Stonehill Scouting Report | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stonehill Scouting Report

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Stonehill’s Shamir Johnson is the son of former Danbury High School stand out Vonsell Johnson. He was part of that great Anthony “Snake” Harris team and went on to play at University of Hartford and SCSU. That’s all I got.

Thanks for posting that, Horatio. I used to be pretty tight with Vonsie and Donnell Diggs back in HS, they both started out at UHart. Good to hear he's got a kid who's carrying on the torch.

Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread but figured I'd post this here also. Dauster's latest show starts out with an in-depth scouting report on Stonehill. He says their team is basically still a D2 team with 6-6 guys who weigh around 200 pounds. UConn should kill them inside and on the boards.

Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread but figured I'd post this here also. Dauster's latest show starts out with an in-depth scouting report on Stonehill. He says their team is basically still a D2 team with 6-6 guys who weigh around 200 pounds. UConn should kill them inside and on the boards.

That's even pretty small for a D2 team. When I was playing D2, we had at least a few 6'8-6'10 guys on the roster every year. Most teams did that we played. Usually those guys were either to heavy for D1 or too lanky and raw. They're the most likely to transfer to D1 though. Can't teach size.

I would like to see Clingan and Johnson get a bunch of run in this game. Sanogo isn't going to learn much of anything abusing 6'6 kids. Get the young player's confidence up these first few games before we have tougher games where they won't be able to have a dunk contest with each other.

Reaction Score
I graduated Stonehill in '13. We had a team that went to the D2 Final Four in '12. That team would lose to this UConn team by 30. This Stonehill team isn't as good as the '12 team, and they obviously haven't closed the talent gap between D1 and D2 yet. I fully expect this to be a long night for the Skyhawks. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
They weren't a very good D2 team last year and they graduated a couple of their best players, but did add a couple D2 All-Star-type guys I wish Andre were playing, because then he would be taller than their center with a higher vert than their wings and playing point guard.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My bad, wonder why it was discontinued it was quite unique looking.
Meh, it is a fairly obvious attempt at a knock off of the AMC pacer.

051ED243-3CA9-43D6-B5F7-031FD2E3B7CB.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Their players, and school, might be small, but good for the students to fill the gym!

Wow, I think the Franklin High gym is bigger than that. The Field House certainly was.

Thanks for the write up @Hey Adrien!, much appreciated as always.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Is Stonehill one of those schools where their only diversity on campus comes from 6 basketball players?

Reaction Score
Is Stonehill one of those schools where their only diversity on campus comes from 6 basketball players?

And football. And a couple foreign kids on the soccer team.

Reaction Score
Back in my 70s HS stone age, Stonehill used to play U Bridgeport and were often ranked in DII, as was UB. I'd pretty much go to any Ffld. U, SHU or UB ball I could get to.

Anybody else remember Bruce Webster?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Stonehill’s Shamir Johnson is the son of former Danbury High School stand out Vonsell Johnson. He was part of that great Anthony “Snake” Harris team and went on to play at University of Hartford and SCSU. That’s all I got.
Thanks for posting that, Horatio. I used to be pretty tight with Vonsie and Donnell Diggs back in HS, they both started out at UHart. Good to hear he's got a kid who's carrying on the torch.

@Horatio I was a Baseball/Football guy so I'm not in this pic but I dug my yearbook out last night to snap this.

1667706423642.png

Four kids from this team earned D1 rides back in the day. Vonsell, Donnell and Snake for hoops and Robby Clarke played Football at UConn. Tony Thayne still holds baseball records at WCSU as well.

Vonsell was by far the most successful when you turn the clock ahead.

Reaction Score
Back in my 70s HS stone age, Stonehill used to play U Bridgeport and were often ranked in DII, as was UB. I'd pretty much go to any Ffld. U, SHU or UB ball I could get to.

Anybody else remember Bruce Webster?
And Dave Bike?

Reaction Score
@Horatio I was a Baseball/Football guy so I'm not in this pic but I dug my yearbook out last night to snap this.

View attachment 80372

Four kids from this team earned D1 rides back in the day. Vonsell, Donnell and Snake for hoops and Robby Clarke played Football at UConn. Tony Thayne still holds baseball records at WCSU as well.

Vonsell was by far the most successful when you turn the clock ahead.

Anthony Harris was pretty damn good too wasn’t he? Played at the Dome then transferred to be a Rainbow.

Reaction Score
Maybe a Buick Skylark? A Skyhawk is a plane, never too old for me to learn something new - yet.
Buick made both a Skyhawk and a Skylark, which preceded the Skyhawk. My first car was a Skylark. I was happy as a lark cruising in it.

Reaction Score
Yes he was and yes he did. He’s referenced in my post. He’s Snake.

I remember a lot of the recruiting stories of JCs days but don’t remember much about Anthony Harris and UConn. I know he was a scorer for the Hatters averaged 33 a game his senior year but don’t remember JC going hard after him, wonder why?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
JC was just getting started at UConn when Anthony graduated. I honestly don’t remember if Coach Calhoun recruited him, I’m sure he did because every major program in the country was in our gym on Friday nights. Booger picker was top dog in the NE back then and it was a big deal when Snake committed there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom