Summer League First Impressions | The Boneyard

Summer League First Impressions

Reaction Score
Just watched Lakers vs Kings Summer Leagues game while killing time until Steph and Spurs come on. First impressions:
Nothing spectacular or inspiring on play from Bronny. He did a lot of standing around in the corners.
Dalton Knecht did not inspire greatness. I know it's just the first game however, he didn't stand out either.
Not sure if he is going to get separation on anyone in the NBA and the Lakers Summers League Team so far
shows nothing except a lot of one-on-one movements for its offense....it's an eyesore
after watching our guys poetry in motion offense. Very disappointed after all the hype about how Bronny's game
will translate to the NBA and the steal of the draft theme on Knecht.
I guess the people drafting players in the just completed NBA Draft knew what they were doing..... afterall.

Reaction Score
Just watched Lakers vs Kings Summer Leagues game while killing time until Steph and Spurs come on. First impressions:
Nothing spectacular or inspiring on play from Bronny. He did a lot of standing around in the corners.
Dalton Knecht did not inspire greatness. I know it's just the first game however, he didn't stand out either.
Not sure if he is going to get separation on anyone in the NBA and the Lakers Summers League Team so far
shows nothing except a lot of one-on-one movements for its offense....it's an eyesore
after watching our guys poetry in motion offense. Very disappointed after all the hype about how Bronny's game
I guess the people drafting players in the just completed NBA Draft knew what they were doing..... afterall.
It's one(and the first) summer league game. Smallest of small sample sizes and way too early to draw any real conclusions. I mean if Castle has a bad game does that mean he's a bust already? Of course not.

Reaction Score
What hype for Bronny’s game? At best, the reactions I’ve seen are that he’s a multi-year development guy.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Pat Spencer just yammed on Josh Christopher

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's one(and the first) summer league game. Smallest of small sample sizes and way too early to draw any real conclusions. I mean if Castle has a bad game does that mean he's a bust already? Of course not.
He’s struggling from the mid-range to start off with. Something that used to be a + for him in HS that he didn’t do too much of here.

Reaction Score
Gorgeous sequence from Castle there. Offensive board, backs it out and assist. Next play gets a floater.

Summer league sucks but it's nice to have something to watch until TBT

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Think people in general are going to learn a lot about how good Castle is during SL and when the season starts. Made a lot of great reads and decisions during the first half. His teammates are awful otherwise he’d probably rack up assists.

Announcers have to shutup too. He’s very smart with the shots he chooses to take. He’s not taking any 3s if it doesn’t feel like the right shot. He was in much better rhythm for that 2nd look he had and took.

Reaction Score
I only caught his minutes in the 4th, but he had 4 good possessions more or less in a row. PnR assist for teammate straight line drive and-1, PnR defender in jail open missed floater, PnR kickout for teammate wide open 3 (missed), ^that spin move And-1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom