Stone Visiting After Wisconsin | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Stone Visiting After Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
On the other hand like you mentioned financial issues could force his hand or he could be NBA driven. But until that is known I look at him and am reminded about how much I enjoyed those 'best years of my life' prior to adulthood and all that comes with it. He is enjoying himself, and is certainly spoiled by winning a ship in his first year of college ball.

Yeah, you never know about those financial issues. Majok didn't want to go pro, and was reportedly really enjoying college life, but the group of elders in Australia who 'controlled his fate' said he needed to go. And that was it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Stone commits and Brimah stays (which I think he will be poised to be a first round pick after his Junior year) the UCONN BIG MEN would go:

Stone, Brimah, Enoch, Facey, Lubin, WOW.

We could go massive at times with STONE and BRIMAH on the court at the same time, Enoch is a 5/stretch 4, and Facey could have the athleticism at times to play a large 3? absolutely a 4 (depends on his development this year).

That's the thing that would be keeping him from committing the most, imo (outside of home pressure to Wisky). Not that he wouldn't get minutes, but it might be 20-25mpg vs 30-35mpg. If that's extremely important, then it's a big factor.

Reaction Score
After averaging 30 and 15 this year he will be a lottery pick.

Wow can't believe how much people are under rating Brimah this year.

He is clearly going to grow 2 feet and be a college version of Wilt scoring 100 pts in one game and averaging about 30-40 boards a game.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
If Stone commits and Brimah stays (which I think he will be poised to be a first round pick after his Junior year) the UCONN BIG MEN would go:

Stone, Brimah, Enoch, Facey, Lubin, WOW.

We could go massive at times with STONE and BRIMAH on the court at the same time, Enoch is a 5/stretch 4, and Facey could have the athleticism at times to play a large 3? absolutely a 4 (depends on his development this year).

After 2015 you would be left with Enoch, Facey, Lubin, and incoming, still very strong, experienced, and deep.

Combined with the OLLIGUARDS (Adams, Purvis, Samuel, Cassell, and/or potential Briscoe), you have SIZE and SPEED in TEAM ball.

We can press, we can run, and we can dominate the paint. Strive for 5!

We can't do Fire, but we can put our a front line of Rock and Brim(ah) Stone

Reaction Score
Love Amida... But if he doesn't tie up the game against St. Joes, does this thread exist? He had some great moments last year. He was infectious, worked really hard, and hustled all over the place. But lottery pick next year? He also had nine scoreless games last year and more telling 3 where he also didn't register a rebound and there were a handful of games where he was totally overmatched.

He has unbelievable potential and is a GREAT kid but we have to reel it in a bit. 30 and 15 in a game? Was that for real? Like Mau says, if he can give us 8-6-3 a game we should be absolutely ecstatic. Improve that to 13-9-4 as a junior and then he's a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
Love Amida... But if he doesn't tie up the game against St. Joes, does this thread exist? He had some great moments last year. He was infectious, worked really hard, and hustled all over the place. But lottery pick next year? He also had nine scoreless games last year and more telling 3 where he also didn't register a rebound and there were a handful of games where he was totally overmatched.

He has unbelievable potential and is a GREAT kid but we have to reel it in a bit. 30 and 15 in a game? Was that for real? Like Mau says, if he can give us 8-6-3 a game we should be absolutely ecstatic. Improve that to 13-9-4 as a junior and then he's a lottery pick.
You said it, "He has unbelievable potential." This is what the NBA draft is about, there is no chance Amida is here as a senior, let's just hope he doesn't blow up too much this year and comes back as a junior. Either way it works out for us, if he blows up we are going to be really freaking good.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Wow can't believe how much people are under rating Brimah this year.

He is clearly going to grow 2 feet and be a college version of Wilt scoring 100 pts in one game and averaging about 30-40 boards a game.

100 points? What's wrong with 111?

And grow 2 feet? What about 2 Hilton Units?

Reaction Score
There are a lot of ties between the Stone family and Wisconsin, and not only because of the locale or the school which some of them may have attended, but there are ties with the coaching staff as well. Longstanding. It will be very very hard to pry him away.
Sometimes that works in the opposite way. Some kids want to establish their own way and not do what their family wants them to do. He may want something different. You cant read much into it either way. Uconn being last on his visits also means little. We`ll know whenever he decides. Hopefully early Nov.

Reaction Score
Freshman Amida 4pts 3 rebs
Sophomore Amida 30pts 15 rebs
Juniior Amida 225pts 45 rebs
Senior Amida 1,6875pts 135 rebounds

If he keeps up his anticipated increase as expected for Soph. year

You're assuming a straight-line increase, but it's obviously going to be exponential.
Freshman year: 4pts, 3rebs
Soph year: 30pts, 15rebs
JR year: 4207.6pts, 792.6rebs
SR year: 778703687.5pts, 13997300.2rebs

Give or take.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Freshman Amida 4pts 3 rebs
Sophomore Amida 30pts 15 rebs
Juniior Amida 225pts 45 rebs
Senior Amida 1,6875pts 135 rebounds

If he keeps up his anticipated increase as expected for Soph. year

Did you know that disco record sales were up 400% for the year ending 1976? If these trends continue… A-y-y-y!

nmQEY.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone believes Brimah is going to be a lottery pick in the next draft. especially when Kentucky alone has about 4 bigs who will get taken before him..

But since I've never read a report about his family background, I would not be assured that he does not have pressing financial concerns that might make him jump on the NBA's guaranteed million for being a first-round pick.

There have been stories that both Amida's parents are college educated, with his father having gone to college in England. A few stories seem to lead that his father is quite intelligent, from a well to do family & a successful builder or something like that in his home city. I'm guessing they are more upper middle class. So the need for Amida to declare to help the family would seem minimal. I'm guessing Amida was brought up well, so money isn't a factor.

I agree NBA teams have their eye on him. He's got the height, motor, athleticism, eagerness to learn & leadership qualities that NBA teams love. He's just raw, but quickly developing. This year should be fun to see how far he's come along. We can all discus his NBA possibilities at the end of the season, rather than before the season starts.

Reaction Score
Another 'fun' fact... I can't remember once reading or hearing Amida is looking to move to the NBA anytime soon. Some of us are rushing him off to the NBA. I don't even think he's thinking about it, but rather than getting better & leading. He seems to be loving his time @ UConn, which is what college should be about. With Thabeet, Boat, Bazz, Drummond, Lamb, Kemba we all knew they were interested... Amida, he doesn't even seem to talk about it. I'm ok with that, even though I agree he has potential to leave early. I think Ollie will have that discussion with Amida, when Ollie thinks the time is right. Let's just enjoy him while he's here. Stone could learn a lot from Amida... passing of the torch!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Another 'fun' fact... I can't remember once reading or hearing Amida is looking to move to the NBA anytime soon. Some of us are rushing him off to the NBA. I don't even think he's thinking about it, but rather than getting better & leading. He seems to be loving his time @ UConn, which is what college should be about. With Thabeet, Boat, Bazz, Drummond, Lamb, Kemba we all knew they were interested... Amida, he doesn't even seem to talk about it. I'm ok with that, even though I agree he has potential to leave early. I think Ollie will have that discussion with Amida, when Ollie thinks the time is right. Let's just enjoy him while he's here. Stone could learn a lot from Amida... passing of the torch!

It may be that Amida will learn a lot from Diamond.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think Diamond commits to UCONN when all is said and done. I have thought this for the last two months.

I know we are DOOMED!

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
You got me wondering if Colorado and Washington schools have been getting an uptick in recruiting.

You still have to be 21 to partake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox