Stone Visiting After Wisconsin | The Boneyard

Stone Visiting After Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stone is visiting Wisconsin this weekend and then coming to UConn for his last visit. Wrap him up, Ollie!
From Zagsblog

"STONE TO VISIT WISCONSIN, UCONN

Diamond Stone will visit Wisconsin this weekend and then UConn before announcing his college choice Nov. 12, according to Mark Miller.

The 6-foot-10 Stone visited Maryland this past weekend for their Midnight Madness and has also tripped to Oklahoma State."

Reaction Score
To me this says he's leaning toward us, why plan it out like this unless its 'let me take a look at what Wisconsin has to say, but I assume I'll make my announcement after having Ollie cement the fact that UConn is the place for me'

Reaction Score
Not sure why we need another thread for this but that Nov. 12 date was erroneous according to twitter.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Not sure why we need another thread for this but that Nov. 12 date was erroneous according to twitter.
You are really behind. It's November 12th. He's confirmed it. He said that there's a small chance that he announces a little before it or a little after. But it will more than likely be Nov 12.

Reaction Score
You are really behind. It's November 12th. He's confirmed it. He said that there's a small chance that he announces a little before it or a little after. But it will more than likely be Nov 12.

The most recent word is from his father, from this week. He said there is no decision date. Basically, Diamond keeps saying one thing and his father says the opposite.

Reaction Score
Actually, you are.

But anyone who puts any stock into anything a family member or player says to the media needs to have their heads examined imo.

Reaction Score
Reggie Rankin @ReggieRankin
Bob Stone father of Diamond has informed @ESPNRNHoops NO decision date has been set like many media have reported http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/145063/Diamond-Stone…

But yeah, Diamond says one thing, then Bob Stone says another.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The most recent word is from his father, from this week. He said there is no decision date. Basically, Diamond keeps saying one thing and his father says the opposite.

Maybe his father wants one thing (Wisky) and Diamond wants another (UCONN)? A man can dream.

Reaction Score
To me this says he's leaning toward us, why plan it out like this unless its 'let me take a look at what Wisconsin has to say, but I assume I'll make my announcement after having Ollie cement the fact that UConn is the place for me'

Perhaps he could conveniently want to sneak in a Christmas shopping trip to Boston or NYC.

Wisconsin still is in the running for sure especially since they are now 'very' relevant in the college basketball landscape. I think they are our biggest competition. Kid is playing things smart.

caw

Reaction Score
Maybe his father wants one thing (Wisky) and Diamond wants another (UCONN)? A man can dream.

It wouldn't shock me if people in his family lean Wisconsin considering some other family members play sports there and others have gone there. Then again Phil Nolan can't photobomb you if your playing for Wisconsin.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It wouldn't shock me if people in his family lean Wisconsin considering some other family members play sports there and others have gone there. Then again Phil Nolan can't photobomb you if your playing for Wisconsin.

Everybody needs to be photobombed by Phil Nolan once in their life.

Even if Stone chooses Wisconsin, he can get that done during the FF post game interview of the losing team.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of ties between the Stone family and Wisconsin, and not only because of the locale or the school which some of them may have attended, but there are ties with the coaching staff as well. Longstanding. It will be very very hard to pry him away.

Reaction Score
Sharma just committed to Stanford, so I'd imagine that Wisconsin is going to be desperate to get a verbal from Stone during his visit. If he gets out of there without committing, I'd have to think we're in great shape.

Reaction Score
As this thread is basically saying, if he makes it to UConn for his visit I think he is ours.

caw

Reaction Score
As this thread is basically saying, if he makes it to UConn for his visit I think he is ours.

No.

It's more like there is zero chance if he doesn't make it to UConn to visit and a darn good chance if he does.

Reaction Score
Sharma just committed to Stanford, so I'd imagine that Wisconsin is going to be desperate to get a verbal from Stone during his visit. If he gets out of there without committing, I'd have to think we're in great shape.

I don't agree. I'd be shocked if he commits prior to finishing all of his visits.

He's been consistent with two things for many months now: 1) he loves Ollie; and 2) he's going to decide either November 12th or later than November 12th.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He is going to UConn last because that is where he is going to announce or at least let KO know in person. If he was not he would flip flop the final two visits and end the trail at home but not saying he would have announced going to Wisconsin if he ended there. It's just cleaner with UConn that way. Jmo

Reaction Score
You mean he's not visiting Maryland? This is very good news for Uconn. Good news indeed.

Reaction Score
You mean he's not visiting Maryland? This is very good news for Uconn. Good news indeed.
He was at their first night this past weekend. Still don't think Maryland being on his list is any more than a marketing thing for under Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom