Summer Practice Highlights June 2023 ... 7/27, it's now "I went from Silent Movies to Black & White T.V to Colored T.V." Apologies to I Bleed Blue | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Summer Practice Highlights June 2023 ... 7/27, it's now "I went from Silent Movies to Black & White T.V to Colored T.V." Apologies to I Bleed Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Too many midrange jump shots. I also don't like the dip from Donovan, he's gonna get his shot blocked.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Reaction Score
A lot to like in that vid.. Re: Newton--Noticed two things.. Showing some veteran vocal leadership and turning up the heat on the hustle plays.. Great to see..

Castle pull up J over Cam looked pretty smooth

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He looks very natural shooting that 3.
Folks who watched him warm up last year said he had a good looking stroke. This may just be the year he’s given the freedom to use it, and rightfully so.

He mastered being a rim runner and now he gets to show off everything else he has. But his base and foundation as an elite rim runner and roller will make him a special special player as his game opens up.

He also looks super comfortable, confident, and in control in the highlights. I’m so hyped for the season to start.

Reaction Score
Folks who watched him warm up last year said he had a good looking stroke. This may just be the year he’s given the freedom to use it, and rightfully so.

He mastered being a rim runner and now he gets to show off everything else he has. But his base and foundation as an elite rim runner and roller will make him a special special player as his game opens up.

He also looks super comfortable, confident, and in control in the highlights. I’m so hyped for the season to start.
He really has such an easy flow to his movements - you'd never guess he is 7'2" or more by looking at him in isolation. Dropping the weight he did between the end of his high school senior season and the beginning of last season was such a game changer for him. That alone has made him extra millions in his first NBA contract.

Reaction Score
He really has such an easy flow to his movements - you'd never guess he is 7'2" or more by looking at him in isolation. Dropping the weight he did between the end of his high school senior season and the beginning of last season was such a game changer for him. That alone has made him extra millions in his first NBA contract.
He's a better athlete than the talking heads and scouts have given him credit for. He's not a freak athlete run and jump guy but he's pretty damn fast for a guy his size and super coordinated for a guy his size.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He's a better athlete than the talking heads and scouts have given him credit for. He's not a freak athlete run and jump guy but he's pretty damn fast for a guy his size and super coordinated for a guy his size.
JVG called him a one man fast break stopper during the tournament. That’s not common for 7’s.

Reaction Score
The twitter versions of these vids are nice with the wider camera angle. Definitely worth it to go back and watch all the ig videos on twitter too
Please remember there are a few old farts still left on this board. I'm talking black and white TV'ers.

KeyWestUC

Southernmost UCONN
Reaction Score
Not only did we have a black and white TV, but we also had a rabbit ear antenna sitting on the box for better reception.
Did they have UCONN games on Channel 8 back then?

Reaction Score
I believe channel 8 was one of the first TV stations to show UConn men's basketball games. WFSB (WTIC) did much later.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Not only did we have a black and white TV, but we also had a rabbit ear antenna sitting on the box for better reception.
4-5 channels max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog