Student Game Attendance – Root Cause Problem Solving | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Student Game Attendance – Root Cause Problem Solving

Reaction Score
Do a hoops ticket giveaway with prime seating but winner isn't announced until end of game and you have to be in the section to win.
Other than that I got nothin. I don't think the students give a rats ass and I dont think it's changing until we are in a good conference.
Meanwhile the poor band that does a great job gets stuffed in a corner. Maybe it's time to switch the seating of the two.

Reaction Score
I am going to play “back-in-my day”, so please bear with me. I was at Penn in the late 1960s. Ivy League football culture was far from the SEC/BiG model. My fraternity brothers and I would walk six blocks to Penn’s on-campus Franklin Field for a 2:00 kickoff.

At game’s end, we’d walk the six blocks back to the house, have dinner, then get ready for the best fraternity parties on campus.

No 45 minute bus rides. No waiting for buses to leave back to campus. The entire focus of my experience was campus (and party) driven.

Need I say more to explain the students’ lackluster attitude toward The Rent.

P.S. In the interest of full disclosure, my enthusiastic embrace of the party culture was a major reason for my academic demise at Penn, resulting in three years of service in the U.S. Army before transferring to UConn, where I received a terrific education.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
If you attend all home games you get to place out of the math requirement (if you’re a humanities major) or humanities requirement (if you’re a stem major). Problem solved.

Reaction Score
If you attend all home games you get to place out of the math requirement (if you’re a humanities major) or humanities requirement (if you’re a stem major). Problem solved.
This would unironically work lmao

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom