OT: - Sun Glasses Recommendations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Sun Glasses Recommendations

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Damn Tom!! I couldn't survive on the courts without sunglasses. I don't know how you did it for so long.

I wouldn't let the players play wearing sunglasses. I bought a new pair every year or so, and they always disappeared. Kinda had a theory of why.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Be careful with polarizes. You may not be able to see your car dashboard or other stuff anymore. I think it’s anything that uses a reflection because polarization gets rid of all reflection.
No problem with the dash. It's my phone screen that is hard to see.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Be careful with polarizes. You may not be able to see your car dashboard or other stuff anymore. I think it’s anything that uses a reflection because polarization gets rid of all reflection.

Yeah, this happened in my old BMW. Radio became invisible. Honestly unless you are boating or skiing, polarization doesn’t do much. If you are doing that you need it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeah, this happened in my old BMW. Radio became invisible. Honestly unless you are boating or skiing, polarization doesn’t do much. If you are doing that you need it.

So that cinches it. Cheap out on sunglasses. Waste money on a Beemer. ;)

Reaction Score
Ray Ban blue polarized mirror sun glasses. Me and the wife, we look so damm cool.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
My eye doctor told me I was a fool for coach tennis for 30 years without wearing sunglasses. He I needed to start wearing them.

So ... Recommendations? I don't need the best name, just the best sun glasses.

I mountain and road bike which sorta requires protective eyewear. I bought Peppers. They’re like 40 bucks, have all the UV specs you want and won’t break the bank. You can get cheaper, and obviously can get more expensive brands. They’re middle of the road but have worked well for me. I definitely wouldn’t spend more than that on sunglasses personally, especially when you’ll be using them while active—too prone to breaking them

Reaction Score
Try GOODR They are fun glasses and completely polarised and for the price they are great $25 a pair

Reaction Score
Check out Blenders. They have great style for about $40 per pair. They feel like a standard expensive pair of glasses that are 5x the price without breaking the bank. At the same time they aren't crap off the rack quality.

Link: Blenders Eyewear

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I should specify that mine are prescription. Progressive lenses. When I told my optometrist, which I've been using for more than 25 years, that I wanted prescription sunglasses they said I should pick the frames from their selection and they would handle the lenses. When I told them I wear Maui Jim's they said they are the only lens they cannot reproduce, but that Maui Jim would make lenses with my prescription. So that's what I did. The lenses are incredible.

Perhaps this belongs in the odd statistics thread, but before insurance my Maui Jim prescription sunglasses cost more than the first two cars I bought, combined. Even after insurance they cost more than my first car.

I now own two pair and consider them among the best purchases I have ever made.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
If you are color blind, get these.

My mother-in-law bought me a pair and it changed my life. I don't run red lights anymore!

Reaction Score
Oakley Holbrook’s for sure.

Bingo iBleedBlue! Love the fit, the look on a bigger (fatter lol) face. Just bought another I have 3 of them and all under 60-70 bucks on ebay. But they are going up. Just bought another with clear frame and blue lenses, have the black/emerald and silver-clear and Fire Ice lenses. Just a great deal for very good glasses. The latest pari 39.99 with box and serial number and free shipping. Have a couple of the half jacket XLJs too but more of a golf sunglasses. There's deals out there just shop.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Serengeti Aviators. Whether they work or not is not important. But you'll look pretty sexy.

Reaction Score
My eye doctor told me I was a fool for coach tennis for 30 years without wearing sunglasses. He I needed to start wearing them.

So ... Recommendations? I don't need the best name, just the best sun glasses.
For prescription sunglasses Costco Optical has by far the best prices, 1/3 the price of LensCrafters, for example.

Reaction Score

I had this problem looking at my gps and mentioned it to my optician. They told me I needed to tilt my head when I looked at it. It’s not the most convenient solution but it does work.

Reaction Score
@temery in my opinion the best “brand name quality” sunglasses at a good price are from Suncloud. Suncloud Optics US | Homepage

I was just about to say this when I read the post. The cheap drugstore glasses scratch way too easily, and Oakley’s and Maui Jims or simply not worth the price premium. Sunclouds run about 50 bucks, are almost as durable as the premium brands, and imo look great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom