Summer transfers | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Summer transfers

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
From the Opinion that that OVC is a fair equivalent of the AAC

Literally no one is saying this. All I said is that the two leagues resemble each other more than we like to think.

It's seriously what makes this ESPN+ deal so bad. The AAC is a CFB flagship for the plus -- we're leading the way for a group of conferences including the OVC. From a UConn perspective, it's the wrong group to be associated with.

Before anyone misreads that, yes, of course I'd rather be in the AAC than the OVC. Of course I'd rather be in the AAC than the NBE. The point is I don't think most UConn fans feel grateful these days. Our defense sucks, we have no idea whether our quarterback is going to suck, and we're stuck in a league that plays half of its games on the same channel as Yale and, yes, Eastern Kentucky. Which way is the wind blowing, folks?

Reaction Score
Literally no one is saying this. All I said is that the two leagues resemble each other more than we like to think.

It's seriously what makes this ESPN+ deal so bad. The AAC is a CFB flagship for the plus -- we're leading the way for a group of conferences including the OVC. From a UConn perspective, it's the wrong group to be associated with.

Before anyone misreads that, yes, of course I'd rather be in the AAC than the OVC. Of course I'd rather be in the AAC than the NBE. The point is I don't think most UConn fans feel grateful these days. Our defense sucks, we have no idea whether our quarterback is going to suck, and we're stuck in a league that plays half of its games on the same channel as Yale and, yes, Eastern Kentucky. Which way is the wind blowing, folks?
Most of the major conferences will end up having content on ESPN+. The AAC is the first due to contract timing. And, ESPN is invested in ESPN+ as they want to build subs, so they want to build the value of the content. BTW, most content is going streaming as customers move away from linear programming. Look at all the streaming services that exist or are coming out, notably Disney+. The big media companies see the future and it isn’t linear cable with forced bundled channels. All of the sports networks are in sub decline.

Reaction Score
The CAA is a far better league than the OVC. The Proof? FCS? They have Playoffs. They win more against FBS. I’m not gonna argue number 196 v 198. Silly

Academics. It matters. Graduating from UALBANY or Stony Brook gets you to Wall Street pretty fast. Delaware is excellent. Etc. You don’t think there’s a difference between Tennessee Tech or Eastern Kentucky or a State U in the Northeast. Hmmm

Dixon got an opportunity. Whatever Tim Boyle achieved is superfluous. It’s not the same structure at EKU today as a few years ago. Dixon won’t catch more than 20 next year. But he may have personal experience that says the coaching he was getting or something made him move.

Kids don’t care about academics - that’s essentially what we agreed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The CAA is a far better league than the OVC. The Proof? FCS? They have Playoffs. They win more against FBS. I’m not gonna argue number 196 v 198. Silly

Academics. It matters. Graduating from UALBANY or Stony Brook gets you to Wall Street pretty fast. Delaware is excellent. Etc. You don’t think there’s a difference between Tennessee Tech or Eastern Kentucky or a State U in the Northeast. Hmmm

Dixon got an opportunity. Whatever Tim Boyle achieved is superfluous. It’s not the same structure at EKU today as a few years ago. Dixon won’t catch more than 20 next year. But he may have personal experience that says the coaching he was getting or something made him move.

Kids don’t care about academics - that’s essentially what we agreed.

it’s amazing that you don’t get any of this.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
... and you should just buy lottery tickets.

this makes no sense. not sure if this makes your post better or worse than average.

Reaction Score
His future is Canada. May as well be with a coach you trust at EKU - the dirty little secret is that the OVC isn’t that different from the AAC when push comes to shove.
Oh stop it. And toss out Clemson and the AAC isn’t that different from the ACC when push comes to shove. Here is
Just 1 metric the AAC had 11 players selrcted in the NFL draft. The OVC set a record with 4. Highest pick for the AAC was 9 th pick over all Highest for OVC was 4th round.

Look none of us would choose to be in the AAC but factually it is a good football league and an improving one for basketball. And so far above the OVC it is comical.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what Dixon wants to do with his life after football.

If he wants to do something white collar after football is over I don’t think there is anymore than a tiny marginal difference between a degree from EKU or UNH. Hell there may be a lot more opportunity in Kentucky for him than New Hampshire or Albany or Boston or Hartford 5-10 years from now.

What do you guys think the majority of FBS players do for a living after football is over? Many become coaches and athletic trainers and cops and prison guards. Most aren’t filling out spreadsheets or writing code.

For the vast majority of students there is no difference between the academics at these schools. It’s even less important for football players - they aren’t looking for some corporate drone recruiter who thinks the University of New Hampshire matters (if this is even a drone that exists).

What do you guys do that anyone cares where anyone went to school. After three years other than fart sniffing academics - nobody cares where anyone went to school other than to taunt about sports.

If you think Dixon’s life is going to be negatively impacted because he went to EKU instead of Albany you are living a delusion that has no connection to the real world.
Give me a quarter and you can have it your way.

Reaction Score
Beavers getting a waiver only goes to prove the NCAA cares deeply about doing what's best for all the student athletes.........................just like they did for Sid Wilson.

Reaction Score
Well of course Cincy got a waiver approval. He should now have 6 years of eligibility left at Cincy.
Beavers getting a waiver only goes to prove the NCAA cares deeply about doing what's best for all the student athletes.....just like they did for Sid Wilson.
For you conspiracy theorists - the AAC also had to waive its intra-conference transfer rule for this to occur.

Reaction Score
this makes no sense. not sure if this makes your post better or worse than average.
Only on the Boneyard can one find a debate on the relative merits of the AAC, OVC and the CAA. Gold Jerry. Pure gold

Reaction Score
For you conspiracy theorists - the AAC also had to waive its intra-conference transfer rule for this to occur.
He should have been able to transfer where he wanted except to an AAC conference opponent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom