Summer Practice Highlights June 2023 ... 7/27, it's now "I went from Silent Movies to Black & White T.V to Colored T.V." Apologies to I Bleed Blue | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Summer Practice Highlights June 2023 ... 7/27, it's now "I went from Silent Movies to Black & White T.V to Colored T.V." Apologies to I Bleed Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe you are too oblivious to notice, but Hurley specializes at developing talent. We have seen guys like Polly and Whaley go from minor contributors to Big East 6th man of the year and Big East defensive player of the year. There is no reason to think Newton cannot make that kind of improvement.
You realize Newton is a transfer in his 5th year and not a sophomore...?

Edit- after a reread perhaps you meant Hassan Diarra?

Reaction Score
Maybe you are too oblivious to notice, but Hurley specializes at developing talent. We have seen guys like Polly and Whaley go from minor contributors to Big East 6th man of the year and Big East defensive player of the year. There is no reason to think Newton cannot make that kind of improvement. He already has the defensive part down and he had a knack for hitting clutch shots at Texas A&M.

How about this - before you get your panties all twisted up or insult somebody, maybe try using the correct names next time.

Reaction Score
Maybe you are too oblivious to notice, but Hurley specializes at developing talent. We have seen guys like Polly and Whaley go from minor contributors to Big East 6th man of the year and Big East defensive player of the year. There is no reason to think Newton cannot make that kind of improvement. He already has the defensive part down and he had a knack for hitting clutch shots at Texas A&M.
Yikes

Reaction Score
Oh, oh, 429 won't like him bringing the ball down to his waist.

Hey now, I'm all about the dip.

He had a nice looking shot when I watched his games from this winter. Juat needs reps to get the % up past 35% and he'll be an asset.

Reaction Score
Newton is a terrific defender, if he just improves his shooting percentage slightly, he will be a super sub off the bench and set himself up to be a starter in 24.
?????

Reaction Score
Anyone know roughly when Solo is expected back from injury? Wondering if he will be able to play in Europe.
Hopefully he's already been practicing. Hurley said this on June 5.

Three members of UConn’s five-man freshman class were in action on Monday, though Solomon Ball, a four-star recruit from Brewster Academy, was still recovering from an ankle injury he suffered at the end of his prep season. Hurley says Ball is about two and a half weeks away from participating in live work.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he's already been practicing. Hurley said this on June 5.

Three members of UConn’s five-man freshman class were in action on Monday, though Solomon Ball, a four-star recruit from Brewster Academy, was still recovering from an ankle injury he suffered at the end of his prep season. Hurley says Ball is about two and a half weeks away from participating in live work.
Thanks. Started wondering because I haven't seen him in these last couple of recent videos that have been posted by the team. Was hoping the injury hasn't lingered and maybe someone had the skinny on the situation.

Reaction Score
What’s a better pic (top right, Dan and AK high 5, and Tom smiling and clapping in the far back) than this describing the mood of the program heading into next season!

Seeing TN up there is a good sight, especially with some of his comments surrounding maybe not taking things as he should have initially when he first got here

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Thanks. Started wondering because I haven't seen him in these last couple of recent videos that have been posted by the team. Was hoping the injury hasn't lingered and maybe someone had the skinny on the situation.
This is the kinda thing a real insider would be able to tell us.

Reaction Score
He's in there in this most recent video, 12 second mark of the Stewart dunk

IMG_1729.jpeg

Reaction Score
The newest video doesn’t include any actual basketball, but I did get a glimpse of some of our team’s statistician goals.
  • Top 20 in Defensive Efficiency
  • Top 20 in Offensive Efficiency
  • Top 25 in Rebounding Margin
  • Top 50 in Assists Per Game

View attachment 89821

Gonna be tough to reach those goals playing in suit jackets.

Reaction Score
The newest video doesn’t include any actual basketball, but I did get a glimpse of some of our team’s statistician goals.
  • Top 20 in Defensive Efficiency
  • Top 20 in Offensive Efficiency
  • Top 25 in Rebounding Margin
  • Top 50 in Assists Per Game

View attachment 89821

Would've been fun to see them fitting Donovan's suit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom