
Tianna Hawkins (Mystics)​
Brionna Jones (Sun)​
Shatori Walker-Kimbrough (Mystics)​

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Not to mention when the Sun won the two previous meetings, Meesemann was in Europe playing for Belgium.

CORRECTION: Yes, the Mystics were incomplete in the 1st two meetings but Emma played in the 1st with EDD out. Emma was out for the 2nd game, EDD played.

psconn

Reaction Score
She was the difference in the game. I thought Cloud played really well. Hit three 3 point shots. Those were difference makers. Thibault ability to develop players is amazing.
Don't get me wrong, Coach T is a very good coach in all aspects. BUT the best player in the world came knocking and he said OK. That can make a coach elevate to "freakin' genius" level in a hurry.

OBTW, how LV is not still playing after drawing 3 consecutive #1s AND having perhaps the best center in the world come knocking is beyond me.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Missed beginning of game. Why is EDD not in the game?

Reaction Score
Missed beginning of game. Why is EDD not in the game?
Apparently back issues. There wasn't like a hard looking foul, so I'm not sure where she tweaked it

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Apparently back issues. There wasn't like a hard looking foul, so I'm not sure where she tweaked it

That is cruel if she has to play a second straight finals hampered by injuries.

Conn taking advantage leads 29-17 after Q1.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If EDD doesn't come back the Mystics are toast. Their record in games without her is bad. With her they have been close to unbeatable.

Edit to add: I just checked and the Mystics are:
30-9 overall (26-8 in regular season, 4-1 in playoffs)
1-4 without Delle Donne.
29-5 with her.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and Atkins seems to have descended back to earth. Getting alot out of Hawkins though.

Even without EDD, I think this will be close

psconn

Reaction Score
Sun need more on the offensive end from Jas. They get that, and they probably win even if EDD gets back in.

PS- Emma is really amazing. As difficult to stop as EDD in most situations. Imagine the Sun with another JJ to go to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom