OT: - Stupid Bills kicking into end zone | The Boneyard

OT: Stupid Bills kicking into end zone

Reaction Score
That careless lack of coaching cost the Bills the game. So, they have the lead, up 3, with 13 seconds to go, kicking off. They kick it long so Chiefs get the ball on their 25 with 13 seconds to go, two plays later they are within field goal range. Had the Bills kicked the ball to the 20 or 15 yard line, Chiefs would have had to field it and run it back, and that would have taken 4-5 seconds. Chances are the Chiefs would be starting around their 25-30 yard line with 8 seconds to go. They got 2 set up plays for the tying field goal when they had all 13 seconds, with 8 they'd only have one set up play. No way the Chiefs would have gotten within field goal range from their 30 with just one play to use. Although both defenses were gassed at that point.
Bad coaching for the Bills in hindsight. Agree with the announcers that they should have been rushing just 3 players and had extra pass defender as Holmes didn't have time to run around like usual and had to make passes quickly.

Reaction Score
Lol has any team ever moved a ball like that in 13 seconds ever?maybe just don’t give up 50 yard in 7 seconds and you win. The bills are never going to win a super bowl after that. That was the worst choke jn NFL history. Period.

Reaction Score
That careless lack of coaching cost the Bills the game. So, they have the lead, up 3, with 13 seconds to go, kicking off. They kick it long so Chiefs get the ball on their 25 with 13 seconds to go, two plays later they are within field goal range. Had the Bills kicked the ball to the 20 or 15 yard line, Chiefs would have had to field it and run it back, and that would have taken 4-5 seconds. Chances are the Chiefs would be starting around their 25-30 yard line with 8 seconds to go. They got 2 set up plays for the tying field goal when they had all 13 seconds, with 8 they'd only have one set up play. No way the Chiefs would have gotten within field goal range from their 30 with just one play to use. Although both defenses were gassed at that point.
Bad coaching for the Bills in hindsight. Agree with the announcers that they should have been rushing just 3 players and had extra pass defender as Holmes didn't have time to run around like usual and had to make passes quickly.
I don't disagree really, they should have done it because who knows what happens. But in all likelihood the Chiefs are just falling on the ball wherever it lands to save the clock and it plays out very similarly, maybe with a slightly longer FG

Reaction Score
Belichek has told his kickers in the past to kick a high ball where the guy catches it around the 10 or 15 It’s not rocket science. It’s all the kickers do is practice their craft.
If the chiefs wanted to down it at the 10 or 15 go ahead

Reaction Score
Condolences marbles. You deserved an incredible win. Josh Allen is incredible.
Now I know why Shurmer wanted Gettleman to take Allen instead of Barkley.
Whoops….nice job Dave

Reaction Score
I don't understand the rule- if the ball is kicked and is in the field say 15 yard line, the Chiefs can grab the ball and just kneel on the ground to end the play? Is this because it is a kick-off? I thought they'd have to at least go out of bounds to stop the clock or run until tackled and call time out.

Reaction Score
It was a basketball game. And the last team with the ball won this time. I don’t blame coaching. Mahomes is a $400M man for a reason

Reaction Score
Crazy insane game. Hate the overtime rule tho. Allen shud of had a chance to answer. Just because of a coin flip kc gets ball and tons of momentum? A coin flip ? Everyone knew whoever got kickoff was winning that game. I mean, I get it for the regular season doing it that way -but for the playoffs ? come on, really not going to give the opposing QB a chance to answer?? Billls shud of never been in that spot to begin with tho. I’m a Green Bay fan so I’m still numb from last nights loss. Instead of Brady vs Rodgers we get jimmy g vs stafford. Yawn. Rams will win that one 23-6 and kc will crush cincy 41-22.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the rule- if the ball is kicked and is in the field say 15 yard line, the Chiefs can grab the ball and just kneel on the ground to end the play? Is this because it is a kick-off? I thought they'd have to at least go out of bounds to stop the clock or run until tackled and call time out.
Correct, same way a receiver can give himself up after a catch and doesn't need to be tackled/touched

Reaction Score
it's amazing how such a small decision can lead to such unbelievable consequences

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Hoping for an I-70 Bowl between the St. Louis now LA Rams and the Chiefs!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What the heck were they thinking?
Bucs kicker Pinion had two kickoffs go OB trying to kick away from the return guy.

KC had to go at least 40 yards in two plays in 12 seconds or less. I'd like my team's chances even against Brady.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was Tyreke Hill back there? If so, it makes a little more sense

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm more upset (Diehard Bills fan since birth) about the lack of protecting Kelce running up the middle of the field wide open for 25 yards when they only have 1 play left. If they keep those 2 plays to 15 yards or so, they aren't there. Instead they give up 20 and 25 or whatever it was in 2 straight plays.

Either way, I don't care what anyone says, Josh Allen is an absolute stud and an amazing rep for our city. I'm happy he's my QB, I'll take him over anyone.

If they win, as they should have, the story is him. He was UNREAL this playoffs and has been almost unstoppable for 2 straight years.

Reaction Score
Mahomes had a look of no fear, no panic and certainly a victorious one on that last drive. He (i.e. KC offense) deserves all the credit. He probably would have executed a FG drive from his one yard line. He has the weapons to do it.

Just saying not many QBs could have pulled that off.

Brady exits, Mahomes enters. Sports/Athletes are amazing and watching greatness evolve before our eyes is even more amazing!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Keep it in play and have KC waste a few seconds on return, instead of giving them entire 13 seconds

Have you ever seen Hardman return kicks? He ran a 4.22 recently in a race against other NFL guys. I commented that they had to do that, would normally squib kick, because he is just so dangerous as a return man. Can break one anytime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom